First time grower

substance810

420 Member
I’ve enjoyed Mary 25+ years and know a lot of very skilled growers, finally setup my small perpetual grow in my basement of my first house I heard really great things about this product “chicken soup for the soil”

From what I gather on the MFG website it says use this once per week, and use in accordance with usual nutrients (at half rate, gradually increasing)

I’m gonna be growing in a 3in1 tent, 1200watt led, 600watt led, 150watt led. Soil sunshine #4, general hydroponics flora series + chicken soup for the soil. Planning to grow kush mint

any advice? Thoughts? Greatly appreciated I just joined this forum I’m super excited and humbled to learn

Hard to say with that product... they don’t list the ingredients.
GH Flora is meant for hydro, not soil BTW.

Oh no, I was given it free and told to use half the recommended amounts in soil, I’ll just get the proper soil nutrients I need what would be best? Also here’s a pic of the ingredients for chicken soup for the soil

Attachments

• C5CA0EC4-7AED-4859-B482-105FCB8AE1F0.jpeg
    C5CA0EC4-7AED-4859-B482-105FCB8AE1F0.jpeg
    639 KB · Views: 66
Just picked up fox farms: tiger bloom, grow big, big bloom
That’s a good line. Be sure to start out at 1/4 strength and work your way up. Use this feed schedule.
818647C2-D7E1-489A-8787-40C252DB73CB.jpeg

Be careful using the other with FF. From what I can tell it has 4-2-0 ratio, so I’m not sure I’d use it in flower.
It seems more for Organics, so running it with FF would be like pissing in the wind.
If you’re not going to run an organic grow, (FF Trio is not organic), I’m not sure using it will be beneficial.
You’ll need to feed/replenish microbes in order to break the insoluble ingredients in that product. FF would kill your microbes.

Update: I woke up today and went to the hydro store determined to just starts solid routine based on one reputable nutrient line. Here is is! Going to stick to this and it’s feeding chart. Just want something simple and proven I can stick to for my first runs and go from there :)

Attachments

• A7AA81E8-87A8-4639-93E0-E404BAE6F76F.jpeg
    A7AA81E8-87A8-4639-93E0-E404BAE6F76F.jpeg
    810.6 KB · Views: 80
Update: I woke up today and went to the hydro store determined to just starts solid routine based on one reputable nutrient line. Here is is! Going to stick to this and it’s feeding chart. Just want something simple and proven I can stick to for my first runs and go from there :)
That is far from simple... why don’t you ask for recommendations?
Recharge doesn’t go with those nutes that I’ve personally ever heard of.
Take all that crap back, go to Green Leaf Nutrients, and buy a bunch of Mega Crop if you want easy.
WTH are all those bottles for... in soil?
All the “hydro” guy wants is $$$. Take it back.

I can’t even find a website for them.
Got shammed by the hydro guy. Nothing new.

Hey bud, if you have not opend it than you should take it back. I would keep that Cal Mag as that is a good neutrition to have and your most likly will use it but return the rest.
I won't call out which nutrations to get as i am sure there are more advanced users that can help with that.
Good luck!!

Jesus Christ... I’m just gonna take this all back then. Just makes me want to quit. Thought I did something good and got taken advantage of then come here excited and you guys make me feel even dumber great! I feel like taking everything back and just stopping who knew the green community could act like such rude dicks!

Hey bud, if you have not opend it than you should take it back. I would keep that Cal Mag as that is a good neutrition to have and your most likly will use it but return the rest.
I won't call out which nutrations to get as i am sure there are more advanced users that can help with that.
Good luck!!

thsnks for responding like a reasonable person and not jumping down my throat and making me feel worse than I already do!

I have read a lot of good stuff about the Recharge but I am in New Zealand and it is not available here. I grow in soil but it is a 'homemade' supersoil type of mix with living worms in it that I put together 3 years ago, I mix in some additional amendments in the 'off season' between grows, plus I have a little worm farm bin just for worm castings and the worm wee to add to their waterings. I don't have much experience with soil nutes, but from what I gather it is best to go with something that gets good reviews and follow the directions. Many people rave about Mega Crop which is what I would personally check out if I was going the nute route. Good luck.

