420 Member
Hope you are all well

This is my 4th Growth.
These 2 strains are watermelon zkittles and pinneaple express, both autoflowers

1. Germinating in paper towel then moved to soil coco mix in 20 oz solo cup
  2. March 5th, First sprout
  3. March 6th, watered 60 ml of ph-ed water 5.8
  4. March 12th Watered 90 ml of ph-ed water 5.8
  5. March 18th Watered 60ml of ph-ed water 5.8 (stop when ran off).
Now, the leaves are browning as picture attached.
Are they over watered? or possibly something else?
please help

IMG-20230322-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20230322-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20230322-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20230322-WA0002.jpg

Hope you are all well

This is my 4th Growth.
These 2 strains are watermelon zkittles and pinneaple express, both autoflowers

1. Germinating in paper towel then moved to soil coco mix in 20 oz solo cup
  2. March 5th, First sprout
  3. March 6th, watered 60 ml of ph-ed water 5.8
  4. March 12th Watered 90 ml of ph-ed water 5.8
  5. March 18th Watered 60ml of ph-ed water 5.8 (stop when ran off).
please help

IMG-20230322-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20230322-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20230322-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20230322-WA0002.jpg
What kind of light are you using and how close is it to your plants? CL🍀

First, if it is only water, it probably doesn't need to be pH'd. Chemical nutrients that are locked in salt bonds are the reason for a range of pH needed to grow this weed - if the food isn't present, the plant doesn't need the water to be pH'd.

Second, for soil, you want to be aiming at 6.3, where 5.8 is better for hydro grows.

hmm ok it’s a stunted autoflower… don’t feel bad since it’s easy enough to do!

coco soil mix? While they look similar… coco coir and soil are 2 very different things… maybe it’s both coco and soil but for now we need more info. Can you show a pic of the bag or provide brand name??

soil has nutrients to support plant growth and ph should be in the 6.3 range and plants in most soil types needs the wet dry cycle

coco is inert meaning there’s nothing in coco coir to sustain a plant…it’s merely a place where roots can grow if you provide proper nutrients to the plant... coco coir is passive hydro so it needs to have nutrients added plus ph gets set to 5.8 Plain water or plain ph adjusted water does nothing to help a plant grow in coco and coco must not be allowed to dry out. Plants grown in coco need nutrients added to the feed water

also next time ditch the clear cups, go with blacked out containers, weed roots love air but do not like exposure to light.

looks hungry, she’s eating her arms to have enough energy to grow new ones. For now I’d figure out the soil coco thing and try to keep them alive, you will learn something from the experience. However they are stunted and autos usually don’t recover from that so I’d also waterboard 2 more beans. Autos can be real squirrely, one mistake and you are toast; but photoperiods can bounce back from mistakes to reach successful harvest….

Looks like coco to me.
And me my ladies get a per soaked pot with nutes from day one.
She is so hungry she has turned to a cannibal
I never fill my seedling pot to start just in case she is leggy i can top it up.
Also see threw cups with no cover dont help seedlings roots dont light much . ;)

please help
You mentioned that you are growing those in "soil coco mix". It is possible that the coco mix you are using does not have any compost, earthworm castings or anything that will proved enough nutrients for the seedling to grow properly. We would have to know more about the mix you are using.

Most likely a supplement fertilizing program starting right about Day 1 after the seeds germinated would've helped as mentioned by @Skunksta. Something to keep in mind for future grows using the same "soil coco mix". Maybe he can make a few suggestions of doseage if you have a line of fertilizers that you plan on using.

The leaves turning brown or whitish reminds me of the leaves on some of the cuttings I have taken that I am trying to get to root. The cuttings still do not have a strong healthy root system yet and even if they have started to develop roots there are not enough of them to absorb the nutrients needed even if they are in a good soil mix.

I figure that in your case the roots are still not able to get enough from whatever is mixed in the coco. The seedlings can get by with water for awhile just like cuttings will grow in water for several weeks before roots form. But, they quickly will need more than just water.

looks hungry, she’s eating her arms to have enough energy to grow new ones. For now I’d figure out the soil coco thing and try to keep them alive, you will learn something from the experience. However they are stunted and autos usually don’t recover from that so I’d also waterboard 2 more beans. Autos can be real squirrely, one mistake and you are toast; but photoperiods can bounce back from mistakes to reach successful harvest….
013 brings up good points. I have not deliberately grown autoflowers but there are a lot of messages here that mention it does not take much to stunt them. And, once stunted they do not recover.

And a good point about planting a couple more seeds real soon and at the same time continuing growing these as a way to figure out what is happening and how to fix it.

One of the fun things about growing plants is figuring out what is needed to make they grow faster, larger and be more productive.

Looks like coco to me.
And me my ladies get a per soaked pot with nutes from day one.
She is so hungry she has turned to a cannibal
I never fill my seedling pot to start just in case she is leggy i can top it up.
Also see threw cups with no cover dont help seedlings roots dont light much . ;)
Everyone has their way of growing but I think it’s better to fill the solos to get even lighting and air to the seedlings. Helps keep the temperature down inside the solo. If it stretches too much I can always put it deeper when I uppot it. Imho. CL🍀

Everyone has their way of growing but I think it’s better to fill the solos to get even lighting and air to the seedlings. Helps keep the temperature down inside the solo. If it stretches too much I can always put it deeper when I uppot it. Imho. CL🍀
Move your light get better pots.
I really have seen no issues in 15 years over growing on and of with not filling a solo cup.
But each to there own if you think it works well thats all that matters friend.

Ninja edit i picked up not filling my starterr pot about 4-5 years in so 11 years
:)

Move your light get better pots.
I really have seen no issues in 15 years over growing with not filling a solo cup.
But each to there own if you think it works well thats all that matters friend.:)
Back at you amigo, whatever works for you is definitely the best way for you. Live n let live n happy growing! CL🍀

SmokingWings is pretty well on point.​

I'd avoid coco if your still kinda learning.
Looks like it hasn't had sufficient nutes to establish itself and stunted. Auto's can be finicky, they dont tend to recover if you get to this point. I would probably start again.

You shouldn't use a clear cup either, unless your sliding inside a colored one.
And you might find it better to put only holes on the bottom for seedling stage, you want to keep on the moist side... dry out once and their toast.

You are definitely overwatering, now whether the poorly looking leaves are a result of just overwatering or overwatering and root damage keeping the plant from getting the nutes, is up for debate. First, fix the water issue and everything will probably turn around. I see plenty of holes on the side of the cup, are there holes on the bottom?

Back
Top Bottom