Freidog's Multi Strains In Coco 20/21

freidog

Hello Community!

It's been a few years since I've documented my last grow here, and it's also been a while since I've grown with my setup.

Here's the data around this grow:

Seeds/Strains:
  • Sensi Seeds NL#5 x Haze
  • Sensi Seeds Silver Haze #9
  • dinafem Strawberry Amnesia
  • Royal Queen Seeds Royal Critical
It might be worthy of noting that all my seeds are between 3 and 6 years old, so I am hoping to see how well they perform.

Growing in Coco Pro Plus from Canna
Feeding using the Canna Coco range of products

It is being grown in a spare bathroom/shower under 250W LED Lights which I have successfully used on numerous grows in the past years.

Looking for feedback to what I'm doing from the community, and thanks for your help and support!

Day 0 - Germination (1 Nov 2020)

Catching up on a few posts. I germinated the seeds in paper towels between plates. So far so good.
IMG_165AD88A70E4-1.jpeg

IMG_4126C6598CC1-1.jpeg

Day 2 - Jiffy planting 2 seeds (3 Nov 2020)

So the Strawberry Amnesia and Royal Critical germinated nice and quickly in two days and I planted both of them in Jiffys. The NL5 and Silver Haze are still taking their time and show no signs of germinating yet.

IMG_39A3EE240E94-1.jpeg

Hi there, I’ll come along for the ride if you dont mind! Those strains sound great! It’s always cool to see older beans pop. Should be quite the garden once it gets rocking. Looking forward to the grow! Are you using a single LED light? If so is that wattage from the wall? Happy growing!

Day 5 - Planting other 2 seeds and seedlings coming along (6 Nov 2020)
As you can see, the Strawberry and Critical are coming along nicely after three days in the Jiffy.

I also planted the NL5 and Silver Haze, but only the Haze had germinated! The NL5 seed looked DOA, but I planted it anyways...who knows whether some miracle will still happen. It's worth noting that the Sensi seeds (the NL5 and the Haze) are about 6 years old.

As you can see from the pics, the seedlings are taking their place under 18 hours of light on the side of the main grow area in their "greenhouse".

I'm feeding the seedlings lightly using the Canna Coco scheme at 50% strength for the seedling stage. Once they've gotten their footing I intend to switch to the full scheme.

Feedings are pHd to 5.9. I use 50% RO water and 50% tap water which has a combined EC of 345. Feedings are at a total EC of 550 right now. Not testing run-off with the Jiffies.

Anything else I should be sharing about the grow so far?
IMG_C552224A34E3-1.jpeg

IMG_689BD90E83F6-1.jpeg

IMG_FB3411B060EF-1.jpeg

IMG_3ABB2305820E-1.jpeg

Hi there, I’ll come along for the ride if you dont mind! Those strains sound great! It’s always cool to see older beans pop. Should be quite the garden once it gets rocking. Looking forward to the grow! Are you using a single LED light? If so is that wattage from the wall? Happy growing!
Welcome along for the ride! Yeah, I'm looking to see how rusty I am in my growing talents so bear with me!

The LED is from a German company called GBK and has a 245W total power draw. Attached a few pics.

IMG_2990DC35F039-1.jpeg

IMG_1B23B0C3A239-1.jpeg

Yeah, this is a perfect space. It’s a spare bath with shower in the basement, so I have the enclosed shower cabinet with the drain right inside to house the ladies. It measures 3x3ft (90x90cm). I also have the rest of the bath for storage, mixing feed and re-potting at the sink. It also has a small below-ground window for air which I completely control with a fan. There’s also an air scrubber which constantly pumps air outside, so there is a slight under-pressure in the bath so none of the smell escapes into the house. It is an ideal space!

Like I mentioned before, the space was in use a few years ago and I half-heartedly started a grow of autos in October which have turned out OK and not so far. With this grow I want to be more consistent in the care again, so here we go.

In this space (9 square feet) I have grown 4 ladies simultaneously and got 60 and 100g per plant. That works out to about 300g per grow, which works out to roughly 330g per square meter, which I think is not bad.

Day 7 - Two seedlings coming along, one struggling? (8 Nov 2020)

So, the Strawberry and the Critical are growing nicely and have their first main leaves out. The Haze #9 is sprouting, but not so quickly, and the NL5 is not doing anything! I think the NL5 seed might just have been too old.

They've continued to get 50% pHd feed when they need it (I've been weighing the Jiffies so I can tell how much water is still in them).

Any comments or tips from anyone?

IMG_D36E3D46A107-1.jpeg
IMG_3C3735DE43D2-1.jpeg

Day 11 - Houston we have a problem! (12 Nov 2020)

OK people, I seem to be experiencing the same issues I had with my last seedlings with these young ladies (problem with previous seedlings described here: Stunted and Abnormal Growth).

NL #5 x Haze: Nothing happening with seed. Seems DOA.
Silver Haze #9: Growth has stopped shortly after sprouting. I would guess dead (see pic below and from last post).
Strawberry Amnesia: Sprouting well, but has some irregular growth.
Royal Critical: Sprouting OK, but definitely has problems!

The leaves of the very young seedlings are growing in a stunted and strange way. With me using different seeds, coco instead of soil and very methodically ensuring they don't get over-watered, I'm convinced there has to be some sort of sickness floating around. From the pictures it looks like it might be some form of fungus or mould?

In any case, I've decided to move the new seedlings out of the grow room for a week or so and treat them with a hydrogen peroxide solution to see if that brings anything.

Always very happy to hear thoughts and tips from other members!

20201117_114356285_iOS.png

20201117_114415253_iOS.png

20201117_114437166_iOS.png

20201117_114457787_iOS.png

20201117_114530226_iOS.png

Day 14 - Treatment working on the seedlings? (15 Nov 2020)

Hello community! So, after three days outside the grow room and spraying all the seedlings with a 1:16 solution of 3% hydrogen peroxide (works out to about 0.2% strength), I get the impression that the seedlings are growing better again. And low and behold, I could not believe my eyes: after two whole weeks of sitting in the Jiffy, the NL#5 x Haze has decided to sprout! If it's going to be strong enough, we'll have to wait and see.

NL #5 x Haze: Has sprouted after 2 weeks, but still questionable as to the viability of the seed.
Silver Haze #9: Growth has stopped shortly after sprouting. I'm assuming the seedling is now dead.
Strawberry Amnesia: Growing better and getting new growth in the centre tip.
Royal Critical: Growth resumed and new growth emerging.

Today I also re-potted the Strawberry and the Critical into the first (1 litre) pot.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with these ladies in the next few days!

As always, any comments or help from the community is highly appreciated!

IMG_0053.jpg
IMG_0054.jpg
IMG_0055.jpg
IMG_0056.jpg
IMG_0057.jpg
IMG_0058.jpg
IMG_0059.jpg
IMG_0060.jpg
IMG_0061.jpg
IMG_0062.jpg

Day 17 - And then it was three... (18 Nov 2020)

So the news is almost completely good with a not unexpected loss...

The Strawberry and Critical are both coming along beautifully. Whatever they were struggling with has diminished since I moved them out and/or treated them with the hydrogen peroxide solution. I don't really have an ideal place to keep them in a warmer temperature and have 18 hours or light on them, so I may try moving them back in a few days. Before that, I plan on cleaning and disinfecting the grow room.

The other good news is that the NL#5xHaze is actually sprouting!!! Incredible! And it's actually growing rapidly in the last two days. First real level are visible and the sprout looks healthy so far! It was in the soil germinating for 2 weeks!

Finally, the Silver Haze #9 has been pitched out. It hasn't moved after the first sprout in over 10 days and was clearly dead or in the final phases of dying.

IMG_0069.JPG

IMG_0070.JPG

IMG_0071.JPG

Day 24 - New Lights (25 Nov 2020)

First of all, I have to apologise for not posting any updates to this grow log for so long! My bad! I'm catching up again and hope that I can be up to date shortly. The good news is things are looking great! But in the meantime, here the catch-up:

My new lamp arrived today! After reading so many good reviews about it and seeing a reasonable price for the lights, I decided I wanted them. So yesterday my new Mars Hydro TSW 2000 arrived! Because I'm catching up on my posts, I can tell you this light is awesome! Really happy I bought it!

BTW: The plants you see in the pics are from my last grow and not from this one. On 25 November, the new plants were still isolated in another room.

grow20-21-0078.jpg

grow20-21-0080.jpg

Day 34 - Growing nicely and re-potting (5 Dec 2020)

Unfortunately I didn't take any new pics in the last 10 days, but the three plants are coming along very nicely! At the moment, they are still segregated in another room getting 18 hours of LED light to veg.

Today I repotted the Strawberry Amnesia and the Royal Critical. I have decided to mainline all three ladies when they're ready.

Until then, here are some pics of the plants on Dec 5th.

Both the SA and RC:
grow20-21-0111.jpg

Strawberry Amnesia:
grow20-21-0112.jpg

grow20-21-0119.jpg

grow20-21-0121.jpg

And Royal Critical:
grow20-21-0113.jpg

grow20-21-0122.jpg

grow20-21-0124.jpg

grow20-21-0113.jpg

Day 39 - Trimming and Mainlining (10 Dec 2020)

Today was the first step of mainlining both the SA and the RC. This is the first time that I'm doing this, and I truly have to say that doing wasn't very difficult, but the feeling of chopping down a good portion of what you've grown so nicely wasn't easy!

On both I waited long enough that they had both recovered from their sickness well and were growing rapidly. Both plants were sprouting node 8 when I mainlined them in the first step. I topped both of them just above node 4 (I read to do it at node 3 but because of the sickness I wanted to wait longer and have stronger branches).

So here are some pics after mailing them today (note that the RC was very thirsty and had it's leaves hanging):
grow20-21-0149.jpg

grow20-21-0150.jpg

grow20-21-0152.jpg

grow20-21-0155.jpg

grow20-21-0156.jpg

grow20-21-0158.jpg

And here a quick pic of the NL5 X-Haze:
grow20-21-0154.jpg

Day 24 - New Lights (25 Nov 2020)

First of all, I have to apologise for not posting any updates to this grow log for so long! My bad! I'm catching up again and hope that I can be up to date shortly. The good news is things are looking great! But in the meantime, here the catch-up:

My new lamp arrived today! After reading so many good reviews about it and seeing a reasonable price for the lights, I decided I wanted them. So yesterday my new Mars Hydro TSW 2000 arrived! Because I'm catching up on my posts, I can tell you this light is awesome! Really happy I bought it!

BTW: The plants you see in the pics are from my last grow and not from this one. On 25 November, the new plants were still isolated in another room.

grow20-21-0078.jpg

grow20-21-0080.jpg
Everything looks great! I have the TSL 2000 and it seems legit. Smart way to suspend those pots in the shower btw. I wonder why your seeds struggled in the grow room?

Back
Top Bottom