Full spectrum or just bloom

cmay

I just recently switched my plants from veg to bloom. Im running a marshydro reflector 96 and can use either bloom or veg or both. Should i just be using BLOOM now or a combo of bloom and veg as I seen some people do this. What are the pro's and con's of this.

Funny you said that Bc I was wondering why the fans weren't on. So you run yours with both bloom
and veg on? Is that the only benefit to running them together? This is something I'm going to have to figure out. Also if I'm keeping that screen on them. I think being this is my first grow I'm learning what I have patients for and Dont. I know next time to top my plants much sooner and to top one or two after that. I'm going for SOG next time with all Indica strains to try that out.

More light = more better. Run them all.

I was thinking that but I read so much on how certain bands of light are for exact periods during your grow. I just don't understand how you have a full spectrum light that you never turn to bloom. I guess in that case the plant only buds based on the light cycle. Is that correct in thinking that. I have another Mars hydro 150 true watt blom/veg sitting around doing nada. Too bad I can't use it in this set up.

I'm sure certain frequencies of light are of more use to the plant at certain times, but w/o the sun helping out, more is better at all times as long as you can control the rest of the environment. Honestly, I think most of "data" about LEDs with switches and programmable bands is just marketing hype. But then, I'm a cynical old bastard.

What I can say for certain is, my outdoor grows blow away any of my indoor grows, for one reason only: the sun. The rest of my outdoor growing environment is often crap compared to growing inside. I get temperatures from 40 to 100+, high and low humidity, heavy rain and/or hail, high wind. Yet, with the same soil and nutrients, the outdoor plants grow faster, bigger, with more yield and more potency. Why? More light. Give 'em all you can.

Thank you Pita and btw i love your name its awsome lol......So I'd love to have you help me with my grow. Its my very first one and im a newbie and could use all the help i can get....

Thank you Pita and btw i love your name its awsome lol......So I'd love to have you help me with my grow. Its my very first one and im a newbie and could use all the help i can get....

I'm happy to try and help.
I did take a quick peek at your journal, but I have not done hydro. I'd probably be of little use. I didn't read all of it but jumped from the first to last page. The final picture looks like you could have mite damage. It could be something else - or just the photo. Has it come up in your journal? My first grow was a hydro-style grow in rockwool. It was a disaster and turned me into a dirt farmer. Rifleman would be another great resource for your style of grow.

:goodluck:

Hey Pita i think what your talking about with the leaves is from over spray. I over misted them with nute filled water to close to when the light came on and ever since then i had that issue with the leaves. Could it have been the nute filled water or the light coming on and burning the leaves do to it being wet?

Back
Top Bottom