Ghetto Growing South African Style

That sounds pretty interesting and I see no problem with it, I have seen journals on here that use MH bulbs all through veg and flower and see great results, dual spectrum sounds even better!

SG

That sounds pretty interesting and I see no problem with it, I have seen journals on here that use MH bulbs all through veg and flower and see great results, dual spectrum sounds even better!

SG

Sweet as SG cheers, Ummm I belive it is a HPS bulb with a blue spectrum, in a very nice hood. It weights a fair bit. Atm I have it on the ground angled up as I cant hang it from the roof ( I have no were to hang it from). Any ideas on how to secure it to the roof would be appreciated.

What's up StewyandShan,
Just found you journal and you have a nice set up going there. Looks like you have you hands full. And for the free thing, you must have some pretty nice friend, sounds like you are making out pretty well....

I think for the insect problem, you could if the bubblegum is not too far along, spray the leaves with some neem oil, I would not do it on the plants that are almost done. I grew bubblegum and they are some pretty hardy plants that do pretty well fighting off the bugs but a little help with the neem should not do them any harm.

Anyway very nice job so far, keep up the good work and am looking forward to watching those ladies grow.... + rep

What's up StewyandShan,
Just found you journal and you have a nice set up going there. Looks like you have you hands full. And for the free thing, you must have some pretty nice friend, sounds like you are making out pretty well....

I think for the insect problem, you could if the bubblegum is not too far along, spray the leaves with some neem oil, I would not do it on the plants that are almost done. I grew bubblegum and they are some pretty hardy plants that do pretty well fighting off the bugs but a little help with the neem should not do them any harm.

Anyway very nice job so far, keep up the good work and am looking forward to watching those ladies grow.... + rep

Thanks heaps guys, Ill get onto the neem oil when Im paid. Iv moved the infected plants away from the others tho and I plan to chop them this weekend/monday I will have some new pics uploaded later tonight (couple of hours) of the set up atm and some of the harvest.

And yes I have some very nice friends who look after me well lol.

Interesting title, caught my eye and my curiosity. Nicely done I might add, count me in! As for your mite problem, I can tell you these tiny bastiges are like a bad penny, they keep turning up. They recently took up residence with me a few months ago when a couple new clones moved into the neighborhood. I guess I should have done the proper thing and sent out a welcoming commity for them before thier little pesty pets got a foot hold. Now I have an army of Amazon Warriors (otherwise known as ladie bugs) that greet every new clone and/or developing lady moving in. Looking forword to your and your ladies progress:goodluck:

zzzzzz the iphone camera is at a party tonight Ill have to upload pics tomorrow sorry guys.

Also iv found 1 plant seriously infected by mites over night, iv been looking at them every day very thoughraly so im prity pissed off, its just 1 if the bubblegum, but im gonna do everything i think ivory soap neem oil and try and get some lady beatles thanks again.

how far into flower are they? would it be possible to move the plants out then bug-bomb and clean the room including your lights and fans and things. so you are only dealing with the mites on the one plant. maybe try to quarantine the one infected one or at least put it down wind from your other plants. i have not delt with mites so this is just stuff ive read on other journals. i wish you the best of luck fn them bastards up. :wood::tokin:

Hey ill take some pics after I make some dinner for my self.

Just to recap and shit,

Iv got Lots of bubblegum's like 16 I think, and Iv had some Bagseed flowering for 60-65 days there a sativa dominate strain and have had a really bad mite infestation run. Seeing as I get basically everything for free in this set up Im reluctant to actually spend cash for it due to alot of my other expenses at the moment taking priority, so this mite problem was gonna stun the growth so I tryed to hit them with as much lights and nutes as I could not caring about how nute burnt the leafs got because the mites were killing them anyway, This worked out rather well for me they were drinking more then 2 gallons a day each. If there wasn't a mite problem I coulda pulled 3-4 oz each if pulled later with no probs, atm im looking at around 2oz each.

So iv had 4 of the bigger plants in 24hour darkness and me and my girl have cut them down we have them hanging up in the cupboard we got around 6-7 oz atm. Tonight ill have the other 4 in darkness to chop tomorrow night.

Now for the set up and bubblegum's status's!
They have lots of new growth and you can see the emerging bud sites on about 13 of the more developed ones, I have a couple that are about 10-12inchs tall. The smaller ones are predominantly underneath the Blue spectrum 400w HPS Light and there is another 2 red spectrum 400w HPS. Sometime this week ill be receiving a Redspec 600w HPS and another 25 bubblegum's that are all topped. These bubblegum's look so bushy im gonna have to rig up alot of roof strings to all the stems with stakes as well there really impressing me with there size width. Iv got 1 quarantined bubblegum that has some mites another 2-4 have a couple but its not an infestation yet so I need to act fast

With the mite problem. Once iv chopped all the bagseeds that are infected im going to move everything out, bug spray the room vacuum it all and clean it up a bit. Bring all the plants back in and spray them in the mourning with neem oil and then at night hit them with this ivory soap you guys speak of. Hopefully that gets all of them and continue use untill im happy, Ill need to do it fast before these buds take off. I would really like to invest in some ladybugs but where on earth would I be able to find a bunch of those fuckers lol! Thanks for all the help

So I promise more pics in about an hour and a half :)

