Gleipnir's 1st Grow Attempt

Woo the 3rd set of leafs came in today. When the new set starts to show I plan to fimm or top, then proceed to Crimp the new branches when they get established. Not quite sure of which to go with so any input is good input in my book.

Woo the 3rd set of leafs came in today. When the new set starts to show I plan to fimm or top, then proceed to Crimp the new branches when they get established. Not quite sure of which to go with so any input is good input in my book.

IDK, it has a lot to do with personal preference, this is what I do, but I top and not fim, but fim is good same way. I top the fourth set out, then I top the second set out of the new branches....it gives me 8-10 mains.

Ok probably going to go with what you mentioned, it just makes good sense so cant argue. Anyways my 4th leafs are starting to show and all of my plants are developing leafs at the arm pit.

So basically 2 weeks and a day in, I think they are doing rather well.

20130601165845.jpg

20130601165854.jpg

If you have noticed the plants have moved around. I like to alternate their spots going clockwise every other day. Going to stop that once I get my ScrOG screen built.

**Almost forgot to add. Dropped the light down to 13 inches from the plant tops. I hope that can halt the stretching a bit. When the 4th leaf set comes in I'm going to top the tallest ones.

Thanks for the vibes and compliments Smoke2Js.

So the 3rd set are almost fully out and the 4th set are getting there, I had no idea these plants grew that quickly.

20130602141607.jpg

Just compare yesterday to today.

I'm going to keep an eye on that yellow on the far left bottom corner plant. If it spreads to the bigger leafs I'm going to have to apply neuts.

Anyways I have noticed some of the plants have different looking and sized leafs on the 3rd and now going on 4th set.

20130602141613.jpg

20130602141623.jpg

Can't wait for that 4th set so I can top them and get this party really started. I should probably start cropping my fan leafs to help with light, any input on this?

I would let them keep growing as they are at the moment, looking great. No trimming needed as of yet it will just stunt their growth. Let them be weeds :) As you said keep an eye on them, you will know when to start applying your nutes :thumb:

Looks like its just the cotyledons yellowing on you. Thats normal. The plants look awesome. Jay Leno once said about his jet engine motorcycle: "The faster it goes the faster it goes. " And thats the way these plants grow- start off slow then accelerate so fast its almost scarey(at least if you're space constrained). :thumb:

Sorry for the hiatus, the wife and I just got back from a 3 day trip to cedar point theme park. It was a blast, and I'm so happy that my plants are doing fine. Watered and FIM'd all of them last night plan to top the the new growths after the second set of leafs are grown. The stems are getting really thick and the majority of them have tons of new growth at the nodes. I will get some pictures up as soon as I can.

Picture time! I'm guessing the light droop is due to the FIM cuts.

20130606133123.jpg

20130606133142.jpg

20130606133202.jpg

20130606131416.jpg

20130606132142.jpg

Also thanks for the tip CA215 I shall leave my leafs be :Namaste: ! Also thanks for clearing up the yellowing problem Flower Child. :thanks:

A little worried about the top of the fan leaf stems being purple on that one plant. The leafs are fine, no yellow or brown spots and the main stem is a nice green, so any idea if it's genetic or an early warning sign? This is from multiple bag seed so no idea if any or all the plants are the same.

Hey gleipnir, some thoughts on the purple. If it was the whole leaf it would be phosphorus deficiency. It can be controlled by applying organic sources of phosphorus such as rock phosphate or a high-phosphorus fish fertilizer applied as a soil drench or foliar feed. The greatest possibility is Temps getting colder, which brings out blues and purples. Since its just the stems turning purple don't trip. Your buds, if allowed to mature under cooler temps during lights off will turn purple, red and blue. But you must be patient and bring the temps down to her minimum during lights off time,in the last week of flowering. There are also genetic variances between the same seed stock. You can grow 100 of the same plant and have 1 or two that go all purple, or white, etc. Just keep an eye on them if the purple spreads to the leaf body then apply a light dose of phosphorus next watering, and wait. It can take 3 to 7 days for a change . If you don't notice a change and the color is spreading,bump up the phosphorus a little, repeating with the wait time ,until you notice a change. It is very important that you be patient when doing this. I think your plant is fine and will produce some nice colorful nugs under the right conditions.
:peace:

Thanks a ton, I guess i can blame cold temps. The room where my vent pulls air in from stays at a good 68 degrees, so I guess when the lights go off the room gets flooded with chilled air. I'll also keep an eye out for leaf discoloration and apply neuts as necessary. Thanks again Smoke2Js for helping me calm some of this paranoia, I guess first timers are always prone to fits of it.

