Germinating seeds: aquarium or tent?

onizuka88

hi guys!
im on my second grow

ive just planted my germed seeds in their pot,
ive setup an aquarium for them
or i should use my 4x4 tent

im using the aquarium right now figured it would be easier to get higher rh im wrong?

Ok. Spraying with a spray bottle will leave water droplets on your plants and will act as a magnifying glass, burning your plants.

you can foliar feed your plants, but it’s different from spraying your plants with water.

well i use it to mist the soil but ill be careful not to put water on the plant thx

The seed will have a high humidity by virtue of being a few cm under soil...humidity is only part of the equation...co2 is also a factor in seed sprouting...

alright i might have confused seedling and clones rh needs
i know the co2 is probably not a the perfect level :(

CO2 should be very high and oxygen should be low for seed germination. lol just put in 1/4 inch of soil or in a wet paper towel in a baggie.

Cant say much about clones mine always die lol :straightface:

Ok. Spraying with a spray bottle will leave water droplets on your plants and will act as a magnifying glass, burning your plants.

you can foliar feed your plants, but it’s different from spraying your plants with water.

i've yet to actually see this irl. i've heard about the magnyfying glass thing but even the plants i'm soaking in colloidal silver 3 or 4 times a day with light 12" above haven't had a single burn yet.

i've yet to actually see this irl. i've heard about the magnyfying glass thing but even the plants i'm soaking in colloidal silver 3 or 4 times a day with light 12" above haven't had a single burn yet.

Maybe it's similar to the stuff you always hear about outdoor gardening and when to water. Don't water during the middle of the day because of evaporation and it can burn the plants. Don't water in the evening because if it's wet overnight it can get mold. Etc.

Last time I checked, rain wasn't on a specific watering schedule at 6am.

It kind of makes sense, but I also have not seen negative results from it either.

Outdoor watering wont matter much, but indoor (more specifically the medium used) it can matter a lot.

Outdoors it usually rains in the evenings when the temp lowers to the dew point. Professionals will usually tell you to water your lawn/garden in the early morning hours right before the sun comes up (gives it time to soak into the soil before it gets warm out so it wont evaporate). You can tell the professionally managed lawns because the sprinklers go off at 3am.
Dont get me wrong, you can water whenever and if you plant needs it do it anytime....but if you water at high noon dont expect that to be all for the day.

Try to replicate its natural environment and youll be fine.

I can’t seem to find a photo of it. It’s happened to my plants before. Under a T5... if I find it I will let you know.

Yea man, It definitely happens. What are you using to spray with? Because foliar sprayer is different then a spray bottle. Much finer of a spray.

I can’t seem to find a photo of it. It’s happened to my plants before. Under a T5... if I find it I will let you know.

Yea man, It definitely happens. What are you using to spray with? Because foliar sprayer is different then a spray bottle. Much finer of a spray.
yeah it's a very fine mist. and i guess i'm not exactly leaving droplets, it's pretty much a coating. it's funny that is what brought me to 420 to begin with. i thought i had burned my leaves but wasn't sure. turned out to be the classic calmag deficiency lol.

yeah it's a very fine mist. and i guess i'm not exactly leaving droplets, it's pretty much a coating. it's funny that is what brought me to 420 to begin with. i thought i had burned my leaves but wasn't sure. turned out to be the classic calmag deficiency lol.

yeah man! That’s exactly what you want! Foliar feeding is a great way to reverse deficiency’s!!

lol you came to the right place! Nothing but a big family! :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom