GanjaPreneur420's 1st Grow

Dec 21: Well F***..... we had a major wind storm where I am and was without power for 27hrs... Therefor my plants have been without light for a very long time. Of course this had to happen my first week into flowering lol ahhh good times. Anywho, below are some pics of the ladies. Also I added a full shot while the power was out from the flash on my phone.

By the way, the stretch after flip is no joke!! For anyone wondering when they want to flip.

Group Shot(power out)
IMG_0200.JPG

Eww after I uploaded this I noticed how blurry it is.. oh well haha

Group Shot
IMG_0204.JPG

GG#4
IMG_0205.JPG

Cookies(1)
IMG_0206.JPG

Cookies(2)
IMG_0207.JPG

Cookies(3)
IMG_0208.JPG

Another round of defoliation will be coming either tomorrow or Sunday.

Dec 23: Did a big defoliation on all the plants. We are now approaching week 2 of flower and will be adding the recommended nutrients and water top up tomorrow. For now I have a few shots of the massacre that took place today.

Remnants
IMG_0210.JPG

Group Shot
IMG_0211.JPG

As you can see they are a little upset....

GG#4
IMG_0212.JPG

Cookies(1)
IMG_0213.JPG

Cookies(2)
IMG_0214.JPG

Cookies(3)
IMG_0215.JPG

Bonus shot of the GG#4 :drool:
IMG_0216.JPG

Thats all for now, any comments or recommendations are greatly appreciated as always. :passitleft:

Looking good ganja. That dark period shouldn’t hurt you as long as your back on schedule!
Thanks Dutch, yea it doesn't appear to be hurting from the darkness. I would say just getting the humidity down was a bit challenging as they are very bushy plants. But, I think i am getting closer to where I want it to be:thumb:

I like your setup Ganja, it's very clean looking. It seems like your off to a great start. I just finished up my first week of flowering for my very first grow as well. Keep it up!

Wow, these girls are looking good.... healthy green and stretching like a dream...

I'm just curious as to a few things though with this octopot system. My roots are about to touch the water and start drinking.... I'm wondering how the resvoir and nutes work... do you change water after a certain period? Or just top it up with a certain amount of nutes?

What are the type of lvls you have to keep the water height at? Does the wick pot have to consistently remain wet Nd immersed or can it drain passt the wick.?? Sorry if these are questions you can't really answer. I understand the system is closed.. Those float meters only seem to gauge about an Inch between min and max.

Anyway any of on how the BASIC use of the system works will be great I suppose lol.

P.s hope you had merry chrimbo

Wow, these girls are looking good.... healthy green and stretching like a dream...

I'm just curious as to a few things though with this octopot system. My roots are about to touch the water and start drinking.... I'm wondering how the resvoir and nutes work... do you change water after a certain period? Or just top it up with a certain amount of nutes?

What are the type of lvls you have to keep the water height at? Does the wick pot have to consistently remain wet Nd immersed or can it drain passt the wick.?? Sorry if these are questions you can't really answer. I understand the system is closed.. Those float meters only seem to gauge about an Inch between min and max.

Anyway any of on how the BASIC use of the system works will be great I suppose lol.

No problem at all, I can try to help as best I can :)

I never change the water, the reservoir is a 6 gallon system. Therefor the bobber has 3 levels marked on it and each level is 2 gallons. As far as feedings go, I do not really know what the best way to do it would be in these types of systems but basically I started with a full 6 gallons(day 1 of starting to use nutrients) and I added the recommended amount from the nutrient supplier at 50%. Not only because I didn't want to feed them too much right off the bat, but also because it is a closed system.

I wait until the level gets to the 2 gallon mark then I add 4 gallons of water and the nutrients (based of the suppliers recommended does at 4 gallons) at -50% to top up to 6 gallons.

I cant really see what the wick tray would look like but I would imagine it would be almost fully submerged until the water level starts to drop.
Hopefully this helps, :passitleft:

I should clarify, I never change the water however, I will do a flush for the last week and put clean water with no nutrients.

