Flower rooms too hot

clemsontigz

Gotta question fellas,,, Ive got a flower room in a shop, I live in the deep south so the heat gets pretty rough.. With that said midway through flower my girls are gettin yellow and a little brittle but the buds are always huge and potent. It usually runs around 89 to 90 in the room . Is It worth instaling a window unit to keep cool just for the looks of the plant? OR Would it change the potency of the plant staying cooler in the room? Weighin my options on the price , I can deal with the looks of the plant if it isnt gonna help the potency. What should I do?

Re: Flower rooms too hot...

Hi, I don't know if I can help but I try anyway.
if you grow in soil 90 is ok.
but if you grow in hydro. that way to hot for the res. water.
If you can install the AC unit that are very good, but install the opposite side of your exhust vent so you don't wast a lot of cool air.

First off let me welcome to this forum Clemsontigz.I think it would be a benefit to your grow to add some way of providing a little cooler enviroment for the ladies (if possible)Heck they provide you with a certain amount of happiness right:winkyface:Maybe just a weee ac.GOOD GROWING.:high-five:

Thanks for the reply guys and thanks for the welcome...I do grow in soil but i think Ill buy a window unit just to let em grow in comfort.. Thanks again..

90 is ok.
but if you grow in hydro. that way to hot for the res. water..

I grow hydro.
Temp is not measured at water level (on any system). Water in a res keeps way cooler than that on its own (for one, because it is at floor level, in the shade). Summer is very hot here and even though temps registered at about 95 @ the top of the plants (this is where you take temp readings) during lights on, the res kept at about 76-80, and the girls grew big and healthy with no problems at all and yielded a lot. Granted, a lower temp would have been better but an AC unit is expensive in itself and expensive to operate. The cheap ones that use a water tank to 'cool' the air might help a little but the humidity is gonna skyrocket and that's way worse than a few more degrees of temp.

77-82°F would be a nice range to aim for, both for the environment as well as the res (if applicable) 90 is a bit too high but not enough to cause major issues, some leaves may dry a little but it shouldn't be a problem.

The yellowing of the leaves is not caused by temp issues, if you're near the end then yellowing is supposed to happen, it signals that the plant is depleting its nitrogen reserves in the leaves and stem and is ready for harvest. If you're not near the end (you mentioned you're half way into it, how many weeks is that?) then you may have a deficiency problem, try to look into it.

Good luck and happy growing!!!

Back
Top Bottom