Nutrients

BuzzDaddy

Hey fellow grow peeps,
Quick question.... I have recently sexed all of my plants and came out with 5 sexy ladies. To determine the ladies I took them out of veg(18/6) and put them in 12/12. Ok, since their all females I put them back into veg,18/6, to fill out more because I want the biggest yield they'll produce. My question is should I start feeding them some extra nutrients? I'm using Fox Farm soil and I know it already has nutrients in it. I see other growers on the site and their girls look huge and full "slightly envious" LOL. I have included a pic of the ladies as of yesterday, 8/30/16. My girls are about 6 weeks, maybe 7 weeks old. Check out my journal and it will give the info that I'm using, sure as type of soil and so forth.
420-magazine-mobile1472643590.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey fellow grow peeps,
Quick question.... I have recently sexed all of my plants and came out with 5 sexy ladies. To determine the ladies I took them out of veg(18/6) and put them in 12/12. Ok, since their all females I put them back into veg,18/6, to fill out more because I want the biggest yield they'll produce. My question is should I start feeding them some extra nutrients? I'm using Fox Farm soil and I know it already has nutrients in it. I see other growers on the site and their girls look huge and full "slightly envious" LOL. I have included a pic of the ladies as of yesterday, 8/30/16. My girls are about 6 weeks, maybe 7 weeks old. Check out my journal and it will give the info that I'm using, sure as type of soil and so forth.

Hey BuzzDaddy, Got your PM and figured I would check out this post and respond here.

1st Congrats on the 5 Ladies:thumb:
They are looking good.

" I see other growers on the site and their girls look huge and full "slightly envious" LOL."
From your journal I see you are growing from seed not Clone. Seed takes more time to get to size then vegging a clone.
Then you also have to consider the factor of Genetics, Light, Water, medium, etc. etc. etc.
Don't worry about the size of other growers plants at this point, just try to focus on your girls and keeping them as happy as possible. Read / Watch / Learn as much as you can while they are growing. Observe your plants as you do things and make changes to see how they react. Take detailed notes, they are a lot better then memory.

Now for your question.

Which Fox Farm Soil are you using? Did you add/mix anything with it before planting? How long have they been in their current containers of this Fox Farm soil? Tell us about your watering schedule since they have been in it.

This all will help with someone giving you an accurate answer.

Hey BuzzDaddy, Got your PM and figured I would check out this post and respond here.

1st Congrats on the 5 Ladies:thumb:
They are looking good.

" I see other growers on the site and their girls look huge and full "slightly envious" LOL."
From your journal I see you are growing from seed not Clone. Seed takes more time to get to size then vegging a clone.
Then you also have to consider the factor of Genetics, Light, Water, medium, etc. etc. etc.
Don't worry about the size of other growers plants at this point, just try to focus on your girls and keeping them as happy as possible. Read / Watch / Learn as much as you can while they are growing. Observe your plants as you do things and make changes to see how they react. Take detailed notes, they are a lot better then memory.

Now for your question.

Which Fox Farm Soil are you using? Did you add/mix anything with it before planting? How long have they been in their current containers of this Fox Farm soil? Tell us about your watering schedule since they have been in it.

This all will help with someone giving you an accurate answer.
Thank you for answer bud. I'm not sure which kind of Fox Farm it is but I'll look when I'm home later today. They have been in current containers for about a week and a half. The watering schedule is very simple, I just lift the pot and if it feels light I'll water a little. I don't gave a normal schedule but thanks to your suggestion I will start measuring and documenting. I've read and research so much I think I've just gotten paranoid about watering thinking I'm going to over water, but that will change today beings I will start logging and watching everything. Thank you so much for your help. I'm feeling better and encouraged about the grow since receiving your message and guidance..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You can give some nutrition to your ladies. But I didn't see a brand name so I can't say how much.
Start with 1/4 of what it says on the bottle every week. I don't know how often you water...

plants don't look like they are hungry to me. I'm sure there is enough nutes in soil at this point. Its not the nutes that give big bushy plants, thats the least important of all the factors. Environment is everything. make sure you have good airflow, good light source and a RH of around 60 is good. Then you can start looking at nutes. when you start adding them start at 1.0ec (500ppm) and build from their. I like Advanced Nutes 3 part PH perfect as a good base nute but there are lots decent base nutes out there.

Don't go nuts with additives until you really know what you are doing and why you are adding them. I always tell people to add mycorrhizae, great white is good, big roots = big buds.

you also want to bend and train the plants if you are looking for bushy plants.

Good luck.

plants don't look like they are hungry to me. I'm sure there is enough nutes in soil at this point. Its not the nutes that give big bushy plants, thats the least important of all the factors. Environment is everything. make sure you have good airflow, good light source and a RH of around 60 is good. Then you can start looking at nutes. when you start adding them start at 1.0ec (500ppm) and build from their. I like Advanced Nutes 3 part PH perfect as a good base nute but there are lots decent base nutes out there.

Don't go nuts with additives until you really know what you are doing and why you are adding them. I always tell people to add mycorrhizae, great white is good, big roots = big buds.

you also want to bend and train the plants if you are looking for bushy plants.

Good luck.
Thank you Cultivator. I'm actually LST training now(see pics). I don't know what you mean by RH and 1.0 ec (500ppm). I dont know what all that means. Very new grower here.
420-magazine-mobile317187142.jpg
420-magazine-mobile480663783.jpg
420-magazine-mobile249615282.jpg
420-magazine-mobile224243457.jpg

so ec/ppm is the strength of the nutrient you will put through the plants. I advise you to purchase a meter to check this. its really simple. you just mix your base nutrient and check strength with the meter, that way its more accurate than just pouring out of bottle and guessing.

RH is the humidity of your grow room. Buy a hygrometer, it will give you your temps and humidity and they don't cost much.

no problem. feel free to check my journals out. i have lots info in them. mostly coco and hydro but a lot of principles remain the same regardless if you aren't using super soil. I always reply to questions in my journals, there are no stupid questions if you don't know the answers, we all start from the beginning.....

Back
Top Bottom