Gleipnir's 1st Grow Attempt

Sub'd to kingjohnC's new grow journal. Can't wait to see how that goes! also congrats on the member of the month, you earned it!

Been so busy trying to fix up this old house I kinda let my babies go crazy! After some topping and branch breaking I'm hoping this slows the vert growth as they will be in veg for one more week. Trying my damnedest to get the lower branches even with the canopy while cropping the stems to get them nice and fat to support the weight.

They are slowly turning into monster bushes! (They are turned to the less growth sides to let it get some sweet sweet light.)

IMG_029519.JPG

They are going to be massive in flower. So I grabbed a stud finder and am going to build a recess in the ceiling so I can get the lights even higher for safeties sake.

Good news and bad news today. So it looks like 2 of my plants are male :(

Plant 1:
plant_146.jpg

Plant 2:
plant_238.jpg

Luckily 2 other plants are female! :)

Plant 3 (purple oozer):
plant_329.jpg

Plant 4:
plant_425.jpg

That leaves one that has yet to preflower.

Here comes the fun part... Chopping up the male for leaves and then disposing of the rest of it.

So happy to announce my 3rd plant is indeed a girl! She showed her first 2 white hairs today. So I'm the proud father of 3 girls. and 2 bastards! With bag seed I'm so glad to see these numbers.

That is all! Will be checking my sub'd threads and catch up on missed time.
:peace: :Namaste:

**Really fudged on 5 or so edibles, so please forgive my extreme excitedness. The curse of making good pnt butter and cannabis fudge, only to get the munchies causing you to eat more fudge... And more fudge...

Thanks everyone! Had a small scare today, but I seem to have fixed it.

Opened my closet to find my plants clawing hard core. I thought maybe I used to much nitrogen and toxicity may be setting in. So I flushed em, moved my light up a wee bit, and put another fan on em. Went back and now only a few are clawing.

IMG_029621.JPG

Going to let my girls sit for one more week (under 14-10 light) before flowering. They drink a lot of water every 2 days... They are getting bigger and bigger by the day. May have to flower them in a guest bedroom and start feeding them locals if they get any bigger. :morenutes:

Sorry for disappearing so much, but life waits for no man. Later on the 10th (around 11pm) I almost got fried (thrown 5 feet off an 8 foot ladder) by a hidden junction box (hot wire had a neutral wire color coating) in the ceiling replacing a chandelier (Don't work on electric stuff when high off cana fudge...), so I was in the hospital for a wee bit. So my wife surprised me with a 1 year old puppy, a wolf/malamute hybrid we named Fenrir.

Anyways, going to be catching up on some of your grow journals :Namaste:

OMG gleipnir- electricity is scary! Bet watchin you fly off a ladder was quite a "shock" to your wife too. Sure glad you're still with us. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Your plants look like they did well in your absence- healthy looking girls you have there.
Fenrir and Garm look like a pair of sweeties. I used to have a husky- those northern breeds are really smart and a lot of fun.

Ha, I don't see anything rude about your comment. I have just been very busy renovating (and recuperating) my house that was built in the 1950's. The blasted thing has never had anything fixed or changed in it ever. So I have a massive job that eats up about 65% of my time, the other being eaten up by living on a farm.

Anyways my girls are doing great. They have gotten a wee bit bigger, and they are covered in white hairs!

(In flower for 3 days)

IMG_029922.JPG

IMG_030122.JPG

@flowerchild : Oh yea it scared the crap out of us both. Now I know how that kid in Jurassic Park felt when the fence came back on.
[video=youtube;zEefiEEkPbk]
[/video]

No nutes now, just some sweet watered (1tbsp per gallon) down (unsulphered) molasses on the rare occasion when watering.

Going to start taking bets on what the figurative pull per plant might be. :popcorn:
I'm hoping at least 1.5 ounces per plant.

I like your optimism aztec!

So I sat down today and counted how many new growth centers I have. I have effectively turned all my normal branches into main stems (i hope) using cropping (breaking the cell wall and making them fat as crap at the base) and topping/FIM-ing them, as they all now have their own branches too. So after I counted up all the places growing 2 new fan leaves I marked em on each photo of the plant. So the red number you see is the total number of growths that are making 2 new leaves each time it grows. I will probably only get pop corn nugs off em', but hell I don't really mind. Anything's better than nothing at all.

tops_2.jpg

tops_3.jpg

tops13.jpg

Here is a pic of a fan leaf!

leaf3.png

Now for a group over head photo!

IMG_030319.JPG

Can't wait to see future development as this is only day 4 of flower.

IMG_030918.JPG

IMG_030821.JPG

Back
Top Bottom