With the mite problem. Once iv chopped all the bagseeds that are infected im going to move everything out, bug spray the room vacuum it all and clean it up a bit. Bring all the plants back in and spray them in the mourning with neem oil and then at night hit them with this ivory soap you guys speak of. Hopefully that gets all of them and continue use untill im happy, Ill need to do it fast before these buds take off. I would really like to invest in some ladybugs but where on earth would I be able to find a bunch of those fuckers lol! Thanks for all the help

So I promise more pics in about an hour and a half :)

Lady bugs are not expensive and they would fit your title of the grow being the ghetto version of insecticides. You can get 1500 lady bugs for $8 at many garden stores, just call around and see who has em. I let one batch each free in both my rooms. I haven't seen any more mites in my veg room since the release and only a few here and there in my bloom room. I am probably going to interupt my rotation to do a deep clean of the bloom room if the veg room stays pest free for another week. Nothing worse than bringing healthy plants into a hostile environment.:wood:

Can't wait for more pics!:popcorn:

Me and the wifey saying hey :p

IMG_03579.jpg

IMG_03619.jpg

Some of the buds from the 1st 4 harvested, the other 4 are in darkness will chop tonight.
IMG_03295.jpg

IMG_03305.jpg

IMG_03314.jpg

IMG_03323.jpg

IMG_03335.jpg

Smaller buds
IMG_03287.jpg

Bubbles by them selves now
IMG_03345.jpg

IMG_03357.jpg

Visable bud sites
IMG_03366.jpg

IMG_03374.jpg

IMG_03385.jpg

IMG_035611.jpg

IMG_03557.jpg

My tent
IMG_03538.jpg

Cold air from outside when its hot
IMG_03517.jpg

been busy shit gets dirty
IMG_03524.jpg

Side of bubble
IMG_03475.jpg

The runts
IMG_03487.jpg

Remaining 4 to chop
IMG_03407.jpg

IMG_03414.jpg

1gal pots
IMG_03395.jpg

IMG_03426.jpg

Sorry took so long, peace!

Will be getting another 37 bubblegum's and some 600w lights tomorrow or the next day! So stay tuned for more pictures.

-I have white spot on some of my plants, no major mite problems on the current bubblegum's

Can't wait to see more buds and butts myself. Sounds like with the white spots that you have Powdery Mildew. Usually means there isn't adequate ventilation or the humidity is too high. Also happens to plants touching walls or objects so the moisture gets trapped. When it reared it's ugly head in my garden, I used 3 in 1 sprays and removed the affected leaves which seemed to do the trick. There are also sulfur burners available for about 125 to 150 bucks that will control the powdery mildew very well. But doesn't really fit into your "Ghetto budget". Wishing you continued success!:wood:

Very nice, looks like you got yourself a nice harvest, hope they are as good as they look. Enjoy and hope you get that bug thing all ironed out.... Good luck...

Of all the times to find out, landlords wanting to sell up so we got 6 weeks to move out. Gonna let these continue and pull them on the last week with the addition of only 10 more to bring the total up to around 28. They are 2 months veged and about 10 days into flowering atm.

The humidity and heat should not be a problem and If anything I have excessive air flow in the room to strengthen stems for how bushy these things are!

My mates got some reversal spray he recons :S iv never herd of it. Iv got 1 plant that looks like a male and were the sex shows its developing to much its not as wispy as all the others. So im gonna spray it with that untill i see balls i spose and chuck it if its male b4 it can do it anything.

Well should get another 2 bulbs today as well to hurry everything along a bit better.

Nutes Im using full strength A&B 13/14 liquid lead and >liquid rock<willl be used last 2 weeks of flower.

I have about 8 big 4 gal pots that are super awesome im going chuck the biggist bubblegums in there this week with this stuff i got a 50KG bag of coco organic plant something looks really nice! anyone used this or know much about it. 2 stonned to look at it n shit hahaa i will later when i use it man im lazy sometimes haha

Of all the times to find out, landlords wanting to sell up so we got 6 weeks to move out. Gonna let these continue and pull them on the last week with the addition of only 10 more to bring the total up to around 28. They are 2 months veged and about 10 days into flowering atm.

The humidity and heat should not be a problem and If anything I have excessive air flow in the room to strengthen stems for how bushy these things are!

My mates got some reversal spray he recons :S iv never herd of it. Iv got 1 plant that looks like a male and were the sex shows its developing to much its not as wispy as all the others. So im gonna spray it with that untill i see balls i spose and chuck it if its male b4 it can do it anything.

Well should get another 2 bulbs today as well to hurry everything along a bit better.

Nutes Im using full strength A&B 13/14 liquid lead and >liquid rock<willl be used last 2 weeks of flower.

I have about 8 big 4 gal pots that are super awesome im going chuck the biggist bubblegums in there this week with this stuff i got a 50KG bag of coco organic plant something looks really nice! anyone used this or know much about it. 2 stonned to look at it n shit hahaa i will later when i use it man im lazy sometimes haha

From what I have heard coco is the shiz! Seems like this last batch will be down to the wire!:bong:

SG

From what I have heard coco is the shiz! Seems like this last batch will be down to the wire!:bong:

SG

Your not wrong there mate! But im going to need the income from it for the move so I have to make it work. Love the help and everything tho guys!

So now Iv got to find a place where I can move everything into and get another load of bubblegums :)

Back
Top Bottom