Flowering Time?

BuzzDaddy

Yo, my fellow grow peeps,
As most of the 420 Mag crew knows, I'm a new grower and lovin' every minute of it. First, just a quick thanks to all that have help me in this amazing journey. Secondly, I have a question. Plz view the following pics of my sexy ladies and let me know if I should put into flowering, 12/12? They look very healthy but not huge like some I have seen on the site. The white hairs are starting to turn brown. What does that mean? I had them in veg first, of course, then put into flowering to determine sex, then put back in veg to fill out and with hopes to get bigger buds. They have filled out some but still pretty small. They have been back in veg for about 2 weeks. How will I know when it's time to put into flowering? Plz check out my pics and shoot me some comments and opinions.
Much peace and love,
BuzzDaddy
420-magazine-mobile1926800084.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1366597698.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1425367581.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1488662557.jpg
420-magazine-mobile29670133.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1401013678.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1632699559.jpg
420-magazine-mobile597910930.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Must be an auto???
If it is an auto, I'd leave it at 18/6. It's just beginning to flower so it will fatten up over the next many weeks.

Must be an auto???
If it is an auto, I'd leave it at 18/6. It's just beginning to flower so it will fatten up over the next many weeks.
I like the way u are talking Major. They are not auto as far as I know, just bagseed. I don't know the strain or anything. I just know I love the way their looking and smelling so I guess I'll leave them in 18/6 and watch 'um flourish.
Thanks for the input Major.

It's amazing to me they are blooming under 18/6 and not autos!!
In that case, I probably would reduce the light a little just to make sure they stay flowering. Maybe down to 16/8???
But as long as they continue to flower, more light should be better.

:bravo:

It's amazing to me they are blooming under 18/6 and not autos!!
In that case, I probably would reduce the light a little just to make sure they stay flowering. Maybe down to 16/8???
But as long as they continue to flower, more light should be better.

:bravo:
So in your opinion I should keep them in 18/6? Their not auto as I know of beings I got the seed from a buddy. Thanks man.

So in your opinion I should keep them in 18/6? Their not auto as I know of beings I got the seed from a buddy. Thanks man.

I don't know. I've not heard of a photo plant going into flower with 18 hours of light. :sorry: :goodluck:

I think from reading you were 18/6, switched to 12/12 to sex, and went back to 18/6 2 weeks ago? If this is the case, I'd give them some more time to get back to growing phase. If you can, pot her up, give her 3 weeks, and go back to 12/12. If you go to 12/12 now, please keep us posted on her progress. Good luck!

I think from reading you were 18/6, switched to 12/12 to sex, and went back to 18/6 2 weeks ago? If this is the case, I'd give them some more time to get back to growing phase. If you can, pot her up, give her 3 weeks, and go back to 12/12. If you go to 12/12 now, please keep us posted on her progress. Good luck!
I'll definitely keep ye posted. What does pot up mean? I don't know what you mean. Newbie here.

BuzzDaddy- Is this correct? Were they flipped to 12/12 to sex them and then back to 18/6 to grow more? When was this and for how long?
If true, in my experience, it can take quite a while for the plant to get back into full veg mode.

Yes, it is true, correct. I posted the info at the beginning of this post.
Veg mode, 18/6
Flowering, 12/12 to sex,
Veg mode, 18/6, about 2 weeks into veg presently.
Thank you so much for your help. It's greatly appreciated.
BuzzDaddy

Yes, it is true, correct. I posted the info at the beginning of this post.
Veg mode, 18/6
Flowering, 12/12 to sex,
Veg mode, 18/6, about 2 weeks into veg presently.
Thank you so much for your help. It's greatly appreciated.
BuzzDaddy

Damn - I missed that part of the OP.

Some plants take a longgggg time to get back into full veg mode. But if left to flower once re-veg is under way, they often grow thin wispy buds.

When I sex plants that way, I start under 12/12 then switch them to veg immediately when I see the first true pistil. That keeps the single-bladed leaves and weird growth to a minimum. Hopefully you did a "quick flip". If so, you could go either way: Grow to the size you want, or flip now. Smaller, younger plants tend to stretch more so make sure you have plenty of head room. At least they look indica-dominant, which should help with their height. How long were they under 12/12 to sex them?

Damn - I missed that part of the OP.

Some plants take a longgggg time to get back into full veg mode. But if left to flower once re-veg is under way, they often grow thin wispy buds.

When I sex plants that way, I start under 12/12 then switch them to veg immediately when I see the first true pistil. That keeps the single-bladed leaves and weird growth to a minimum. Hopefully you did a "quick flip". If so, you could go either way: Grow to the size you want, or flip now. Smaller, younger plants tend to stretch more so make sure you have plenty of head room. At least they look indica-dominant, which should help with their height. How long were they under 12/12 to sex them?
I didn't jot down the dates but they were in veg for about 6 weeks then went to flower, took about 2 weeks to sex then back to veg and been in veg for about 2 weeks now. Their about 9-10 weeks old presently.

Back
Top Bottom