Fox farm soil

That organic water sounds good. Is that something you make

There should’ve been a comma after organic, so it read: organic, water only grow. Which means that I didn’t add any nutrients to my water and I didn’t add any nutrients during the grow. My soil has everything a cannabis plant needs cooked (amended and left to compost/decompose for 45-90 days) into it so I only need to use water during the grow.

I do use living water from time to time depending on the grow. Living water is just RO water (0 - 5 ppms) with things like dolomite lime and various meals aerated in my water to replicate the sort of water cannabis receives in the wild.

legend has it, if I say water one more time the cannabis gods will shine their light on me 🤣

There should’ve been a comma after organic, so it read: organic, water only grow. Which means that I didn’t add any nutrients to my water and I didn’t add any nutrients during the grow. My soil has everything a cannabis plant needs cooked (amended and left to compost/decompose for 45-90 days) into it so I only need to use water during the grow.

I do use living water from time to time depending on the grow. Living water is just RO water (0 - 5 ppms) with things like dolomite lime and various meals aerated in my water to replicate the sort of water cannabis receives in the wild.

legend has it, if I say water one more time the cannabis gods will shine their light on me 🤣
There’s a company called living soils that you guys might be interested in. But they aren’t a sponsor. CL🍀 Edit: maybe callled build a soil.

I use Happy Frog for seedlings and some seeds never come up even though they have all popped before planting. Think this could be a ph issue too?
Highly unlikely. The pH of the soil would have to be really far off towards extremely acidic or extreme alkaline levels for it to have an effect on already sprouted seeds. Check and see if something causes the tap root to break while putting the seed in or if the soil gets a bit too dry between watering sessions. Or, it could be a couple of bad seeds and no matter what you do they will not finish the sprouting process.

Also, to check the ph, can I check run-off with my TDS meter or would I need a soil Meter?
The thing is that checking the run-off can tell the pH of the run-off itself and not the soil. Run the check and then wait 15-30 minutes and water again and check. What if it is a different number? So double check by watering and checking yet again and getting a different number. Pretty soon it is chasing numbers and getting no where. Same thing can happen with a soil meter and getting a different number when testing different spots in the same pot of soil mix.

I use Happy Frog for seedlings and some seeds never come up even though they have all popped before planting. Think this could be a ph issue too? Also, to check the ph, can I check run-off with my TDS meter or would I need a soil Meter? Thanks SeaOfGreen1. A tds meter doesn't really do any help for soil on run off if you think its to much of a good thing 10% flush ph water to7.0 when flushing start there citric acid for ph down 👎

IMG20231219123212.jpg

IMG20231219123153.jpg

There’s a company called living soils that you guys might be interested in. But they aren’t a sponsor. CL🍀 Edit: maybe callled build a soil.

It’s a smart idea. There’s a lot of people that would like to grow how I do but don’t want to, or don’t have the time/ability to put in the effort. It took a lot of reading and a lot of trial and error to get to a place where I’m comfortable and confident with what I’m doing. Especially because a lot of what you learn is completely counter to everything you’ve been taught about plants and plant growth. So I can definitely see a market for it.

Personally, making my own soil is where I get to have my fun at. When you grow in these soils there’s not much to do. You water, and that’s it. No measuring, no wondering, you don’t even need to top dress. So it gets kind of boring to me, I have my fun when I mix 🤣

Is this mold or spider mites or what do you think this is? This is on my Bruce Banner and I just found this. Any idea?

IMG_20231219_135718.jpg

IMG_20231219_135934.jpg

IMG_20231219_135934~2.jpg

Is this mold or spider mites or what do you think this is? This is on my Bruce Banner and I just found this. Any idea?

IMG_20231219_135718.jpg

IMG_20231219_135934.jpg

IMG_20231219_135934~2.jpg

Try to take a clearer picture if you can please. It blurs right where we’re looking. If it’s an iPhone tap the spot you want to focus on then take the pic.

It’s a smart idea. There’s a lot of people that would like to grow how I do but don’t want to, or don’t have the time/ability to put in the effort. It took a lot of reading and a lot of trial and error to get to a place where I’m comfortable and confident with what I’m doing. Especially because a lot of what you learn is completely counter to everything you’ve been taught about plants and plant growth. So I can definitely see a market for it.

Personally, making my own soil is where I get to have my fun at. When you grow in these soils there’s not much to do. You water, and that’s it. No measuring, no wondering, you don’t even need to top dress. So it gets kind of boring to me, I have my fun when I mix 🤣
Try to take a clearer picture if you can please. It blurs right where we’re looking. If it’s an iPhone tap the spot you want to focus on then take the pic.
OK, just a minute. Thanks.

I use Happy Frog for seedlings and some seeds never come up even though they have all popped before planting. Think this could be a ph issue too? Also, to check the ph, can I check run-off with my TDS meter or would I need a soil Meter? Thanks SeaOfGreen18

Thats for sure brother!! ✌️ No fertilizer just fungi, and bacteria and a little water sit back and watch the grass grow!

IMG20231219123212.jpg

IMG20231219123153.jpg

Is this better?

IMG_20231219_142548.jpg

IMG_20231219_142538.jpg

IMG_20231219_142534.jpg
What ever it was, it's gone now with all the handling I did with it to get a better picture. It was a very small sample and I couldn't find any more, anywhere on the plant. It looked fibery like spider mites web but, like I said, it's gone so I can't take any more pics.

What ever it was, it's gone now with all the handling I did with it to get a better picture. It was a very small sample and I couldn't find any more, anywhere on the plant. It looked fibery like spider mites web but, like I said, it's gone so I can't take any more pics.

It’s a tough call.. it could’ve just been dust collecting in that spot, sticking to the trichomes. Typically spider mite webbing doesn’t just come off. It’s fairly sticky and usually comes off in clumps that are similar in texture to a cotton ball only when you’ve physically removed it with purpose.

PM usually has to be rubbed off. It typically appears on the tips and middles of your leaves and looks like close to perfect little circles. It may have been pollen from a herm as well, although I doubt this because it looked closer to white instead of the yellowish off white appearance of pollen

It’s a tough call.. it could’ve just been dust collecting in that spot, sticking to the trichomes. Typically spider mite webbing doesn’t just come off. It’s fairly sticky and usually comes off in clumps that are similar in texture to a cotton ball only when you’ve physically removed it with purpose.

PM usually has to be rubbed off. It typically appears on the tips and middles of your leaves and looks like close to perfect little circles. It may have been pollen from a herm as well, although I doubt this because it looked closer to white instead of the yellowish off white appearance of pollen
I have never seen powdery mildew but I am going to check into it. I grow in tents, in a small 10 x 10 room with a/c kept at 70f and a dehumidifier kept at 55% rh, so it's usually around 75f and 45% rh in the flowering tents at all times. But I have spotted mold on some big bud I was growing last grow. I washed everything with Clorox, soap and warm water after. Mold is what I am afraid of. edit: by washed everything, I mean the equipment lol.

Howdy don't mean to interrupt but youll know powdery mildew when you see it it spreads fast and usually starts in the places where theres lack of air flow keep a clean house on pruning to maintain air flow through the plants I prune 1/3 from the bottom up and run a fan low over the top of the substrate where it builds moisture from watering away from my meter then the moisture gets trapped in the canopy it actuality get into the plant especially if the plant gets infected with it and you don't see it and start pruning leaves then find it !! Its BAD SHIT and the plant that gets it ,it'll usually stay with the plant so really once you've got it the plant is infected all you can so is keep under control until harvest or pull the plant so it don't spread ✌️

Howdy don't mean to interrupt but youll know powdery mildew when you see it it spreads fast and usually starts in the places where theres lack of air flow keep a clean house on pruning to maintain air flow through the plants I prune 1/3 from the bottom up and run a fan low over the top of the substrate where it builds moisture from watering away from my meter then the moisture gets trapped in the canopy it actuality get into the plant especially if the plant gets infected with it and you don't see it and start pruning leaves then find it !! Its BAD SHIT and the plant that gets it ,it'll usually stay with the plant so really once you've got it the plant is infected all you can so is keep under control until harvest or pull the plant so it don't spread ✌️
Not interrupting at all SeaOfGreen18, thanks for the reply. I also lollipop and run a fan on top and one below canopy, and in this case, a 2x4x6ft, tent with 4" inline fan with filter. I do live in a humid part of the world, but I also run a dehumidifier and a/c. Those are the precautions I take yet last grow I still got a tiny bit of mold on some big bud. Powdered mildew sounds really bad.

Boltoritis better know as bud rod is different than PM that starts in the soil and pops spores then floats around where as PM is like that to floats in the air from other infected plants they both can overwinter and whatever you do DON'T bring or cut clones from outside plants. What's outside stays outside, I speak from experience!

Boltoritis better know as bud rod is different than PM that starts in the soil and pops spores then floats around where as PM is like that to floats in the air from other infected plants they both can overwinter and whatever you do DON'T bring or cut clones from outside plants. What's outside stays outside, I speak from experi

Not interrupting at all SeaOfGreen18, thanks for the reply. I also lollipop and run a fan on top and one below canopy, and in this case, a 2x4x6ft, tent with 4" inline fan with filter. I do live in a humid part of the world, but I also run a dehumidifier and a/c. Those are the precautions I take yet last grow I still got a tiny bit of mold on some big bud. Powdered mildew sounds really bad.
Healthy plants and a proactive approach is Best when keeping PM AWAY!

Back
Top Bottom