GHS Trainwreck

riverrat

I was thinking about growing this strain. has anyone sampled this. I have read good and bad reviews on different sites but wondering if anyone out there has any knowledge about this ghs strain, the way it smokes and the way it grows.

Um... mine isn't quite ready to harvest. I did a SCROG with the GHS TW.

The buds I have picked and smoked have been quite yummy :bong:

DSC009811.JPG

DSC010243.JPG

here is what mine looks like... how much do you think i will yeild on these girls. I have 2 white sharks and 2 big bangs going.

new_pot_pics_007.jpg

new_pot_pics_003.jpg

new_pot_pics_001.jpg

as soon as these girls finish I already have trainwreck, Purple power, Purple widow, more big bang and white shark sprouted and these are all femed seeds. Lets just hope they all turn out female.

I have cut several clones off of the bottom branches of these girls. I am going to veg them until its time to put them outdoors.

who rolls the blunts,
I rolls the blunts:smokin:

That is a large menu... I will like to see how your grow goes...

Do you bush grow all your plants? I think I am going to bush grow the G13 Haze.

Sadly, when I germed the TW seeds, only 2 of 5 sprouted. It probably was my newbie experience.

My trainwreck were beautiful as plants, and then one day, I supercropped heavily and put in place the SCROG screen. The media is 22 inches from the screen.

I kept reading about the plant being viney and needing support, hence the last minute SCROG. Plus I wanted the experience.

I tried to get a bud site in every hole. 2 inch netting.

I also read it hermies so I used DM Reverse

The way you get your plant to bush like that is to top once and only once when they are young. Top once as early as possible without harming the plant. The result is in the pics. this is the way i do all of my outdoor plant so i thought i would bring the routine indoors and its seems to work well.

Had over 30 bud sites on one plant and i only veged 6 and 1/2 weeks maybe 7.

I do it on the 2nd or 3rd but people will tell you this is to early but that is not true. Just dont do this to an unhealthy speciman. your plant wont grow for a while but when it starts growing all of the bud sites will grow about the same height and speed and instead of a christmas tree shaped plant you will have a bush with many more bud sites than if you topped later.

These are my experiences with growing and i am no expert just a good ole boy with a green thumb.

riverrat said:
could you get me some pics of the trainwreck. I have just sprouted the trainwreck along with many other flavors. I want to see how it looks and really want to know how it taste.

also Trainwreck from ghs are supposed to be hermie free as long as you dont stress it into turning hermie on you. just dont over prune or over feed and you should not get a hermie on the Trainwreck.

I also got 100 % germed. How are you germing?
2 out of 5, I bet that hurt your feelings.

The only pics I have are in my gallery or you could click on my journal link in my signature. I didn't take earlier pics, now I wish I had.

I had to prune the SCROG to prevent a bushy mess. I pruned twice in early flower. It was so dense nearly all of the leaves were standing straight up and down. I trimmed them so I could sweep at least a finger between the buds. In some spots, I can't even do that.

I soaked the seeds in a cup of RO water with 1 drop of SuperThrive. When they split, I planted them tip down, one seed depth, in a seedling mix. Moistened, covered, and placed on a germination heating pad.

The ones that sprouted were up in a day. I waited 3 weeks for the others to sprout and all they did was rot where I planted them. It didn't hurt my feelings as this was my 1st experience/experiment. I have other seeds and figured it was something I did or bad luck, not sure which.

sounds like you did everything right on the germing. GHS usually has great germing ratios i dont know what could have happend.

you seen the photos of my plants, should i prune a little to expose bud sites or would you just leave it alone.

I'm not one to really ask advice from as I said before this is my first grow.

That being said, I have done my homework and if I were you, I wouldn't touch a thing. I plan to bush grow my G13 Haze seeds.

Look up pruning and you will find arguements everywhere for and against.

I pruned simply to allow more air flow between the buds. I had leaves stacked so dense against one another I feared I would get some kind of rot, mold, or fungus in my SCROG.

I can say from this experience, I do not think my exposing some bud sites to more light made much difference. I have buds growing in the dark (under the foliage or other buds) that are larger and probably more dense then many the buds that appeared after the pruning. I also allowed a few branches that didn't reach the screen to grow and they have produced nice dense nugs. Of course I have already nibbled those away. :bong:

Again you have to ask yourself, why you need to prune. I think if your only answer is to expose more nodes to light, I wouldn't do it. Your buds are going to draw upon those leaves for growth.

If you want more light exposure to give you more tops you can try supercropping or bending (LST). I definitely would not remove any of your leaves.

Hope this helps, and again, I am a noob.

thanks for the advice. you know how it is you want to do anything to make the plant better even when there is nothing left to do but let it grow...

Back
Top Bottom