Germination?

Jhuck

I ordered 5 autoflower and 5 feminized , does it REALLY matter how i germinate them? Because I was leaning toward using the hydro germination system I already have. Anybody know what is the most surefire method? Cause all this wet them but not too wet is giving me anxiety already!
Screenshot_20210627-162916.png

Screenshot_20210627-162856.png

I dropped them in water and then paper towel and an open zip lock to keep the towel damp. Then when they sprouted I put them in the jiffy pucks. Back then it was cold so I did heat mat and dome but now I would just put them in the dome. They will pop great for you. The only issue I had was one pack must have been crushed or something

I never have good luck with the Paper Towel Method. Maybe 50% success at best. I do way better planting directly in soil 1/4" deep. About 99% success. I wet my soil till I get run off. Plant my seed 1/4" deep & cover lightly with the soil.
I don't water again till the seed has it's head above ground. Usually only takes 3-4 days at the most.
It's a matter of finding which way works best for you. Got any friends who smoke Reggie ? Ask them for their seeds to practice different methods with.

I never have good luck with the Paper Towel Method. Maybe 50% success at best. I do way better planting directly in soil 1/4" deep. About 99% success. I wet my soil till I get run off. Plant my seed 1/4" deep & cover lightly with the soil.
I don't water again till the seed has it's head above ground. Usually only takes 3-4 days at the most.
It's a matter of finding which way works best for you. Got any friends who smoke Reggie ? Ask them for their seeds to practice different methods with.
Thank you, what size pot do you start them out in? Or a solo cup?

Thank you, what size pot do you start them out in? Or a solo cup?
I use to use Solo Cups. But recently started using 1 gal. pots to start my seeds. Usually my seedlings stay in their 1st pots or cups about 3-4 weeks depending on size. I found I get a way nicer root ball in the same amount of time starting them in 1 gal. pots.
12-108.JPG
12-109.JPG

That's only 4 weeks starting in a 1 gal. pot.

I use to use Solo Cups. But recently started using 1 gal. pots to start my seeds. Usually my seedlings stay in their 1st pots or cups about 3-4 weeks depending on size. I found I get a way nicer root ball in the same amount of time starting them in 1 gal. pots.
12-108.JPG
12-109.JPG

That's only 4 weeks starting in a 1 gal. pot.
Thank you so much, a 1 gallon sub irrigation pot it is, exactly when do you start adding nutes to photoperiods?

Honestly most people kind of fall into their own ways. Im still new but I would just add the one I have had success w. I drop it in hydrogen peroxide for an hour or 2 and then paper towel method. So far I've had 2/3 germ but the one that didnt I think was a bad seed.
Never heard of a Peroxide Soak before. I'm going to look into this further. I would think I'd of come across it in 4 years of growing.... but, Maybe Not. Interesting never the less.

Thank you so much, a 1 gallon sub irrigation pot it is, exactly when do you start adding nutes to photoperiods?
Most people start feeding at about 1/4 strength of what your nutes say on the package. Usually after it has 2 sets of leaves. Just small amounts at 1st & build up little by little. Feed 1/4 strength a few times. Then 1/2 strength a few times.
After that you just watch the leaf color to increase nute strength. They start getting light green or yellow.... add more nutes.

Never heard of a Peroxide Soak before. I'm going to look into this further. I would think I'd of come across it in 4 years of growing.... but, Maybe Not. Interesting never the less.
Tbh I cant remember where I saw it but somebody said it was good for sterilizing the outside for germs and whatnot and something about oxygen idk but I tried it since I had a few seeds to spare. The first i tried was the cup of water and that didnt work out but i think the seed was bad because it was darker than the rest of my seeds.

Back
Top Bottom