Germination help please!

cbgb

hey 420 peeps . hope you are all having a good day ...... after so mant=y grows i am having a lot of trouble with germ. something thath was never really an issue ............. do seeds get harder to crack open as they age in a cool ,dry and dark place. i have had a few issues with seed caps . i use the sponge method. i figured i would use a little more water on the sponge not soaked but a little more than damp. today is day 3 on the sponge and the seed cap is starting to lift off but my root tip is maybe an 1/16th of an inch. i dont think the root tip is not long enough ...... ???? thoughts from a pro ? i recently lost 3 seeds to germ problems and would like to stop the bleeding..........thanks for any input , advice or thoughts .......:thumb::thanks::Namaste:

thx jacob. what is your ratio ? i cup of pw to two drops of hyd per. do you leave them in there till caps are off and cotyledon leaves are exposed?? then move to soil ?? i will try that next time but my current issue is " i have had a few issues with seed caps . i use the sponge method. i figured i would use a little more water on the sponge not soaked but a little more than damp. today is day 3 on the sponge and the seed cap is starting to lift off but my root tip is maybe an 1/16th of an inch. i dont think the root tip is not long enough ...... to move to soil":Namaste:

Seeds do get harder with age one method that works very well is to put a piece of sandpaper inside a mason jar in a circle put your seeds in the middle and shake it it will rough off the outside making the shell thinner it will easily soak up water at that point because it is exposed to the air and fresh you asked for an expert point of view I'm not an expert but I have worked for the dispensaries for the last 7 years in New Mexico

Just pour like 2 cap fulls of hydrogen peroxide on the bottom of a small cup and pour a little bit of bottled water and mix and you can put as much seeds as you want. And it will work better than the sponge. Also you can put the seeds in the soil when ever you want as long as their is at least a tap root evenentually it will come out the soil and the seed should come off by it self once it sprouts.

do you leave them in there till caps are off and cotyledon leaves are exposed?

NO!

You're really just ensuring the seedcase opens, so you don't run the risk of allowing it to dry back out (after you plant it) before doing so. Some people like to see a relatively lengthy rootlet; IDK why, the clock starts ticking when the seedcase opens and it doesn't get reset until the thing is a seedling able to process light energy.

Back
Top Bottom