Germination

jeffmika

how do you manage to keep your seeds wet in the paper towel over night. I even woke up at 3 to water them. I also work 12 hr shifts any tricks or suggestions mine dried out 2 times the survived the first I'm not sure about the second. here are some pics they look a bit withered on the end. and help would be great thx.
20170220_123953.jpg
20170220_123932.jpg

Congratz ya just spouted ya seeds :thumb:

Well more paper towels will help keeping the moisture over a longer period but hey you gone past that now sorry to hear about waking up at 3 am to add a lil H2O...

It is about high times to get em in a small pot with what you have chosen for a growing medium, if you are preferring soil/compost get a bag stated/mentioned for seedling stage of growth ya don't need a big bag tho !

Seedling compost has less nutrients in but enough to keep em good for awhile before potting up into final pot size with main potting mix soil/compost a few weeks later under ideal growing conditions !

You may not require to add liquid feeds for some time whilst in veg providing your soil/compost is has some level of nutrients already in it... but a little more practical to do so in the later stages of veg growth.

Ye that was soil/compost stuff you might surprise me & say i wanna go coco coir tho but that will change stuff...

The main thing is ya beans have sprouted & time to move to the next phase :cheer:

Awesome thx for your help hopefully they are still growable after drying out. I will plant them today this is what I have at home from my peppers. this should work right?
20170220_134151.jpg

shoot i forgot i wanted to ask you to about lighting for when I plant them If i understand right they get 24hr light till they break the surface then switch to the 18 on 6 off. if that correct?

I'm only on my first grow but I used the paper towel method too. Next time put them in a sealable Tupperware container, the smaller the better. That's what I did and over the course of a week I only had to rewet the towel once. As for light, I didn't have a timer when I started mine in medium but I gave them roughly 18 hours/day and they did just fine.

Zip lock bag is fine. I soak mine in warm water for 24hr and then just plant. Warm and wet are the key - I remember struggling with dwarf cantaloupe seeds a while ago (which are actually hard to sprout) and just bumping the temp helped so much.

Go luck with your grow!!

Back
Top Bottom