Fox Tails? 8.5 Weeks Flower And New White Pistols Sprouting Everywhere

bigboerboel

I'm 8.5 weeks in flower (GDP Indica). The pistols were 80% red and all trichs cloudy, with amber on the sugar leaves. Now every bud on the plant is shooting out new white pistols. Not just on the top of the bud, but all over. Is this normal?

We just had a week of 100 degree-plus temps and 80% humidity. Would that do it? Is this the beginning of fox tailing?

20220913_071415.jpg

20220913_145256.jpg

20220913_145309.jpg

20220913_145329.jpg

20220913_145416.jpg

20220913_145714.jpg

Idk if it is common in cannabis, but I often see a burst in new growth near the end with my tomatoes and peppers when weather gets crazy and then suddenly feels nice again. I sort of assume cannabis is at least similar. I grow my cannabis inside and it doesn't get the crazy weather shifts.

Looking good mate :circle-of-love: some strains will keep pushing out white pistils no matter what. I can see the start of foxtails, they are a sign of stress probably the heat, but it's not a bad thing, you'll just need a bit more concentration when harvesting :cheesygrinsmiley: which by the looks of her isn't that far away. Keep up the great work :green_heart:

Sometimes strains keep pumping out white pistils even though the rest of them is done. I believe @Emilya Green had an Amnesia (?) do this so maybe she can help?

Sometimes strains keep pumping out white pistils even though the rest of them is done. I believe @Emilya Green had an Amnesia (?) do this so maybe she can help?

Some varieties look like they are foxtailing as they build up bud girth in the last two weeks, but this is simply the process that the plant uses to expand that bud. Technically it could be called foxtailing, but without the light airy buds that we usually associate with that condition when foxtailing is a problem. Sativas especially will do this as the buds finish out, sending out chunks of bud this direction and that, but each little addition to the bud with these additional growths that can only be described as foxtails is still hard and solid and trichome filled. These are good foxtails, and indicate that your bud is still trying to finish out. White trichomes can usually still be seen while this is happening, but with patience they will all usually pull back and change color. Be patient and let this process continue.

So there is a good and a bad foxtail. The bad foxtails usually occur with branches leaning against the tent walls or off on the sides and corners where the light isn't very strong. These light wispy buds will dry down to nothing, will not be anything close to hard and tight, and they will have very little trichome content.

Sorry, forgot :hookah:

This is a photo correct? When did u start you count down? I'm on day 65 or 66 from flip not from flower I have some purple kush doing the same . 8 week cultivar however I didn't start clocking my weeks when I saw first bud sites after transition. By 12/12 standards I'm in week 10. But I cannot recall when flower actually started. I also know I did some noobish things at flip I forgot. Both will play a role on hurting my yields too. Defoliating and lollipop 1 week prior to flip. Oops fell behind on that one. And this one I do quite often I'd not to continue veg nutes thru transition. If flawless grow other then those 2 your yields will still not be at full potential

I have found that some strains will foxtail when given too much nitrogen during bloom. The Purple Haze I grew 3 years ago no longer fox tailed her buds when I reduced the nitrogen in her diet (during bloom). This was after side-by-side grows, year after year, until I finally figured it out.

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom