First week issues - What am I doing wrong?

FitHaze

Hey guys,

First time, blogger, first time grower, lots of questions.

Currently I've got a 4'x4'x80" grow tent that I'm working with, inside I have two 8" clip on fans. For lighting I've got a 600 watt metal halide bulb with the ballast running on about 50%, lighting schedule is a 20 and 4 cycle.

For the medium I mixed one brick of coconut coir with the appropriate amount of water, added in perlite as well. Germinated five seeds, all sprouted beautifully and we're first planted in solo cups to begin with.

Now we run into the roadblocks, temperature has been a slight issue, the tent has been running around 87 to 90 degrees F. And humidity around 38-40%. Neither of which are idea conditions. My first question, what can I do to improve my growing environment?

Three of my seedlings look decent, their leaves are looking slightly yellow and growing seems to have halted. However the other two have wilted significantly and are almost dead. Could that be due to the conditions of the tent?

Thank you so much for your time and response, I hope to greatly contribute to these forums.

For the slow growth of plant, without a pic or 2 ilk guess at over watering being the issue (nearly always the case with new growers) high temps won't help. I'm assuming you have an exhaust fan there? Is it sufficient in air exchange? Are you running a cool tube on the lights? As for the humidity, I could do with borrowing the 40% you wanna swop for my 80%? :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom