Germination of seeds

Bobmoura

How you can anybody tell me when the 15 to 18 hours start is it when I first put it in the glass of water how do I start the time when they go to the bottom of the cup

Sent from my SM-G930V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I just put seeds in a cup with water high enough to cover half the seed. Cover the container and put it somewhere where it's dark and kinda warm. When the taproot starts to emerge, put the seed in a medium.(I use soil) The seed should sprout out of the medium a couple days later. Not to complex. Good luck

Sent from my Nexus 5X using 420 Magazine Mobile App

How you can anybody tell me when the 15 to 18 hours start is it when I first put it in the glass of water how do I start the time when they go to the bottom of the cup

I'm a newbie myself but I just put them in room temp water for 15 hours. After 10 hours, I tapped the seeds floating and they all sunk, so 5 hours later, I dumped the seeds into a paper towel. 1 day later I had tap roots so I dropped them into my pots. 2 days later, they both emerged.

Don't overthink it buddy. It's super simple. Just be delicate.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

The process is just like soaking a bean. All your trying to do is soften the shell of the seed. No science to it, just put in a glass of room temperature water (that's your start time). If they haven't sunk in 4-5 hours try to push them down with your finger. If they still don't go try again in a few hours. Anywhere from 15-24 hrs is fine.

The key is to check them at least a hundred times cuz you'll be just pumped starting your grow...lol. Good luck to ya.

Ive germed thousands of seeds and never use this method.

I always use the paper towel method with 99% success rate.

Get some kitchen towel and pour boiling water over it, be careful not to burn your hands. Wring it out so it is just damp. Then place on a plate and put seeds on. Do the same with another piece of paper towel and place on top. Put a plate on top and puy in a plastic bag, this will stop the towels ffrom drying out completely.

Place it in a warm dark place and do not go near it for at least 48 hours. I normally just leave it 72hours.

After that time carefully remove paper towel and you should have some tap roots a good inch long, perfect for transplant. I always use my fingers to transplant without any problems at all. Just make sure your handsa are clean or wear gloves.

Sent from my SM-G925F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ive germed thousands of seeds and never use this method.

I always use the paper towel method with 99% success rate.

Get some kitchen towel and pour boiling water over it, be careful not to burn your hands. Wring it out so it is just damp. Then place on a plate and put seeds on. Do the same with another piece of paper towel and place on top. Put a plate on top and put in a plastic bag, this will stop the towels from drying out completely.

A small tupperware container with a lid works as well. Use a clean container, two layers of paper towel with the seeds in the middle, and a little bit of purified water from the grocery store.

Temp is important, I put mine on top of a router in my closet for warmth. I've never had any issues with this method.

I know some who just germinate in drenched soil with great success rates...but that proof of life outside the pot gives me comfort...I gotta' go with cultivator...our methodology might differ slightly(just tepid water from the tap)...butt..paper towel for me...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Now I'm seeing the leaves bent down what's happening. Help.
420-magazine-mobile1324008543.jpg
420-magazine-mobile444236534.jpg

Check my Strawberry Kush journal. I get them to pop in 24-48 hrs. This seed from Mr. Bergman at 420 sprouted in 12
0f1a0d03aebbcc4fcbfcb435c4b8bb3b.jpg

7 Day of 12 12 cycle question is am I able to trim leaves when they're in this phase secondly does anybody see anything going wrong with this grow?
420-magazine-mobile108066401.jpg

Don't trim. Leaves are your plants lungs. When they start to bud some of the older foliage may dry up and fall off on their own. Millions of years of plant evolution means those plant will know what to do.

Don't trim. Leaves are your plants lungs. When they start to bud some of the older foliage may dry up and fall off on their own. Millions of years of plant evolution means those plant will know what to do.

Thank you for the info. It's my 1st time growing

Back
Top Bottom