I have read a lot of good stuff about the Recharge but I am in New Zealand and it is not available here. I grow in soil but it is a 'homemade' supersoil type of mix with living worms in it that I put together 3 years ago, I mix in some additional amendments in the 'off season' between grows, plus I have a little worm farm bin just for worm castings and the worm wee to add to their waterings. I don't have much experience with soil nutes, but from what I gather it is best to go with something that gets good reviews and follow the directions. Many people rave about Mega Crop which is what I would personally check out if I was going the nute route. Good luck.

thanks for the reasoning and your view :)

I’m pretty sure what I got was a in house brand. My decision was based on the ingredients in the bottles and the feeding chart. When I said simple I didn’t mean that was a certain number of products I envisioned I’d my only deciding factor, I’ve seen some lines have 13 products in them...

Both managers at grow store said they used it and showed me plants on their phones I honestly didn’t really care and was going to get fox farm trio. Then 2 of my friends replied while I was in store and one said they use the line with great results and the other heard great things. I spoke to my buddies this morning and neither heard of mega drop. I don’t kno peeps it’s all love, this seems to be SUPER opinionated and confusing. Possibly I worded myself wrong too in the beginning. I’ts all love I’m gonna exit from the forum but appreciate everyone who took time to reply!

Attachments

• 794EBC7B-094B-4179-BF2D-D9C24A6A4B15.jpeg
    794EBC7B-094B-4179-BF2D-D9C24A6A4B15.jpeg
    630.4 KB · Views: 65
No worries man, best of luck. I have seen many people here grow really nice healthy plants on all different nute ranges. But Mega Crop I've seen mentioned increasingly. But whatever you bought I'm sure will work fine especially as you've got
growing folk there who can help you with suggestions, you'll be fine.

No doubt! I believe I’ll be ok if not I’m willing to bump my head. It’s impossible to find something perfect I literally asked 2 growers what they use just now and I looked up the reviews for those lines. The reviews were not amazing and a lot of bad reviews were there. But I’ve smoked the product from my buddies first hand for over 10 years and it’s always been high grade top notch so that tells me it’s the grower in my heart that matters most. So many variables, to be considered. I also kno a 3rd guy that grows killer bud with sub par general store bought nutes... it’s all mind boggling lol ah well here we go regardless

Hey bud, their frustration comes in because people buy normal neuts and they stick a different logo and advertising on it and sell it for more money. Also, if you get the same fertilizers that the community gets here, than is easier to help you.
You don't want to waste 3 months, money and energey to find out than what you did was wrong. My openion.
Maybe @Pennywise can help you better.

But good luck and welcome to 420. By the way im new too ;)

I honestly fully understand. What I felt best to do is call the best and most veteran grower I know. I just asked exactly what he uses. I returned Blumagic and got the Rick nutrient line yo he recommended. I’ve known him for 15yrs and I’ll be able to ask him anything in person, locally. And he can come see my grow in person if need be. This is what I’ll see through in my first grow. I’ll see how it goes and go from there :) one thing ima sure about is this grower one canibus cup using these 3 bottles and a tea which I also have and know when to add appropriately

Attachments

• B7A9BCA9-2D56-459A-B8FC-42BF5BA5249E.jpeg
    B7A9BCA9-2D56-459A-B8FC-42BF5BA5249E.jpeg
    660.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 358D8B37-1E3B-4F16-A65B-AC5AEF107887.jpeg
    358D8B37-1E3B-4F16-A65B-AC5AEF107887.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 62
I honestly fully understand. What I felt best to do is call the best and most veteran grower I know. I just asked exactly what he uses. I returned Blumagic and got the Rick nutrient line yo he recommended. I’ve known him for 15yrs and I’ll be able to ask him anything in person, locally. And he can come see my grow in person if need be. This is what I’ll see through in my first grow. I’ll see how it goes and go from there :) one thing ima sure about is this grower one canibus cup using these 3 bottles and a tea which I also have and know when to add appropriately
There you go bud. At the end of the day what matters is what works best for you. I don't know those line of neuts but really the names in the front is just advertisment. What matters is the ingrediants that are in those container and the scheduling of feeding. You seem to have both as well as a person who can help you and visit you.

Just remember to cure properly, other whys what you feed those plants is what you will taste :)

Happy 420! grow some big buds!

Back
Top Bottom