First time LST

Joshualuck

Well here I am not only first time with aquaponics but first time LST training. I've read for days about each category but until you actually get your hands wet you've done only read. Anyway. I'm here today loving life and feeling grateful that there is so many like minded people like me.

So please give me your insight and knowledge so that I can not only just read but apply to my everyday life. Thanks all.

20201101_101524.jpg

Hey man, just a heads up. Not sure if you know or not but your gonna want to be training the growth tips, right now your training fan leaves, it’s not gonna do too much. Wait till those tips get a inch or 2 long and start training them
Will do my friend. And no I didnt know for sure. Like I said my hand are now wet and I'm learning. However, I want to do the best I can so im not to proud to take advice or ask for it. Thank you so much for your knowledge and input. It truly is appreciated.

:welcome: to the community!
Well here I am not only first time with aquaponics but first time LST training. I've read for days about each category but until you actually get your hands wet you've done only read. Anyway. I'm here today loving life and feeling grateful that there is so many like minded people like me.

So please give me your insight and knowledge so that I can not only just read but apply to my everyday life. Thanks all.
In my signature are links to get strarted and shed's golden tutorials. Click on them, get your read on!

Well I read your whole page and I say. You rocked the lights out of them baby's. You taught me scores. Now let me ask you. When you first bend your plant how long does it take the leaf to right themselves.

You’ll get varying opinions on that one, some people just LST others Top and Train. I’ve done both and I find quality wise it’s the same, but quantity wise I get more large colas with a quadline/hexline top and training method. That’s just my opinion though. I’ll stick with top and train, right now I have a grow in 1 of my rooms (4 plants) that I topped and trained and after I’ve built the canopy I have a SCROG net that I’ll lower to keep it even during the stretch.

Sweet. Like I said I'm growing 2 great white shark and 2 red dragon. All are autos. However the great white shark tells the tell of outstanding thc quality and colas large enough to produce 20 oz on the low end so I want to squeeze all that I can ya know

Yeah that's what I was scared of. that's why I'm only training them. Trying to get a couple aprils and a bonsi Bush. Shoot I'm just playing for real when it comes to any real design on the plants. lol

I noticed my autos stiffened up with a fan on them. As it goes along be careful pulling them. I have two Bruce Banner autos one is just LST and I tried to FIM the other and do a little super cropping, it kinda worked but I dont think I'll try it on another.

Thank you for the advice. I rearranged the ties on my baby's and now I have them bent over with about an inch of the base stem starting at the lights. I need to keep them short and bushy if i can. I dont have much space and my grow box is only so big. Plus I've read that short bushy plants give the best yield.

Back
Top Bottom