FreddyFox420's First Outdoor Grow Journal 2020

FreddyFox420

Hello! I am growing marijuana for the second time. This year I have 6 plants, 6 different strains, all currently in the germination to seedling stage. 6 because of California law, otherwise I would grow more, hehe. Just started germinating and potting seedlings this last week. And they are all feminized seeds, if that makes any difference i dunno. I need to charge my camera to take pictures, but thought I would start this journal so I can get some good tips and advice. Plus I wanted to show off my progress and cool plants eventually! lol These are the strains I have (listed below), not sure if they are good or not. :/ Bought them online from single seed center a couple of months ago... Not sure if one of them is Super Lemon Haze or Tangerine Dream because when they sent me the package of seeds those two were labeled weird and they didn't send me one of the seeds.

1. Grand Daddy Purple - 100% Indica
2. 24k Gold - 60% Indica 40% Sativa
3. Afghan Kush - 25% Sativa 75% Indica
4. Auto Blue Diesel - Indica dominant (unknown percentages)
5. Super Lemon Haze - 20% indica 80% sativa
6. Girl Scout Cookies - 80% Indica 20% Sativa

All in seedling stage so far. Will be transferring from small starter pots to 1 gallon pots, then making soil for them and putting them in 20 gal pots outdoors. I hope to use some sort of cage or bamboo sticks to stabilize the plant as it grows. Still debating if I should use fox farms and happy frog soil, or make my own soil. Last year I grew one plant in a 10 gallon pot, but it had caterpillars all over it and I only got approx. 2.5 oz. So this year I will be using some type of pesticide, i guess, to get rid of them. Not sure what to do with pest problems yet either. Not sure what ferts are... Also I water only once so far, when I put germinated seeds into pots full of potting soil mix. Hoping to yield 500 grams per plant, so 3000 grams total. That is my goal.

Would appreciate any feedback! I'm glad I found this website. Thanks for the welcomes again and good luck this season everyone! :D

Here are the seedlings that I am growing. I have 4 girl scout cookies, so I'm giving three of those away. But I'm keeping the other 6 listed above in my journal. They are all sprouting! Also have 2 unknown seeds which I am giving away to friends. Enjoy!

Attachments

• DSC_0008.JPG
    DSC_0008.JPG
    794.3 KB · Views: 154
  • DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    691 KB · Views: 144
Hey everyone. Just posting an update. My auto blue diesel seems to be falling to the side. The rest of the plants seem to be okay so far. It's stem is too long and can't support itself. Probably needs more light. So, I invested in some indoor growing lights. I'm going to move the operation to the garage as soon as they come in. And try to save them from lack of light. Does anyone know if its better to transfer them right away to 20 gal pots once they are big enough, or is it okay to just use 1 gallon first? Thanks for the help! Oh, and today was day 15 by the way...

Attachments

• DSC_0010.JPG
    DSC_0010.JPG
    719.4 KB · Views: 140
Do not put into big pots right away. You need to work up in increments. Defiantly not getting enough light. Don’t you have a fluorescent somewhere you could use?

Okay thanks, I will do that. I got fluorescent lights in the garage, but I don't know if that will work... They are just normal garage lights, lol. I ordered 50leds 2000W Full Spectrum LED grow light. Should be here soon. I guess they need 18 hours of sunlight per day. It's been raining and cloudy, so I don't think they are growing healthy, :(.

They will be fine. You can bury the stem a bit when you re pot it. Until your grow lights come, drop them under the fluorescent in your garage. Get the bulb as close as you can to the top of the plants. well give it a little room to grow. Keep that light on at least 20 hours.

You can veg under that light until you move them outside. Just be careful transition outside, they need to adjust to the suns intensity

hey 2crispy, I have a few questions. how much is a bit when I bury stem. I heard that the stem will start growing roots under the dirt, is this true? lights are unfortunately coming from China and might take a while. Meanwhile I have been using my desk lamp which has helped the seedlings grow sturdier i noticed. I have one auto flowering seed. What is the difference between auto and regular feminized seeds? Also, you said to repot in increments. I was just gonna go from 1 gallon straight to 20 gallon, because that's all I have right now. Also, do I need perlite with fox farms ocean forest soil? I was planning just to use those two, because I am low on funds. Was forced to quit my job because I had pneumonia. :( Day 21 since I started germinating btw. Here are some pics. Let me know how I'm doing please. Thanks for the support and feedback!

