Forestwalker Tat's Outdoor THC Bomb - 2012

Forestwalker

If you read my only two threads you may find out that I have had many issues with my previous grows which were from random seeds. Well since then I grew a pair and got some better ones. The plant this journal will be following is called THC bomb. This is a late journal the plant has been started and has been growing for almost two months (2 months by the end of May). I was surprised at how quickly it has grown compared to the previous random, likely lesser, seeds. I am a noob when it comes to this so I will be keeping up with this journal in hopes of learning from some Jedi masters. :3

K time for the run down I suppose.

Strain: THC Bomb
Type: Indica/Sativa (Im not sure the percentages)
Soil: Natural Soil - The soil I am using is found. I walk around the forest here and look for the most black, moist, nutritious soil I can find. This soil was found under a dense canopy on the side of a mountain.
Bucket: 5 gallon
Pests: I do get some pests, you may be able to see in the pictures that some fan leaves have been munched on. I'm not greatly worried about this just yet. I use an outdoor safe-on-plants insecticide called Spectracide. It's not the best but it works.
Watering: Every other day usually. We do get frequent rains so many time I can skip a day or two. If the top of the soil feels dry I'll water it.
Food: Again I don't use the best over the counter food, Speedy Green Plant Food 5-10-5: Nitrogen (5%)-1.7% Ammoniacal Nitrogen, 2.4% Nitrate Nitrogen, .9% Urea Nitrogen; Phosphate 10%; Potash 5%; Calcium 8%; Magnesium 1.31%. On the other hand I make my own nutrient/food which I base in water. I use Cicadas, a bit of wood char, and some rain water. I grind the bug and char together and mix in the water. The generic plant food is given once a week because it's some sort of rock that dissolves and the thing I make for it is given when I feel it is necessary. (I have had much success on other plants with that simple mixture but its not a one shot food.[the cicada is what does the trick])
pH: the pH is not pin point because I don't have any testers. I can say though that it is slightly acidic :p
Number of Plant(s): 1
Lights: The Sun
Temperature: 79-85 current outdoor temp

OK I think that is everything. If you need more info... well I know you'll ask if you want to :D
DSC05019.JPG

DSC05018.JPG

DSC050172.JPG

:welcome: forestwalker, looks like your soil walk and search agrees with your plants. looks like something is munching on your leaves though. anyways best of luckkkk............:thumb:

I would say so, the soil here is amazing. To be fair though this plant survived a vicious hailstorm not too long ago which is why it looks so lopsided, as for the munchers I do spray it with that insecticide but when I can, I promote spiders to web the branches. Doing that I've kept many bugs off but keeping the spiders on the plant is an issue all its own. Oh and that tan stuff on the top of the soil is the plant food, it dissolves after a while, not sure if that is good or bad but I suppose it likes it.

I would suggest a organic nutrient or brewing a microbe tea, your plants will love it......... hey if spiders keep your plant bug free i say whatever works...lol

Oh hey before I forget to ask this... This is my best plant at the moment and by best I mean strongest. I would like to try to clone this plant. Should I? If so, when should I? It only has a few branches, like 3-4 nice ones. I would like it to have many branches and I always see in other folks pics a plant shorter then this one with much more branches, I'd like to know how to make that happen for future plants. Or is short and bushy a Ruderalis only sort of thing?

... ... ... ... ... (time elapsed because I went outside and collected some more Earthworms) K So what I did was collected some Earthworms picked up some bark, and layed the worms Worms on the soil and put pieces of the bark, which I tore apart, on top of the soil lightly for the worms to hang out and burrow, they dont like the Sun at all they will dry up and die so I needed the bark to keep them alive. Plus the bark will act as a sponge for moisture, the plant should like this.

just look up microbe tea, there are tons of diff recipes!. It does wonders for most everyone who uses it, got my kit off amazon or some of our sponsors on here....

The Update for this Journal is in 3 days and I gotta say it's already looking more nicey nice, I'll give the run down of what happened over the week, Tuesday. :3 I can't wait for this to be all ready for da shmokedee-shmoke.

Week 2 update is finally here :3! I'm very happy with the new growth on this plant. Allow me to spin ye a yarn, a yarn made of hemp.

