Fox farm soil

i'd like to try the fox farm soil but which one is good for growing?
been useing fox farm nutes also.

they are all fairly popular. ocean forest and happy frog are the two most used.

i'm not a big fan of either as they are nuted and i prefer a neutral media. they're fine to use though, you just need to get used to the hand off to bottle nutes.

i'm not a big fan of either as they are nuted and i prefer a neutral media.
What is added is not that much different than the way a Coot's orSubCool soil is done.

Adding any or all of what Fox Farms puts into its soil mixes is not the same as the chemical nutrients that some of the companies like Miracle Grow add. Though, what the two companies do is not add enough to last more than about 4 weeks when the soil is used for any plant that demands what a Marijuana plant does if it is to grow large and have a decent sized harvest.

Some of what Fox Farm puts into Ocean Forest include fish emulsion, crab meal, shrimp meal, earthworm castings, sandy loam, perlite, bat guano, granite dust, Norwegian kelp, and oyster shell.

Been using FFOF for years, never had any issues. I use it bcause I have a very cheap source for it ($22 a 3 cu ft. bag). I do add about 15% perlite to it, and a handful of DE. I have also used the FF trio of nutes quite successfully, though i've ben experimenting with other nutes lately.

I just ran an organic water only grow with amended FFOF and I use it as a base for all of my soil mixes. It’s good quality for a good price and dependable. As others have stated you’ll want a source of nutrition to take you past the beginning OR you need to run one plant per 1.5 cu ft in a 10-15 gallon container.

Howdy well if you're going to buy soil the ones @bluter mentioned works fine for a little while anyways ✌️ i recommend doing a quick ph check on it before planting some of those ive had In the past were well into 5.0 ph range NOT GOOD certain microbes don't like that ph!
I use Happy Frog for seedlings and some seeds never come up even though they have all popped before planting. Think this could be a ph issue too? Also, to check the ph, can I check run-off with my TDS meter or would I need a soil Meter? Thanks SeaOfGreen18

Howdy well if you're going to buy soil the ones @bluter mentioned works fine for a little while anyways ✌️ i recommend doing a quick ph check on it before planting some of those ive had In the past were well into 5.0 ph range NOT GOOD certain microbes don't like that ph!
how did you fix the low ph?

how did you fix the low ph?
To fix low ph in soil or soil-less mix, all you do is raise the pH in your water or nutrient solution. Don't go crazy, maybe work it up over time. 6.5 should be good to raise it safely. Or, you can flush your plant with the correct pH water or nutrient solution if they are big enough. You will need a TDS meter. What you want is around 6.1-6.3, that's where I like it. But anywhere below 6.5 and above 5.8 doesn't;'t need anything done. This is what I have done and by no means an expert; I just like chiming in. lol. Good luck.

I have used it forever. Half half ocean forest and happy frog. For seedlings. And ocean for adult plants. Or littles will burn up. Also can use straight happy frog in veg then ocean in flowering. Works well. But add Cal mag twice during veg and flower. FYI.

I was told Happy Frog was very good for seedlings and that's why I switched from planting them straight into my soil-less mix. That wasn't working at all. But since somebody mentioned it could have low ph, I started to wonder. I over-think too much. lol. Of course it can't have a 5 pH. huh?

I just ran an organic water only grow with amended FFOF and I use it as a base for all of my soil mixes. It’s good quality for a good price and dependable. As others have stated you’ll want a source of nutrition to take you past the beginning OR you need to run one plant per 1.5 cu ft in a 10-15 gallon container.
I used to use ffof but I had to buy it online because I am 50 miles from the closet grow store. Not so affordable on Amazon. I will probably try it again after seeing some of you guys buds. It takes me quite a while to catch on to growing but I can tell what quality buds look like and there are a lot of them here at 420mag. That organic water sounds good. Is that something you make?

I was told Happy Frog was very good for seedlings and that's why I switched from planting them straight into my soil-less mix. That wasn't working at all. But since somebody mentioned it could have low ph, I started to wonder. I over-think too much. lol. Of course it can't have a 5 pH. huh?
Remember water to soil. Got factor that aswell I put my water 5.8 to 6.3

Been using FFOF for years, never had any issues. I use it bcause I have a very cheap source for it ($22 a 3 cu ft. bag). I do add about 15% perlite to it, and a handful of DE. I have also used the FF trio of nutes quite successfully, though i've ben experimenting with other nutes lately.
I’ve been using it too and never had any problems. CL🍀

I use Happy Frog for seedlings and some seeds never come up even though they have all popped before planting. Think this could be a ph issue too? Also, to check the ph, can I check run-off with my TDS meter or would I need a soil Meter? Thanks SeaOfGreen18
I use jiffy pucks for seedlings and never have issues with them growing. CL🍀

I use jiffy pucks for seedlings and never have issues with them growing. CL🍀
Jiffy pucks? I never thought of that. I have some of those somewhere. I used them for clones for awhile. I will try that, thanks CaptainLucky.

Back
Top Bottom