GLH Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else had a hard time getting in contact with Mike from GLH? I ordered 2 180w lights 2 weeks ago (the 3rd of Dec) through my local Hydro Store (trying to support them, so they stay around). The store owner and myself have tried numerous times to get in touch with Mike but all we get is a voicemail box and no return calls.

The one time I did get a hold of him to check on the status of my order (last Thursday the 9th) to check on my order. I was told that they were on back order and that they were expected in this week and that they would be shipped out today. I tried to contact him again this morning as did the owner of the hydro store--no luck.

The reasons I purchased the lights from GLH were:
1) Great reviews here from respected growers
2) Mike's interaction with the growers doing comparison grows with his lights
3) The form-factor (the size of the 180s lend themselves to my 2X4 foot grow)
4) His site said there were 73 in stock (although it also said on 2 weeks back order, so very confusing and misleading--really should update the site, it only takes a minute to keep it accurate)

I would still like to use his lights but I am in a time crunch now and needed the lights last week. I am currently using a light from another sponsor (Advanced LEDs), but chose GLH based on a number of factors: Size, price and the "in stock" number.

I have heard nothing but good things about GLH and Mike's responsiveness, but these past 2 weeks are making me wonder. If I know that the lights will be here on Monday, Tuesday at the latest then I will be OK, otherwise I need to make an alternate plan.

Mike called me back this afternoon. None of the 180s were in the shipment and he won't have them until next Friday. I can't wait until the following week to receive them, so I will go with the company that I bought my other light with.

I really would have liked to give Mike's lights a try, but my time-line is already stretching out beyond what I planned and another 10 days will blow it.

When I move up to some bigger lights I will give Mike a call.

Mike, thanks for getting back to me and being very cool about refunding the money.

Last update:
Mike came through and made me a deal "I couldn't refuse" on an upgrade to a pair of 300's--which arrived today.

Mike, Thanks for taking care of the situation and being understanding of my situation. I will start a grow journal for the next grow and make sure to highlight the use of your lights.

Have a Merry Christmas!
Steve

damn you got lucky with the 300s, its the light i eventually want. I have a spectra 120 and love it.

My emails with mike have been slow response time, but he seems to be a busy man with a light crew(only him?). my light took about two weeks, maybe less.

One thing with him that surprised me. I called him about a week after my order, to check the backorder status, and did not get through to him. I didn't leave a message but about 3 hours later he returned my call just from caller id. I was shocked at that. Anyways im glad things worked out, and i am POSATIVE that you will love those lights. I wish i were in your shoes.

LOVING the 300s! I have a jungle growing, amazing growth in less than a week. They do get warm though, I had to turn the volume up on my exhaust fan and everything is fine.

I notice a visible difference in light spectrum from my 180 from Advanced LEDs. The 180 looks more pinkish/purple the GLH is brighter, looks more full-spectrum (whiter). That may just be from more than tripling my wattage. The 180 is now in my clone/veg chamber and is kicking out some killer clones with the plan being going straight clone-to-bloom with the next grow. I plan on starting a Journal for that one. I have 6 weeks left on this current grow.

i just ordered my 180 GLH on Dec 30th. hmmm i need mine at abosolutely latest 4 weeks from now.. have you heard anything about the 180's being instock? i know the website says theres still a two week back order.. any info would be cool..

ProblemChild, I would think they would be in within 4 weeks. Last time I spoke with Mike (right before Christmas) he said that the 180s were in his next shipment.

Have you given him a call or sent him an email? My communications problems with him were due to him being out of the area for a week, once he was back he promptly returned my calls.

On IrishBoy's latest grow, he was advertising that GLH had a few extra 300s for a great price, if he has a few left, you may be able to upgrade for a great price.

Steve

On IrishBoy's latest grow, he was advertising that GLH had a few extra 300s for a great price, if he has a few left, you may be able to upgrade for a great price.

Steve

Those are all gone :( -- I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair of 300's I think, should be sufficient for my 3 x 5 tent, eh?

Those are all gone :( -- I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair of 300's I think, should be sufficient for my 3 x 5 tent, eh?

Zombo, I am sure they will more than cover a 3x5 tent. So far I am very happy with the results of the 300s. In fact my plants have grown into them (I had to veg 2 weeks longer than planned waiting for the lights). Plant growth is amazing. I'll get off my ass and take a pic or two to show a before and after.

its difficult to start a company from scratch. There are enormous growing pains in the beginning ... especially that initial hump going from a start-up to an up and running legit company.

If we help GLH or whomever get going and over thant hump ... they most likely will reward their initial supporting customers.

talke dto mike at GLH the othe day he insured me that my 180 would be on time and also offered me a 300w that he used for a demo for $750 w free shipping ask him about it he might still have it because i passed up on it couldnt afford it right now,, he is very prompt at getting back to you thats for sure..i sent my email at like 430pm thinking wouldnt hear back from him until the next day but to my surpirise he got back to me later that night!

Everything I've seen suggests Mike is a real stand up guy... 420mag is lucky to have him as a sponsor! So nice to see business run the right way.

Mike called *me* three times yesterday/today to make sure I got ahold of him to order my lights. I've done so - was great working with him, stand-up guy.

I can't wait for my two 300W Spectras -- He told me I'm getting the 2011 model now! :D

I almost don't read anything bad from GLH lights but i have some bad experiences with him. I'm just showing there is not only sunlight with glh.

I purchased a 180w panel the 16th of november and got it arrived some 3 weeks later. When i got it i had alot of questions that i got answered really quickly. He even said hello on my thread.
Then some weeks afterworths i read there was a 2011 version comming out of the glh series. This is the 240w that is now being used. I e-mailed mike about buying an 'upgrade' and then returning my lamp i had purchased. He said it was ok and i had to deposit some extra money for the upgrade witch is perfectly normal as its a better light. It was 140$ if i can recall good. I was a little short on cash at the moment and asked if i could postpone to the next month. Mike said it was ok. Then after a month or so i asked for the upgrade and he declined. I said he already said it was ok and he asks constantly the same questions(what lamp, when did you buy it, can i have details..) like he acts like he doesn't remember me.
It was really getting on my nerves and was really feeling like i was talking to a wall. I wrote mike to explain him how i feel about it and haven't recieved an answer since..

And the best thing of all while wasting so much time in answering and waiting i lost my 90day return policy so i couldn't just return and buy an upgrade anymore.

Thought you guys should know a bad story about the company.

Re: --- Lights

I don't know as I'd call that bad as I'd call it a busy man with a lot going on. You should try black dog led, talk about getting screwed! Stay away, he's got a great design but it's chinese made, everything is 3 weeks later than what he tells you, and then when there IS a problem (less than 3 months had a power cord melt, replaced then 2 months later a driver failed and section of light out, I have to put up a 700 deposit to get a replacement light?) he tries to get out of it every time, ignoring phone calls, emails etc. Don't buy black dog led, cheap chinese junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom