Flashmp3's Green Crack x Blue Dream Rockwool Revenge

Last update

I guess II have to start a new journal for the next girls or maybe just change the title and update the first post to explain quickly what happened. It s only one page so maybe should still remain a clean thread.

Finally I ve put the girls outside (76F during day) in ph'ed 5.5 rockwool cubes I took time to rince before. But just for the green crack. As new seeds arrive on Monday I prefer starting over to grow something clean. The girls will do whatever they want outside. I let the blue dream in the high ph rockwool cubes as even if they would make it, I don t have any space to grow them. I ll figure depending on how they end

Cheers

Planted new girls yesterday night. Those ones are the experiments ones. Two seem to be able to recover when I put them in coco. The other one was just to test if I could supercrop early in veg so that it could lead to big knuckle and more nutrient flow later

The new growth looks good. Give em a little time they might surprise ya

Hi Derby ! Nice to see you!

Depending on the weather they will recover. It s a bit rainy those last days.

Here is the update :

Feeding : ph'ed water to 5 with recommended dosage of voodoo juice + b52 + Bio Vega + CalMag

Biobizz Coco Mix is advertised to be ph 6.2. That's why I feeded with ph 5 solution. Now they will do whatever they want outside.

The news seeds where planted last night so hope to see them sprouting within a few days!

Hi Derby ! Nice to see you!

Depending on the weather they will recover. It s a bit rainy those last days.

Here is the update :

Feeding : ph'ed water to 5 with recommended dosage of voodoo juice + b52 + Bio Vega + CalMag

Biobizz Coco Mix is advertised to be ph 6.2. That's why I feeded with ph 5 solution. Now they will do whatever they want outside.

The news seeds where planted last night so hope to see them sprouting within a few days!
The new growth looks great! I am glad you were able to recover some of the plants and you gained knowledge form this experience. I have cut down many of plants from experiment's gone bad, but I still keep trying to find the best way for me to grow my strains.

I noticed that you are going to use misters on this up coming grow. Don't let the mist coat any part of your plant's. You will get a build up of nutrients on the plant that might be harmful to your girls.
As for your grow journal. Keep it as is. You have explained what happened very good. Keep up the good work.

The new growth looks great! I am glad you were able to recover some of the plants and you gained knowledge form this experience. I have cut down many of plants from experiment's gone bad, but I still keep trying to find the best way for me to grow my strains.

I noticed that you are going to use misters on this up coming grow. Don't let the mist coat any part of your plant's. You will get a build up of nutrients on the plant that might be harmful to your girls.
As for your grow journal. Keep it as is. You have explained what happened very good. Keep up the good work.

Thank you for your kindness and support! Really appreciate :green_heart:

I wrote misters cause I don't know the precise English word. But it actually doesn't mist. Just a single flow of water comes out of it. I ve also adjusted them and directed them so that they water only the coco around the plants but not directly. Since my bad experience with foliar spraying I won't let anything touch the plants anymore except air!

This time I m trying to really keep everything controlled! Some of the seeds I put in rockwool on Monday night have already sprouted! That time I used grodan rockwool instead of another brand, an also took time to rince them then soak for 48 hours in ph 5 instead of just 30 mins as advertised. I wanted to be sure to have the small cubes adjusted to good ph around 5.5. Seems to pay off for now. I didn't start them straight in coco just cause I can germinate more at once in humidity dome and humidity is better than in the grow room for seedling stage. I also planted on straight in coco just as a comparison in time of sprouting.

I ll update with pictures when the entire grow is ready!

I'm wondering if :

1- I keep a clean grow space with all plants same age. I put the pot with the 2 oldest outdoor as it was before during 1 week and let them do whatever they want. This would permit me to have a clean grow space with the reservoir in the middle like that :

Or

2- I keep things as it is cause maybe when the two ladies have entirely recovered, the others young seeds will have grown enough so that all plants will be all around the same?? But this would force me to keep the reservoir outside of the grow space (less practical and fashion) . This would also maybe force me to add 100w power wattage more on the electricity bill cause I ll have to use another led light. This would also increase the heat (summer here) What do you think of it?

Other pictures :

I would put the rez outside of the grow room if the temp on the outside of your tent if possible. You don't want the solution to get too hot, above 85 degrees. The will cause you to have root rot. Put a air stone in the rez as well. You can't have too much Oxygen in your solution. It will help stabilize the pH as well.

I would put the rez outside of the grow room if the temp on the outside of your tent if possible. You don't want the solution to get too hot, above 85 degrees. The will cause you to have root rot. Put a air stone in the rez as well. You can't have too much Oxygen in your solution. It will help stabilize the pH as well.

Thanks for advice I hadn't thought of it so in fact that's the best solution! Also I forgot to mention outside doesn't have more than 7 hours of direct sun...

Here we are :

I removed fan leaves on purpose to slow growth a bit and give time to the other babies to grow more. This will also allow a stronger plant later in flowering if everything goes well!

@Derbybud do you think i should water the small coco pot? I was thinking it looks still moist under the surface so maybe is good to force the plant to push roots further down?! Haven't watered for two days

@Derbybud do you think i should water the small coco pot? I was thinking it looks still moist under the surface so maybe is good to force the plant to push roots further down?! Haven't watered for two days
Coco needs a little everyday. Just outside the leaves. Also for your rez get some Flying Skull Z7. Expensive but a little goes a long way. Especially with higher temps.

Be careful with the center pot. You don't want to put too much solution in that causes it to overflow. I think you will be happy with the air stones in your rez.

Coco needs a little everyday. Just outside the leaves. Also for your rez get some Flying Skull Z7. Expensive but a little goes a long way. Especially with higher temps.
Be careful with the center pot. You don't want to put too much solution in that causes it to overflow. I think you will be happy with the air stones in your rez.

Thanks guy! I ll put seeds in big pots then water everything with auto watering system. Will adjust ph to 5.5 and feed with advanced nutrients 2ml/L voodoo juice + b52 + connoisseur grow A+B 1/4 strength

Regarding Flying Skull Z7 it costs x4 the price to get it in my country

Thanks guy! I ll put seeds in big pots then water everything with auto watering system. Will adjust ph to 5.5 and feed with advanced nutrients 2ml/L voodoo juice + b52 + connoisseur grow A+B 1/4 strength

Regarding Flying Skull Z7 it cost x4 the price to get it in my country
Sorry about the pricing on the Z7. Bummer as it's a great product for a rez. Regarding you feed. You should try to keep your ph between 5.8- 6.2 I'm a little concerned you may get some problems at 5.5

Sorry about the pricing on the Z7. Bummer as it's a great product for a rez. Regarding you feed. You should try to keep your ph between 5.8- 6.2 I'm a little concerned you may get some problems at 5.5

I relied on those charts I had seen on the net :

From all my grows I always saw ph rising. I read on the net and somewhere on this forum that it s good for the pH to slide between 5.5 and 6.2 in coco. Maybe I didn't get it right? Give me your thoughts @Derbybud

Here are some pictures @cmeflyin05 :

Day 4 from seed :

Day 25 from seed / Day 3 from rescue plan :

Actually I was talking bout the next ones. Those ones will die in few days for sure. I ve flushed (water ph 5, 5L third times) then watered only with water ph 5.8 with biocanna bio Vega 1/4 recommanded dosage. I ve also turned off the auto watering and will be hand watering everyday with same mix once a day 5L per pots so a bit more than 1L for each plant. If it s not enough water it s not too bad. They will die and I will move on.

I need to really tell you guys that am sad I screw up a grow twice within a month. But i accept to learn from my mistakes and keep sharing everything as it may help someone one day.

:Namaste:
The risks we take in the name of science. Experimentation is meant for mistakes to be made. You learn more when you fail

Back
Top Bottom