Dec 27 - Thought I would do an update, all plants seem to be going good. They are growing like mad!! It is crazy how bushy they continue to get.. I would of liked to of only done 3 defoliations but the rate this is going I might end up doing more. I will probably do its 3rd on Sunday. I also added another fan.

Group Shot
IMG_0234.JPG

GG#4
IMG_0230.JPG

Cookies(1)
IMG_0231.JPG

Cookies(2)
IMG_0232.JPG

Cookies(3)
IMG_0233.JPG

And a nice little bonus shot of Cookies(1)
IMG_0235.JPG

Thats all for now,:Namaste:

Dec 31 - End of week 3 Flower update time. The girls are drinking big time. I had to do my feeding and water top up yesterday as they were all at the 2 gallon mark. Topped all up to the required 6 gallon mark with the addition of the appropriate nutrients for the difference (4 gallons). As for the nutrients I added in each reservoir - 30ml of Grow, Micro, Bloom, B52, Big BUD, and Voodoo juice all were reduced by 50%.

I also did my final(I hope) defoliation in the flower stage. The photos below show how they have rebounded only 1 day after. These plants are crazy they look as though I didn't take anything off... I guess that is a good thing though as they dont appear to be that stressed out.

Group Shot
IMG_0236.JPG

GG#4
IMG_0237.JPG

Cookies(1)
IMG_0238.JPG

Cookies(2)
IMG_0239.JPG

Cookies(3) - Runt
IMG_0240.JPG

As you can see it is getting increasingly difficult to capture pictures of the individual plants as they are growing in very nicely(from what I can tell). I am no expert by any-means as it is only my first grow. If anyone sees an areas for improvement or recommendations please let me know.
Until next time, Happy new years all!:ganjamon:

Looking nice in there buddy.. it's all green..

My only suggestion would be to pull them apart from the pots abit... to give them more apace from each other. The octopots are touch and it's becoming on big bush... I personally would be bring them closer to the walls and bring that scrogg net down tighter.. a bit of gentle lst to make a flatter canopy a few inch lower and start training your coverage... yano stretching that top open and wider let the light right through.

That's what I would be doing but as we know I can't get this far lmao

Happy New year @GanjaPreneur420

Looking great over here ganja! Those roots exploding out the bottom are a site to behold haha! Well done pal and keep it up!
Cheers! Yea it is pretty crazy to see. I never really look as I dont want excess light on them for too long but still.. Hard not to catchy a sneaky peak every once in a while.:rolleyes:

Dec 31 - End of week 3 Flower update time. The girls are drinking big time. I had to do my feeding and water top up yesterday as they were all at the 2 gallon mark. Topped all up to the required 6 gallon mark with the addition of the appropriate nutrients for the difference (4 gallons). As for the nutrients I added in each reservoir - 30ml of Grow, Micro, Bloom, B52, Big BUD, and Voodoo juice all were reduced by 50%.

I also did my final(I hope) defoliation in the flower stage. The photos below show how they have rebounded only 1 day after. These plants are crazy they look as though I didn't take anything off... I guess that is a good thing though as they dont appear to be that stressed out.

Group Shot
IMG_0236.JPG

GG#4
IMG_0237.JPG

Cookies(1)
IMG_0238.JPG

Cookies(2)
IMG_0239.JPG

Cookies(3) - Runt
IMG_0240.JPG

As you can see it is getting increasingly difficult to capture pictures of the individual plants as they are growing in very nicely(from what I can tell). I am no expert by any-means as it is only my first grow. If anyone sees an areas for improvement or recommendations please let me know.
Until next time, Happy new years all!:ganjamon:
My Bad all, this was actually the end of week 2 flower not 3... oops:eek:

Jan 04 - Decided to do a mid-late week update prior to the weekly one on Monday. I had to add some water as these babies are going through water like mad. I added about 2 gallons to each reservoir to bring them up to 4. I am hoping that come the weekly feeding on Monday they will be back down to 2 gallons. They appear to be drinking around 1 gallon a day.

Sunday will be day 21 in flower, therefor I will be doing a major last defoliation of almost all the fan leaves to focus the remaining time on bud development.

Group Shot
IMG_0244.JPG

Stay tuned for the weekly update on Sun/Mon! :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom