First week of flower little to no stretch?

What size containers were your plants in and how long did you veg them for?
They were in 5 gal grow bags and 10 weeks of veg except I was slow to transplant so most of that was was in solo cups and 1 gal grow bags

Problem is either strain,light, or ph being off in veg maybe a combo

I’m thinking I may just need a better light thinking about a viparspectra p2000 or marshydro sp3000 for my 2X4. my ph was off throughout veg I had read 5.5-5.8 was good,but I’m pretty sure for soil I wanted 6.2-6.8 which is what I had throughout flower next run will probably be one of those lights and proper PH throughout I know my temps and humidity were fine no pest disease or mold issues

Go with 300w, you’ve got 8 sq ft. and want between 30-40 watts per sq ft. As I recall the sweet spot is about 32-35 watts per sq ft.
Wasn't trying to reply to your comment or direct this at you phytoplankton. Must have accidental clicked and just noticed it. Not retyping this. :lot-o-toke:

With white/red LEDs 20wat minimum and 35wat/square foot is your range. Every wat bellow 20 is a noticeable cut in production. Below 15 wats it's slow grow popcorn buds or less. Any more than 35wat/foot without a climate controlled CO2 environment to support it you are just wasting power and creating an easy bake oven .

Target for optimum growth is 800 to 1000 PPFD. The P2000 240wat is for a 2x4 area. Based on PPFD footprint a foot of the long run edges are too dark and the center is too hot.

P2000mapjpg.jpg

I prefer running multiple smaller lights for even coverage. From center to 9oclock 12" values are; 1006, 834, 614, 346, 70.... Where the footprint overlaps you add the PPFD values. Two P1000s 115wat each values would be 1006, 904, 960, 904, 1006.No extreme hot and cold spots for an even, productive canopy. The KS3000 series uses the same approach with 4 smaller 75wat lights on a frame for an even 3 x 3 coverage.

P1000mapjpg.jpg

They were in 5 gal grow bags and 10 weeks of veg except I was slow to transplant so most of that was was in solo cups and 1 gal grow bags

Problem is either strain,light, or ph being off in veg maybe a combo

I’m thinking I may just need a better light thinking about a viparspectra p2000 or marshydro sp3000 for my 2X4. my ph was off throughout veg I had read 5.5-5.8 was good,but I’m pretty sure for soil I wanted 6.2-6.8 which is what I had throughout flower next run will probably be one of those lights and proper PH throughout I know my temps and humidity were fine no pest disease or mold issues

I’m gonna ask a few more questions so bear with me, I’m just trying to get us an idea of where your grow and knowledge are at so we can help you identify your major limiting factor. I have a strong suspicion it’s your light, as others have said, but I want to make sure so that way you don’t spend money on stuff, get the same result, then be completely demotivated. That sucks.

How long were you in the 5 gallon grow bag before going to flower? Do you remember how long you spent in the solo and 1 gallon?

Do you know if your plants hermed or not? Lots of bagseed tend to hermaphrodite, which is why there are seeds in the bag to begin with. Do you know what a hermaphrodite plant is? Ive had bagseed plants that will start to stretch and even throw some buds but then they just stop and start growing stamens everywhere and never get any bigger or better.

When you grew the first time, with a bigger yield, did you do anything different that time than this time?

I’m gonna ask a few more questions so bear with me, I’m just trying to get us an idea of where your grow and knowledge are at so we can help you identify your major limiting factor. I have a strong suspicion it’s your light, as others have said, but I want to make sure so that way you don’t spend money on stuff, get the same result, then be completely demotivated. That sucks.

How long were you in the 5 gallon grow bag before going to flower? Do you remember how long you spent in the solo and 1 gallon?

Do you know if your plants hermed or not? Lots of bagseed tend to hermaphrodite, which is why there are seeds in the bag to begin with. Do you know what a hermaphrodite plant is? Ive had bagseed plants that will start to stretch and even throw some buds but then they just stop and start growing stamens everywhere and never get any bigger or better.

When you grew the first time, with a bigger yield, did you do anything different that time than this time?
They were probably in solo cups 3-4weeks 1gal another 3-4 and about 2weeks of veg in 5gal

Pretty sure one did herm out as I found seeds and had no males I believe I know which one because it had the majority of seeds found

biggest difference between 1st and second grow is half of veg and all of flower I used distilled water while the 2nd grow half of veg was distilled while the rest and all of flower were tap
First grow had fungi added each transplant second only had fungi added once

I also changed my light schedule from 10-10 to 8-8 mid flower my 2nd grow

However my training was far superior the 2nd grow creating many more bud sites and the plants went into flower a lot less stressed

They were probably in solo cups 3-4weeks 1gal another 3-4 and about 2weeks of veg in 5gal

Pretty sure one did herm out as I found seeds and had no males I believe I know which one because it had the majority of seeds found

biggest difference between 1st and second grow is half of veg and all of flower I used distilled water while the 2nd grow half of veg was distilled while the rest and all of flower were tap
First grow had fungi added each transplant second only had fungi added once

I also changed my light schedule from 10-10 to 8-8 mid flower my 2nd grow

However my training was far superior the 2nd grow creating many more bud sites and the plants went into flower a lot less stressed
Same fox farm trio liquid nutrients dialed back just abit might of had too much N first grow also I used sungro black gold potting soil this whole run. 1st run was the sungro then ocean forest potting soil

Lots of bagseed tend to hermaphrodite, which is why there are seeds in the bag to begin with.
Good point to bring up. Lot of times the bag seeds can be from different strains. The harvests from more than one plant will end up being mixed together to make that bag of weed for the market.

Someone gave me some seeds that he admitted were bag-seeds. I randomly picked out 5 of them and three of them germinated. Each of those three were dramatically different from the others; especially noticeable was the one plant that turned out to be an auto-flower.

Back
Top Bottom