Attachments

• DSC_0004[1].JPG
    DSC_0004[1].JPG
    694.4 KB · Views: 131
  • DSC_0003[1].JPG
    DSC_0003[1].JPG
    747.2 KB · Views: 127
hey 2crispy, I have a few questions. how much is a bit when I bury stem. I heard that the stem will start growing roots under the dirt, is this true? lights are unfortunately coming from China and might take a while. Meanwhile I have been using my desk lamp which has helped the seedlings grow sturdier i noticed. I have one auto flowering seed. What is the difference between auto and regular feminized seeds? Also, you said to repot in increments. I was just gonna go from 1 gallon straight to 20 gallon, because that's all I have right now. Also, do I need perlite with fox farms ocean forest soil? I was planning just to use those two, because I am low on funds. Was forced to quit my job because I had pneumonia. :( Day 21 since I started germinating btw. Here are some pics. Let me know how I'm doing please. Thanks for the support and feedback!
Hiya freddy,
Hope your lights arrive soon, those plants are wanting some good light.
If not to windy,might be good to introduce them to the nice cali outside sun a little bit, not to much a first if it's really hot outside.

Day 23. The one on the left in 2nd pic and blurry 3rd pic has smaller thinner leaves. Wondering what's going on with this one. Lights still haven't come so I am still using lamp. Seems to be helping still, but stems are still too long. Waiting for stimulus check so I can buy some fox farm ocean forest soil and re-pot in 1 gal. pots. Am I doing okay? :( sorry i'm a big n00b.

Attachments

• DSC_0005[1].JPG
    DSC_0005[1].JPG
    844.5 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC_0006[1].JPG
    DSC_0006[1].JPG
    708.8 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC_0007[1].JPG
    DSC_0007[1].JPG
    672.5 KB · Views: 128
It could also be the wrong spectrum fluorescent. 6400k and 6500k bulbs are usually pretty good for seedling because they emit the most blue light which these plants like for seedling/veg stages. If it’s too warm of a bulb (red end of spectrum) the plants will stretch. You can use a combination of both blue spectrum and red spectrum bulbs which I heard works really well too. At least until those LEDs come

If it was me..and I lived in California ..I'm assuming it's fairly hot there now..I'd be putting them outdoors in there forever summer home..but that's just me

Me personally..and maybe it's only me but when my plants are that big I put them outside..where I live we have frost and a short grow season so I put them outdoors as soon as possible..right from the solo cups right in the forever summer home..I use the 55 gallon plastic barrels cut in half..if you dont have your soil yet that's another story.

Got my soil..and here's a pic from last year..I put mine outside last year the 1st of May

Attachments

• 20200409_112049.jpg
    20200409_112049.jpg
    573.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 20190927_151105.jpg
    20190927_151105.jpg
    982.3 KB · Views: 137
Hey everyone, just an update. Day 27 now. I got my soil, 6 bags of 1.5 cu ft fox farms ocean forest soil, 4 bags of 2 cu ft happy frog, and 2 bags of 2 cu ft perlite. Mixed at 4:battingeyelashes:1 Lights are still not here :(. I dug the stems in the soil. Auto blue diesel stem is dented in one part but I dug it in the soil hopefully it grows into roots and gets stronger. The only sativa I have, which is either super lemon haze or tangerine dream, has stopped growing kinda. The rest of the plants seem to be doing well. Just moved them to 1 gallon pots, my sister helped me mix the soils and stuff yesterday. Check out the new pics. I would like to put them outside but its been windy lately. Also bought a shovel, 2 gallon spray bottle, and insecticide. I meant to grab the neem seed oil but I accidentally bought some other shit called thermacide or something. Is this bad? Should I return it or use it? Was gonna use half dosage, dilute a bit. Had problems with caterpillars last year. Anyways, hope you're all staying safe during this quarantine. Take care! :yummy:

Attachments

• DSC_0012[1].JPG
    DSC_0012[1].JPG
    1 MB · Views: 142
  • DSC_0013[1].JPG
    DSC_0013[1].JPG
    798.6 KB · Views: 142
Day 33...lights are in. So far so good... Super Lemon Haze has stopped growing as a seedling. Not sure what is going on there. Two on the left are girl scout cookies. Middle back is Auto blue diesel. Middle front is 24k gold, right front is afghan kush, and right back is grand daddy purple. :/

Attachments

• DSC_0016[1].JPG
    DSC_0016[1].JPG
    717.1 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC_0017[1].JPG
    DSC_0017[1].JPG
    1 MB · Views: 149
Back
Top Bottom