Flushing

Ggdavies

Right hello I'm wondering if someone out there could dum it down for me this is my first time growing and I'm nearing the end and my question is could someone please dum down how too what i should do too flush I have some flawless finish I've read not too really use it's a waste but I'm gonna use it and I'm gonna flush I have two plants I'm gonna flush one and not the other too stop anyone telling me not too or too so please no one tell why I should or shouldn't I'm with everyone on this debate I'm lost so I'm gonna do my own experiment thank you all in advance happy growing ppl

I don’t flush, it only removes nutrients from your medium. Once a plant takes up a molecule of say nitrogen it’s there to stay.
I really get this I truly do but my god so many of my mates telling shit they don't no I'm doin this as an experiment so too speak flushing one and not flushing one and giving both a 4-6 week cure and handing them a bud of each and seeing what is said once and for all this is why I'm asking someone too dum it down because I'm with the not flushing but ppl can be frustrating and just want too prove a point what is the worst that will happen I'll lose a little yield mayb so be it for this...same as racing we all believe we the best karting the only way too.prove it lmao

Right hello I'm wondering if someone out there could dum it down for me this is my first time growing and I'm nearing the end and my question is could someone please dum down how too what i should do too flush I have some flawless finish I've read not too really use it's a waste but I'm gonna use it and I'm gonna flush I have two plants I'm gonna flush one and not the other too stop anyone telling me not too or too so please no one tell why I should or shouldn't I'm with everyone on this debate I'm lost so I'm gonna do my own experiment thank you all in advance happy growing ppl
I don't flush either, but, if you're going to do it...you flush with 3 times the amount of your pot...if you have a 5 gallon pot, you're going to flush with 15 gallons, but do it slowly, you can't just pour it in there...

As said, all you're going to do is stress the plant you flush, but hey, good luck to you :passitleft:

I don't flush either, but, if you're going to do it...you flush with 3 times the amount of your pot...if you have a 5 gallon pot, you're going to flush with 15 gallons, but do it slowly, you can't just pour it in there...

As said, all you're going to do is stress the plant you flush, but hey, good luck to you :passitleft:
And then what lol just water over next week or so t
When dry till ready too harvest?

And then what lol just water over next week or so t
When dry till ready too harvest?
Yes, just water after that, that's what the flush is supposed to be for, to take all the built up nutrients out of the soil...

Myself, I just give them water for the last 3 to 4 weeks, depending on strain, so the plant sucks all the nutrients and goodness it has stored for that reason :morenutes::morenutes:
Some strains suck 'em dry...

Some strains don't...

I really get this I truly do but my god so many of my mates telling shit they don't no I'm doin this as an experiment so too speak flushing one and not flushing one and giving both a 4-6 week cure and handing them a bud of each and seeing what is said once and for all this is why I'm asking someone too dum it down because I'm with the not flushing but ppl can be frustrating and just want too prove a point what is the worst that will happen I'll lose a little yield mayb so be it for this...same as racing we all believe we the best karting the only way too.prove it lmao

Flushing soil is a waste of water. Its not doing anything that you think its doing and its actually doing harm to the environment because the only possible nutrient you can flush out of soil will be nitrates and only a specific type and only if you soil is crap.

Just water excess to runout leave the water in the catch tray. When the plant stops taking up the runout then start thinking hard about harvesting.

I call that watering proper.

1 plant does not an experiment make. That outcome will be pure anecdotal "evidence" at best. But fire away at it.... try and look at it as watering a proper amount which down the stretch they drink a lot of water a lot more than the rest of the grow cycle.

To set the tone I’m as newbie as they get, and I’ve read InTheSheds articles on No Flush Club, but this is common sense.... Think of all the shit we pour on our roots whether you bubble buds in net pots or do soilless bottle fed, to supersoils with guano. The plant takes up what the plant takes up, and no amount of washing the dirt or giving a jacuzzi bath to the roots can change that.

Yes you can wash nutes out of your soil, coco, rock wool or hydroton - but no you can’t wash nutes out of your buds. I’ve got time, $$$ and energy invested in building my soil, I’m going to avoid flushing it at all cost. Maybe if I spilled a bottle of nutes on it.

There is a case for flushing in weed growing to possibly clear a soil problem. But from a farming perspective - how do you flush 600 acres of corn? or a mountain orchard? You can’t.... flushing does not exist in farming, organic farming or modern large scale agriculture, I would dare say flushing came about with the rise of aquaponics & hydroponics, but idk.

Back
Top Bottom