:thanks:

Thanks a ton, I guess i can blame cold temps. The room where my vent pulls air in from stays at a good 68 degrees, so I guess when the lights go off the room gets flooded with chilled air. I'll also keep an eye out for leaf discoloration and apply neuts as necessary. Thanks again Smoke2Js for helping me calm some of this paranoia, I guess first timers are always prone to fits of it.

:thanks:

No prob, glad to help ease your mind.:phew:

seedlings always start out with a purple stem, the fan leaves stems are usually always purple.
i dont know if its genetics or the weather but mine are always that way, no matter the strain. indoor and outdoor.

these look really nice i hope you get the mylar plastic up it really makes use of the HPS, you wouldnt beleive it.

and your room is pretty big how are temps/humidity sorry i didnt read and i want a current update anyways if possible ?

im loving the space , and growing for your wife. that is really nice.
definetly you can make something great with the tips from people on here, check out grows with nettings and tie downs also you have plenty of room and its very early for you to experiment. these bagseeds looks very nice.

Humidity is rather low as a dead head I grow some other things in the same closet (rules wont let me say what) that love a certain type of humidity so it's very much controlled. The temps sit at 75 with lights and at the hottest part of the day top at 83, but at night it drops to 68 as that is my set adjacent room temp. I have a Mylar tarp setup on a modified shower curtain rod, so i can pull it out of the way for pictures and re-arranging things.

I'm also growing for me, when I was younger I was run down by a car and it left me with permanent spinal nerve damage and the odd seizure. I can't supercrop my plants for this very reason, as I can't really feel how hard I grab something (The lift and check watering method gave me some trouble, but thanks to my wife's help I got it down). Anyways enough about me, I'm very glad to be apart of a community that is so knowledgeable about this wonderful plant. Also thanks for the compliments and tip, I'm working on training my smallest one with paper clips and loose ties as an experiment. :thumb: :love:

Humidity is rather low as a dead head I grow some other things in the same closet (rules wont let me say what) that love a certain type of humidity so it's very much controlled. The temps sit at 75 with lights and at the hottest part of the day top at 83, but at night it drops to 68 as that is my set adjacent room temp. I have a Mylar tarp setup on a modified shower curtain rod, so i can pull it out of the way for pictures and re-arranging things.

I'm also growing for me, when I was younger I was run down by a car and it left me with permanent spinal nerve damage and the odd seizure. I can't supercrop my plants for this very reason, as I can't really feel how hard I grab something (The lift and check watering method gave me some trouble, but thanks to my wife's help I got it down). Anyways enough about me, I'm very glad to be apart of a community that is so knowledgeable about this wonderful plant. Also thanks for the compliments and tip, I'm working on training my smallest one with paper clips and loose ties as an experiment. :thumb: :love:

no way dude its not everyday you hear that weed is actually helping people, its people like you man.
sorry to hear that absolutely back pain is no joke, your wife as well.
good to see two people happy and smoking pot together and helping each other in times of struggle, no problem for me to read in depth about it. my eyes have been very open the past few years. (cant describe really what that means to me yet.)

i have seen people doing stress training with stringed weights, didnt look hurtful and looked pretty sweet if you got the materials.
but paperclips and string (basic LST.) is great as well, good work and great research you did your home work.

Danke, This plant was clearly put here to help humans. I mean heck we have receptors just for cannabinoids (I'm a bio-chemist from back in the day and i can tell ya some stuff about your brain :p). So yea cannabis has put my wife's crohn's disease in total remission, she tokes once a day and it has stayed that way for 8 years now. I toke for pain relief and to help my shakes.

Anyways yea going to try the string and weights as well, my trained plant has the thinnest main stem of them all so it needs some light stress to help it along.

**Side note your video was quite touching made my wife and I tear up. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom