First time outside grow in fabric pots

DaGreat313

420 Member
Hey group, this is my first grow outside from solo clones, how am I looking so far?
IMG_20220619_105545.jpg
IMG_20220619_105558.jpg
IMG_20220619_105525.jpg
IMG_20220619_105607.jpg

They look good! Are they in the shade just for the photoshoot? What strains are you growing and how old are they?
They were in the shade for a second, and it's strawberry nesquick, Afghan cookie, lithium og and another og, I forgot....week 7 in veg

Looks good but you might be thinking of a way to cover black pots. The black pots will be real hot when it gets hot this summer.
Okay thanks any idea on how often to water and what to feed them? I just put them in ffof and Wallace organic wonder

Just stick your finger in the dirt. If it comes out dry water. Slow deep watering so all the soil gets wet. I use the same soil every year. Use stone dust compost and Dolomite lime after harvest. Every 2 weeks I top dress with compost and worm castings. If I have to water I will use compost tea.

Just stick your finger in the dirt. If it comes out dry water. Slow deep watering so all the soil gets wet. I use the same soil every year. Use stone dust compost and Dolomite lime after harvest. Every 2 weeks I top dress with compost and worm castings. If I have to water I will use compost tea.
Ok thanks a lot for answering

I use little cedar "skewers" that I sand fairly smooth as a gauge. I stick them in the soil near the edge of the pot and leave for about 15 minutes. If put in dry you can see and feel how much moisture is present and how deep. I usually wait til it's dry almost to the bottom. The top inch can feel really dry but still a lot of moisture just below.

Hey group, this is my first grow outside from solo clones, how am I looking so far?
IMG_20220619_105545.jpg
IMG_20220619_105558.jpg
IMG_20220619_105525.jpg
IMG_20220619_105607.jpg
Awesome garden you have there....and some nice sounding strains....I bet your excited for the fluffy show lol. Great job so far
Just stick your finger in the dirt. If it comes out dry water.
Hey rayi, so I don't recommend this as a method for when to water for newer growers. Putting your finger into the top of the soil in let's say a 12" tall pot only tells you the top is dry but the bottom could be still completely saturated. The knuckle test was a huge problem when I started out I kept drowning plants..... Not to say it doesn't work for others but lifting the pots is a much better way to judge when to water imo for someone new... Heavy pot/plant = don't water....light pot/plant = add water.....simple and straight forward.

But your on point with the rest.... all solid advice....just the watering schedule is something I myself and a lot of others have struggled with.

Lifting a 65 gallon pot with full grown plant is not easy for a 68 year old man
Well as a younger man I cannot lift a 65 gallon pot of dirt either... Water logged or not lol I wish I could tho.... But just from looking at the pots in the photos I would assume they're around 10 gallon at the most that's why I recommended the lift method.... But thank you for pointing out that a lot our members aren't spring chickens anymore so using the lift method may not be the best advice.

Well...you have to remember to use your legs....you know...the ones with the creaky knees, sore hips and very suspect ankles!!! :thedoubletake: :rofl::thedoubletake:
I feel your pain!!!!!

It wasn't much easier for most of us when we were 20 either.;)

But just from looking at the pots in the photos I would assume they're around 10 gallon at the most that's why I recommended the lift method....
Yep, they do look like around the 10, maybe 15 gallon, size. They could be measured across the top and the height and the numbers plugged into some web-sites that will give the approx size.

To help relate to the size, 65 gallons is about 25% bigger than a 55 gallon drum. Or almost twice as large as a regular size bale of ProMix or Peat Moss, either of which is approx 38 gallons.

Well...you have to remember to use your legs....you know...the ones with the creaky knees, sore hips and very suspect ankles!!! :thedoubletake: :rofl::thedoubletake:
I feel your pain!!!!!
Fak you guys are making me feel bad lol
It wasn't much easier for most of us when we were 20 either.;)

Yep, they do look like around the 10, maybe 15 gallon, size. They could be measured across the top and the height and the numbers plugged into some web-sites that will give the approx size.

To help relate to the size, 65 gallons is about 25% bigger than a 55 gallon drum. Or almost twice as large as a regular size bale of ProMix or Peat Moss, either of which is approx 38 gallons.
Yup....no worries I didn't think it was a 55+ gallon...... And at roughly 12 lb a gallon of wet dirt... Lifting that would be worlds strongest man type gardening lol

Back
Top Bottom