Ok so you see from previous posts that it was suggested to me to try a microbial tea, I did google the recipes for such a tea and I came to the conclusion that compost juice is what I am after. Such a juice would help the plant greatly. Well i know how to get a compost going and I know it can take a while to make the proper juice I would need for my wee beauty. So I decided to compost in the plants bucket directly. As you can see in the new pictures I do have a bit of lettuce that I put on the top yesterday but here is what I did in total as far as composting goes.
1: The New Earthworms, fresh and alive I said this in a previous post but it was still the first step I took. Worm casting (poop :3) is the biggest ingredient in those, highly successful, microbial teas.
2: The bark, for moisture and a safe haven for the worms to chill under.
3: a layer of freshly cut grass clippings
4: a layer of very dry brown leaves
5: a small amount of that black soil of which I forage for.
6: I added a bit of veggies that were scrapes after some sandviches, mostly lettuce, small amounts of tomato scrapes; they are clean and uncooked.
7: I grabbed my mortar and pastel and ground some egg shells into a course "Eggmeal" for calcium

That is all I did as far as nutrient goes and of course it goes without saying that I have kept the fair amount of water flow going and also warmth for the plant and especially for the compost. The compost did fill the bucket to the brim but as you can see in the pics the soil level has sank about an inch this is both sedimentation and decay which is exactly what it needs to do so I am happy with the success. Something else I did that it really seemed to have liked was I have trimmed off all of the bottom fan leaves from the base stem leaving only the branches. The branches really enjoyed the new uninhibited sun light. Which is obvious in the growth me thinx. i will trim more of the fan leaves when the top branching gets to be about 4 inches from the base.

I know this way isn't the usual way but I think it is working well. As always I love getting pointers, I want this thing to be a tree mighty and strong, towering over the Midgaardian landscape as Yggdrasil does ever so elegantly.

DSC05062.JPG

DSC050611.JPG

DSC050581.JPG

DSC05059.JPG

DSC05057.JPG

The lighter pictures are flash pictures I wanted to post some without flash this time to help show the true colour. How is it looking Like I said I am happy with the boom in growth it has had in just one week.

Here is something interesting that I think I am going to be able to keep updated as well. If you read above you'll see that I try to keep spiders on my plant to web and catch bugs. Well I have had other bugs beside spiders helping out too but none so dedicated as this wee baby Mantis. The day before yesterday I found this little guy on my shoulder and loved him, I've always admired Mantis'. So I put that little guy on the top of my plant right on the new forming top. To my surprise he was there yesterday chillin on that top cola and again this morning my guardian still sits waiting for tasty little corruptions to eat. I tried to take a pic of him but he is blurry in the picture because my camera is not that great, I'll post it if he continues to stay on. He also needs a name ...hmmmm.... I'll think about this too.

HA! The Time is nigh! GJ#3 week 4 since the start.I didn't update this last week because well I was being lazy ): I took the pics for last weeks journal and then I just didn't get around to it. SO its been 2weeks since the last; what has my plantae Duntadae(done-ta-day)? Well it has grown, my friends, it is actually taller then I. So let us discuss what has been going on in my plants world.

In the two weeks I haven't posted an update the plant was fed honey for a decent sugar boost but also I have been keeping up with the composting that I am doing on top of the soil. I didn't want to use all of my delicious honey entirely on the plant so to remedy the future depletion of stock I started composting my fruit scraps. Apple Cores mostly its been two weeks and I have an apple, at least one, everyday so I figured they would be a sufficient sugar source for the plant. I cut the cores up; made a layer and mixed the layer. My worms are doing fine too, I was actually able to see them while I was working with the compost layer, there were two little ones so I think it is safe to say that the worm translocation was successful.

The look of the plant is still skimpy in my opinion it's simply not as bushy as I was hoping and for a while there I was thinking that it may not produce anywhere near the amount of bud that it supposedly could. However, my plant is making up for it's lack of bush in its tallness. The stick, which you can see in the pics, has not moved since I put it there to hold the plant straight. Since it has reached the top of the stick I've used it as a marker for its height. The branches are becoming nice, the bottom ones are forming nice little popcorns and all of them of course have pretty tops.

Unfortunately we have had many rainy/cloudy days so it hasn't been getting a fair amount of direct sunlight but that is alright. It still has til the end of July to veg and the first of August I'll start the flowering stage. Well time for pics I suppose, they are not real good pics but hopefully it's enough to see the growth well...

Something I did that I am not happy about I took two clones of this plant from the bottom branches and they failed horribly. I think I cut them too close to the end of the branch... but I don't know. You might be able to see the cuts in the pics. ;_;

This picture was the attempt to get it all in the shot, I used to flash to highlight it.
DSC050841.JPG

This is a blurry picture of the top, if you look at the bottom of the pic you can see the stick used for height and support.
DSC050861.JPG

This is the blurry bottom section from the top of the stick down.
DSC050872.JPG

:D! I didn't realize this until I posted it but that second and third pic tie in perfectly together. Looking at both of them at once allows you to look at the whole plant in a sort of panorama with the obvious exception that it is a broken pic...but still cool.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom