Ghetto Growing South African Style

hey stewyandshan nice harvest with the bag seed considering the mites and stuff. that sux about the land lords and only six weeks to move what a bunch of a-holes. hope the bubble gum turns out for you.

Yea the strain of bagseed was totally shit incomparasent to these bubblegums!
and yea everything was a bit out of control on them but im still happy with the outcome especially cause i missed the shooting powder and liquid lead times cause of chopping early!

Looking at around 1.25 pounds from 8 bag seed sativas 7 weeks in with mites diseases and for half the flower stage under 1 400w, will be weighing properly on Thursday for dry weight.

So now im on a bit of a time attack :S 6 weeks to go on a great strain!

Should i let them get root bound and focus on them selves as they are very bushy and have lots of bud sights>? i can repot into huge pots but id rather save the coco for the move and do it there now due to the time contraints.

so any 1 got any hot tips to maximise my feeding etc in soil/coco/perlite mix soil. I find they can drink 800ml a day each easily in it as is.

The nuetriance i have are, A & B, 13/14, liquid lead, liquid rock, shooting powder, reversal spray, neem oil. ( can get molases or anything else really you recomend but im ussing a very liquid chemical fert mix)

Hey S&S...Just found your journal. Very impressive set up and grow you have going there.

I've not had any experience with mites or bugs but I'm sure the advise you get here will be great for how to handle their extermination. Good luck. I'm on board!

Yea really pissed off! cause these guys are flowering so nicely!

well this reversal spray stuff. It claims to do alot and doesnt tell me anything that in it... its called

Blast Hormonal Foliar Spray made by Bud wise a company in australia?

it Claims on the front

Female flower induction
Stimulates floral regrowth
Male flower and pollen eradication
Indoor and outdoor use

here is a link to it

Budwise Blast, Yield enhancer, Feminizer, Spray 250gr from hydroponics supplies gardening equipment - Buy Online

Anyone used it?

sorry but i have not used reversal spray. this is the first i have actually heard of it.
i would keep using it while picking off all the large clusters of sacks b4 they pop open. if that doesn't seem to work i would cut off all the branches that have the pollen sacks on them cuz the sacks can grow back even if you pluck off all of them.
if that doesn't seem possible then maybe you could separate them if you wanna grow them out. but your whole crop could go to seed. and of course there is always the painful chop. its a tight spot.
can you get a pic of how bad it is?
i have had 4 hermi's total through all of my grows including this one. some were 90% male and some were 10% male. I have one now that had pollen sacks on the bottom but so far has had pistils at the top. so i will see how it goes when it really starts to flower.

About 14-16 days.

Can I just pick them off?

Hey StewyandShan, I have had a hermi in the past. If you pick the balls off they just grow another pair (unlike divorced males) and in most cases they actually produce more pollen sacks when picking them off. My advice to you would be to isolate the plant or plants that hermed, if there are enough worth your trouble. Then grow them out, harvest the seeds from the buds that were pollenated and smoke the rest. If you don't have the space or the number of plants involved isn't that many, then PULL EM! Leaving them in the garden with your ladies is inviting serious philandering and more unwanted pregnancies. Air currents can be your friend or not. Just make sure if you isolate the herms, you make sure the air exchange does not mix with your other garden. :goodluck:

14-16 days thats good so you can get them early if the the spray doesnt work you can cut the male branches off but you will still need to be vigilant about inspecting the the whole plant each day for pollen sacks mixed in with the female flowers. the hermie i have now was male on the bottom nodes and female on top so i picked off the pollen on the main stalk and then cut off all the shoots from the bottom nodes ( leaving just the water leaves down there ) because they were growing pollen sacks. I only have one so it is easy to keep an eye on hir/hem. this is why people get frustrated with hermies. do your best, but i would make the 100% females the priority.

Do you think with the late onset of male pistols I could crop in 2 weeks and the male pollen would not be released ?

I would think that by then the pollen sacks would mature and release thier pixy dust. It would just be that if you take them in 2 weeks you would not have much in the way of mature seeds and with any luck hardly any immature ones.:wood:

StewyandShan how is the reversal spray working?

"Do you think with the late onset of male pistols I could crop in 2 weeks and the male pollen would not be released ?"
its up to the plants whey they are ready ,that is the bitch about hermeis.
and it only take like one male to pollenate like 10 females.
If you start seeing bananas that means they are dropping pollen.
have you seen any male sacs develop in the female flowers?
i just pulled my hermie to day because of that.
dont turn you back on those little bastards for a sec :grinjoint:

your new set up sound sick as hell i hope you make a journal about it.
grow on!!!:tokin:

StewyandShan how is the reversal spray working?

its up to the plants whey they are ready ,that is the bitch about hermeis.
and it only take like one male to pollenate like 10 females.
If you start seeing bananas that means they are dropping pollen.
have you seen any male sacs develop in the female flowers?
i just pulled my hermie to day because of that.
dont turn you back on those little bastards for a sec :grinjoint:

your new set up sound sick as hell i hope you make a journal about it.
grow on!!!:tokin:

Reversal spray definitely did something but not as much as I had hoped! The plants looked very droopy and sad for about a week after hitting them with it, the flowers are booming now tho. The spread of male genitals has stopped I have only seen 4-5 sites over all the plants that are still packing on balls.

Yea I think I will make a new journal for them but I wont have internet for a few weeks But I will make sure I take pics of everything so I can load them up for you guys, Ill take pics of the new crib as well! so pimp lol

I havent seen any male sacks in or near flowers from the same plant they are all below the colas I think im going to go threw them 1by1 and pull the sacks off them.

Back
Top Bottom