Ghetto Growing South African Style

StewyandShan

Started off growing with the goal of doing it as cheep as possible indoors while trying to achieve high yields.

Spare bedroom 4x4 meters with awesome closet
Originally it was 8 x bag seed and one 400w HPS, since then Iv managed to score 16 bubblegum's and another 400w HPS for free.
2x400w HPS (another 2 600w comming)
8x Bag seed/ 16x Bubblegum ( another 40+ bubblegum comming)
Indica Dominate
Flowering only, I get my plants pre vegged.
8x Bag seed uses Rockwool, Clay rocks and perlite inside 1 gallon pots
16x bubblegum's are in some sort of soil mix with perlite

Im hand watering the 8 bag seed 2x3 times a day & the soil every 2-3 days with Flowering A&B (unsure brand), 13/14, liquid rock, shooting powder.

I just go by feel with ph and nutrients

The 8 bag seed are about 2 weeks off harvest (roughly 40 days in)
The bubblegum are on there 1st day of flowering

So far the cost of this grow has been minimal as iv been scoring almost everything for free.

Here is the Original 8 Bag seed under a single 400w HPS, 12 days into flowering
IMG_01904.jpg

IMG_01807.jpg

IMG_01944.jpg

IMG_01898.jpg

Here is some current pics of the ghettoness with 2 400w HPS's 40 days into flowering the bagseed 1st day flower for the bubblegum
Mylar Padded ;) (scored for free)
IMG_026112.jpg

IMG_02569.jpg

IMG_02516.jpg

IMG_02468.jpg

Carbon filter pumps outside (scored for free)
IMG_02436.jpg

Closer pics of the bubblegum
IMG_02476.jpg

Trying to get closer to the light
IMG_025310.jpg

Bad pic of the buds
IMG_02488.jpg

IMG_02528.jpg

Once I turn the lights off I will go take some bud shots, Sorry about the picture quality, taken the pics from an iPhone.

Honestly the only thing iv paid for in this entire grow so far is my share of an electricity bill and some duct tape, everything else the lights the pots the plants the mylar the ballasts the chemicals I managed to acquire all for free!

Well you could either bomb them which I might suggest because you are budding now and spraying them down could possibly give you bud rot, bombing them might be the better option. Is it widespread yet?

SG

Well you could either bomb them which I might suggest because you are budding now and spraying them down could possibly give you bud rot, bombing them might be the better option. Is it widespread yet?

SG

Its wide spread across the original 8, I had noticed it for a few weeks but I could never find the insects so I put it down to the plants being retarded lol. The new bubblegum's are not effected yet

When you say bomb them do you mean some sort of insect spray ? Because I was just gonna douse the room with some other then that I wouldn't have a clue to get rid of them. Do i have to spray the actual leaves or can i just mist it around?

Cheers anyway SG, Iv just gone around spraying the undersides of the effected plants with some insect spray, I will continue to do this for the rest of the week and see how I go with the mite problem.

Ill grab a better camera some time this week. My girl had a good camera but I sat on it and broke it hahaha. Everything's going good apart from the mite problem. Will try and get another 600 or 2 sometime this week from a friend. ( I dont like buying stuff haha)

Hey heres some updates of our garden will get a better camera before we crop this weekend :)

Here is what im smoking on tonight Small but dank buds
IMG_03256.jpg

nutrients
IMG_03224.jpg

under 1 of the lights 3 bag seed and the bubblegums
IMG_03216.jpg

cola
IMG_03204.jpg

frosty u cant see 2 good with iphone camera
IMG_03184.jpg

IMG_03164.jpg

lil bubblegum in flower mode 5 days in they are showing there pistolas they look like pussys everywere
IMG_03144.jpg

tops everywere at least half oz tops
IMG_03096.jpg

IMG_03037.jpg

IMG_02968.jpg

IMG_02934.jpg

IMG_02915.jpg

IMG_029010.jpg

IMG_02895.jpg

very resiny
IMG_02885.jpg

IMG_028611.jpg

5 rdy 2 crop
IMG_02858.jpg

IMG_028312.jpg

IMG_02809.jpg

there thick as coke cans
IMG_027911.jpg

IMG_027711.jpg

Iv got around 100 bubblegum seeds on top of everything, giving a bunch of them ago today. Sunk a few of em, will towel and put in soil. Prob 70% of seeds will germinate I think. Got a couple that sunk in paper.

There looking good tho given the mite problem.

Im going to be setting up a Deep Water Culture system for my bedroom. It will be inside a stealth chest of draws that my TV will get to sit on. Should be able to do 4/6 in the container I have, could even keep some mothers in there as well.

That build wont be ghetto at all tho even tho I will prob score most of the stuff for free haha. If you can help me any SG with the Deep Water Culture that would be rad :D.

So far for the chest of draws build I have the following and a guide of what I think I have to do in paint.

outsideofthecab.jpg

Insideofthecab.jpg

Paid4 free/allready had
-Nice container 15G, (its shallow and long, deep enough to fit the 2200L/h water pump)
-1xWater pump 2200L/h with tubbing and splits at the top to 6
-2x Dual out let Air pumps with airline tubbing
-1x Single out let Air pump
-4x 30cm Air stones
-1x 15cm Air stone
-4x Reflective Mylar tape rolls
- Huge roll of mylar padding

Lighting
-1x 400w hps, ballast & Hood (Flowering)

For Vegging I donno, I could Buy a MH and ballast or go cfl and swap them for some extra side lighting later?

So I Need like CFL Lights and net pots, rockwool, that clay rock shit and thats it?

If you are looking for bigger plants, only do 3 imo because they need room to spread, or cut 4 spread out holes with a good amount of even space in between, I found out that 3/6 cover the other 3 and hog all the light, if I ever went back to the tub I would only do 3 maybe 4. Just my thoughts. Also get a good air pump (2 outlet) with 2 air stones per tub which you seem to have already. Yes Medium (hydrotron), rockwool and netting are what you need. Do you also have the tools to cut the holes?

SG

Wow! just found your grow mate! Looking good though! Not sure if you have solved your mite problem, but my garden is outdoors, so I have had a lot of pests. One of the easiest methods for me to get rid of mites was a few drops of some ivory dish soap ( i think thats the kind everyone else ueses....) into some water, then spray the leaves down.

ALSO! I was having more then mite problems at the start of my grow and I bought at my local hardware store some eco friendly anti-bug spray that cleared my crop, free of any unwanted guests. Ladybugs help too.

Im on board ;)

Cheers SG, I think Ill go with 3-4 in that tub then, Will cruise down to my hydro shop when Iv got some extra cash and pick up the net pots and Hydroton. I have quite a few tools enough to do practically everything, I'm not able to cut the net pot holes tho so I will go find a shop near by that will do it for a few bucks.

These mites are being out right assholes eating all my plants lol. I will go grab some ivory dish soap tomorrow. I'm not to worried any more with the mites on the plants ready for harvest this weekend I just don't want them spreading over my new bubblegum's. I am yet to find any on the bubblegum's Iv been spraying down the leaves every 2nd day to try and keep them away, seems to be working. Thanks for the tip lebowskii ill start spraying the bubblegum's tomorrow with the soap.

The tips and advice you guys give has been most helpful!
I will try and grab a better camera later tonight or tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom