Gleipnir's 1st Grow Attempt

My motto is shoot small and don't get your hopes up, so anything else is a huge surprise. :)

Great way to view things, fingers crossed for some pistil goodness :Namaste:
Are you looking into doing any defoliation or let your girls grow as is? :bong:
have a great day there gleipnir, stay irie and keep them girls groovin' :hippy: CA

Went to look for pre-flowers today. One of my plants has some weird growth on the 5th node. It looks like the start of a leaf, but it's sealed up. My camera can't get a good shot as it is so very small so i doodled what it looks like. Until i can get a good picture of course.

this_thing.png

Sorry I'm not a good artist at all. I just hope it throws up hairs! All in due time...

Anyways it looks like I'm going to grab that clone bucket and buy a T5 light fixture. I plan to make my own tent because the price on those is outrageous! I have 3 or 4 pc fans laying around to turn into vent fans.

So i took the tops from all my plants and let them dry out using my vent fans and a box. They smoked really well. My wife and I even got a really really nice buzz off the purple oozer's top, better than most shwag i get my hands on. Who knew that the leafs tasted pretty good when dried?! (Used a 3 chamber water pipe to clean up the smoke a bit) Going to mix some more with my home grown peppermint to see how that tastes.

What can I say I'm a hippy, I use every single part of the plant.

Yep tried it mixed with dried peppermint. It gave me a slight nicotine like buzz with that nice mint after taste. I would try it if you have nothing else to do with veg trim. I let it dry for 3-4 days before smoking tho.. It still had the pain killing and seizure stopping effect of normal bud, so that's why I'm even smoking it. So if someone is growing to medicate themselves they can still medicate even in veg state. I'm pretty sure that plant is fem and has some (very very little) thc to spare in veg.

Sounds interesting, hopefully a new set of leaves being produces :Namaste: Addaboy gleip! I've never tried smoking vegging trim, are you smoking it with some peppermint as well? That actually sounds kinda tasty... :yummy: CA

There was a study released that said if you smoke THC and CBD together your hit lasts six times longer, try it. I recon there's something in it.
I have one cone leaf to 4-5 cones of bud. Seams to work. Also the study said it stops the tolerance to a single strain. That defiantly works. A good leaf session breaks the tolerance straight away!

Sorry, just thought I'd through that in the mix.

Gleipnir, nice work my man!

Alrighty got my camera zoom to work better. This is that growth I drew yesterday:

20130616_144233.jpg

Man that main stem is really fuzzy...

** Just noticed one of my hairs is sitting on it... Ignore my long white hair! :laugh:

There was a study released that said if you smoke THC and CBD together your hit lasts six times longer, try it. I recon there's something in it.
I have one cone leaf to 4-5 cones of bud. Seams to work. Also the study said it stops the tolerance to a single strain. That defiantly works. A good leaf session breaks the tolerance straight away!

Sorry, just thought I'd through that in the mix.

Gleipnir, nice work my man!

Mr. Messy, is your first name Marvin? Just asking cause your name reminded me of the old Nestles chocolate milk syrup mix commercials with a character called "Messy Marvin". He always made a mess. LOL . Seriously, you are right about CBDs, they slow the uptake of THC by blocking receptors in the endo-cannabinoid system of our bodies. This also will prevent the uber munchies effect, the OMG the sativa was to strong, and I am way to paranoid effect.

CBD is Analgesic, Anti-bacterial,Anti-diabetic(reduces blood sugar levels),Anti-emetic,Anti-epileptic,Anti-inflammatory,Anti-ischemic(reduces artery blockage),Anti-proliferate(cancer inhibitor),Anti-psoriatic(psoriasis),Anti-psychotic(calm you the fuck down), Anti-spastic, Anxiolytic(fights anxiety),Bone stimulant(promotes bone growth),Immunosuppressive(modulates function in the immune system),Intestinal Anti-prokenitic( reduces contractions in the small intestines, Neuroprotective( protects nervous system degradation). Seriously THE game changer for medicinal cannabis.:high-five:

CBD is Analgesic, Anti-bacterial,Anti-diabetic(reduces blood sugar levels),Anti-emetic,Anti-epileptic,Anti-inflammatory,Anti-ischemic(reduces artery blockage),Anti-proliferate(cancer inhibitor),Anti-psoriatic(psoriasis),Anti-psychotic(calm you the fuck down), Anti-spastic, Anxiolytic(fights anxiety),Bone stimulant(promotes bone growth),Immunosuppressive(modulates function in the immune system),Intestinal Anti-prokenitic( reduces contractions in the small intestines, Neuroprotective( protects nervous system degradation). Seriously THE game changer for medicinal cannabis.:high-five:

Clearly our body was made to have a symbiotic relationship with this plant. we care for it and help keep its genetics alive, and it does the same for us in return. :peace:

Right on!! My tolerance has been through the roof for years now.. Getting in my leaf trim right now and rolling up a fatty with some nice sour d bong rips to follow, :roorrip: We will see the effects first hand :high-five: & I think the picture above, what you drew, is still a little too early to get a 100% definite answer :peace: CA

It's cool. So far today i have been doing a trick i learned while growing tomato plants. I find the thinnest parts of the main stem and branches (not the ones with fan leaves) and pinch them until i feel the inside give way. Nothing leaks out and I don't break or bend them, just lightly pinch and apply more and more pressure until i hear the inside cell wall break (any heavy limpers I support with string). This trick has given me half inch to a full inch thick stems on my tomato plants and I'm hoping it will work here too. I plan to keep them in veg another 2 weeks for recovery purposes anyways so thought what the heck it might help the branches hold fat thick buds. No idea if this technique is used commonly or if it even has a name..

Now my fingers are lightly sticky and smell of sweet sweet cannabis :)

**Shooting for the same thing that happens when you break a bone. It takes time to heal, but it will make the site so thick and strong that it's near impossible to break that exact same area ever again.

Also currently working on a nice sturdy screen to put over each plant after they are sexed during early flower, to help support the bud weight. They are kinda' tall so I'm going to help them out anyway I know how.

It's cool. So far today i have been doing a trick i learned while growing tomato plants. I find the thinnest parts of the main stem and branches (not the ones with fan leaves) and pinch them until i feel the inside give way. Nothing leaks out and I don't break or bend them, just lightly pinch and apply more and more pressure until i hear the inside cell wall break (any heavy limpers I support with string). This trick has given me half inch to a full inch thick stems on my tomato plants and I'm hoping it will work here too. I plan to keep them in veg another 2 weeks for recovery purposes anyways so thought what the heck it might help the branches hold fat thick buds. No idea if this technique is used commonly or if it even has a name..

Now my fingers are lightly sticky and smell of sweet sweet cannabis :)

**Shooting for the same thing that happens when you break a bone. It takes time to heal, but it will make the site so thick and strong that it's near impossible to break that exact same area ever again.

gleipnir, the technique you have been using with great success, is called Super Cropping and is commonly used in many cannabis grows.:peace:

Cool beans, glad to give it a name. :thanks:

I use to think super cropping involved bending the tops down? Anyways, does it have any major impact on yields? I do it to every single branch, mostly focusing on where I top the plant.

Sorry for the noobie response, but I am just that a total noobie.

Cool beans, glad to give it a name. :thanks:

I use to think super cropping involved bending the tops down? Anyways, does it have any major impact on yields? I do it to every single branch, mostly focusing on where I top that pant.

Sorry for the noobie response, but I am just that a total noobie.

Bending the tops down is called Low Stress Training, or LST. Which is used to open up the plant for air flow, light penetration, and to manipulate growth direction. Super Cropping does slow down the plant, as it spends time to heal. I have not found a need for it outdoors, the sun makes the stems and stalks pretty tough and able to support the wieght of the colas. I find it to be very useful indoors, when using low intensity lights like cfls, and I don't do it while she is in flower , it'll slow down the bud development.:peace:

P.S. glad to help

Right on!! My tolerance has been through the roof for years now.. Getting in my leaf trim right now and rolling up a fatty with some nice sour d bong rips to follow, :roorrip: We will see the effects first hand :high-five: & I think the picture above, what you drew, is still a little too early to get a 100% definite answer :peace: CA

How'd you go, notice any difference?

How'd you go, notice any difference?

Bros, im baked, feeling it alot more in my body, alot more zingy with the wavy feeling from the top of your head to your toes.. Awesome.. Really liked that advice will spread the word. :) Probably will do this once every couple months to see how it works again, I want to see how I feel on my next toke.. Yup.... Stupid high Awesome :rofl: :bongrip: This is a potential weed conservation technique, PROPS :laugh:

Mr. Messy, is your first name Marvin? Just asking cause your name reminded me of the old Nestles chocolate milk syrup mix commercials with a character called "Messy Marvin". He always made a mess. LOL . Seriously, you are right about CBDs, they slow the uptake of THC by blocking receptors in the endo-cannabinoid system of our bodies. This also will prevent the uber munchies effect, the OMG the sativa was to strong, and I am way to paranoid effect.

I smoke leaf a lot, it helps my joint pain from my multiple breaks. THC is a great hit but it also helps me sleep. I'm a side sleeper with two broken shoulders and turn over every 15 mins or so. Physical insomnia. Weed is the only answer for me. Was addicted to codine far to long!
I also grow for one of my best friends with terminal cancer in many sites. It is also the only drug that helps his wide array of symptoms. He only consumes concentrates but gets far to high so we are working hard on a way to increase the CBD in extractions? Finding very high CBD strains is the way forward we think. It's very difficult for us to get things tested here. We are criminals apparently!!
We can only relie on the affects of the various strains for a conclusion.
Does anyone know how to extract CBD ONLY.
Gleipnir, your a good man to risk your freedom for your wife's pain. I wish all the success in the world and ifntherenismanything Incan help,with please ask!

PS. My name is not Marvin ;)

Bros, im baked, feeling it alot more in my body, alot more zingy with the wavy feeling from the top of your head to your toes.. Awesome.. Really liked that advice will spread the word. :) Probably will do this once every couple months to see how it works again, I want to see how I feel on my next toke.. Yup.... Stupid high Awesome :rofl: :bongrip: This is a potential weed conservation technique, PROPS :laugh:

Great, I thought it would help. I've been doing this for a year now and with all my injuries and my occupation, snowboarding chef, I hurt myself a lot. Broken rib, separated elbow and shoulder, again, as we speak.
Where's the leaf, bong hit!!!

Back
Top Bottom