First time with Super Silver Haze - Grow tent scrogs & transplent question

Dukefromearth

Hi,

It's my frist grow with Super silver Haze. I my first two were with ak48 that was happy inside and got satisfying results.

Since the SSH feminized from crop king seeds is know foy growing tall I made myself a scrog wood frame to tame train the plant as wide as possible to reduce the final height and optimise the general efficiency. It's the first time I use a scrog and a plant known to be kinda tall.

Any tips on how to proceed and if I should use the biggest pots available to avoid resetting the scrog net while transplanting? Is using the final pots right when germination is over possible/wrong?

I need this grow to succeed to avoit returning to old and risky modes of acquiring my medication which I'm so happy I did not have to return to yet.

Sorry if I'm not totally clear.

TLDR: 3x3x6 tent, Supersilver haze with scrog. Any strategies for pots, transplant and trainin to imporve quality and success of growth would really be appreciated.

Re: First time with super silver haze, grow tent scrogs and transplent question

Hi Dukefromearth,

Saw your post and thought I would reply. I grew SSH in a small 24x28x48 tall grow box and it really rocked. I had one plant that I mainlined and it gave me a great amount for the space. I had it mainlined to 8 colas on a single plant. Quite a site! Some of the best I have grown yet. Scrog should work well but watch the height, those sativa's can really grow tall. I am not personally a user of Scrog but it seems to work well for most.

I also have a tent 2x4x5foot that I use also and am going to mainline only from now on! My last grow in the tent produced 9 oz of AK-47 from one plant and 20 oz of white widow from two plants. All three plants grew together in the one tent and I performed a modified mainline on them. Saves a lot of wasted space and the nugs get maximum light exposure with all the other leaves out of the way. My LED produced some rock hard nugs that smoked really smooth. I used 5 gallon pots for the three plants and that was about all the tent would hold. It did get crowded at the end, the flowering spread really filled the tent but, it sure seemed to produce a LOT of good weed in a relative small space.

I am considering using the grow box for a mother plant and growing the clones in the tent. haven't decided yet. Good luck on your grow.

Re: First time with super silver haze, grow tent scrogs and transplent question

Duke - as Biker mentioned, mainline or as it's called at 420Mag - "Flux" - is a great way to train with LST and topping. Most do a transplant or two as they continue growing outwards and training the plant to lie flat. Once you've got as many nodes as you can fit, let them grow vertically for a few weeks before flipping the lights. Here is a link to a thread with many amazing fluxes.:Namaste:

Light Addict's Fluxing Central - Featuring The Original Flux Journal

WeedLog

Thanks for you inputs. This growth will be the frist I really attemp to train them. Especially since I expect this one to want to reach superior heights than my ak48.

I used to top each plant one to get 2 big colas by plant but this time I'll need to improve the technique. I made a wood frame with a rope net that I'll setup when the time is right and that's what I need to learn about. I<m reading a lot online on LST and scrogs. Looked for mainlining after reading your posts. Still a bit scared every time I top up a plant so I wanna make sure before acting too fast.

Back
Top Bottom