Gnat or fruit flys

wheezgethigh

Indica
15 plants
Veggie stage
Flouro lights
21/3 hrs of light
How do I get rid of these gnats 3 of my plants r n rockwool and have alge growing on top so do I throw them away and what's a good safe spray to use

neem oil. I just used it myself.
It well coat the plant with protective shine. stopping the gnats from hacthing or going near your plat at all. neem oil smells kindof crappy. Flush after a month and it shouldn't effect the taste of your buds. Goodluck

neem oil. I just used it myself.
It well coat the plant with protective shine. stopping the gnats from hacthing or going near your plat at all. neem oil smells kindof crappy. Flush after a month and it shouldn't effect the taste of your buds. Goodluck

Ok that's what's up ima get tha oil today thanks

Controls 4 fungus gnats

Hang some yellow sticky traps close to the top of ur medium because fungus gnats feed on ur plant's roots. If in soil u can apply a soil drench to kill the larvae in the soil, they're the ones that do damage. After the soil dries out u'll see a bunch of small rice shaped white things in ur soil. I believe its either their larvae or an exoskeleton left behind from metamorphosis. Neem is not that effective as a spray for fungus gnats. Mosquito dunks work as well as a product specifically made for them called Gnatrol , found at hydro stores (I've had success with the Gnatrol). Good luck. U can cover ur rockwool to prevent algae. I think ur supposed to do that b4 it shows up not sure. I'm a soil kinda guy myself. Hope some of this info helps u. :peace:

Re: Controls 4 fungus gnats

Hang some yellow sticky traps close to the top of ur medium because fungus gnats feed on ur plant's roots. If in soil u can apply a soil drench to kill the larvae in the soil, they're the ones that do damage. After the soil dries out u'll see a bunch of small rice shaped white things in ur soil. I believe its either their larvae or an exoskeleton left behind from metamorphosis. Neem is not that effective as a spray for fungus gnats. Mosquito dunks work as well as a product specifically made for them called Gnatrol , found at hydro stores (I've had success with the Gnatrol). Good luck. U can cover ur rockwool to prevent algae. I think ur supposed to do that b4 it shows up not sure. I'm a soil kinda guy myself. Hope some of this info helps u. :peace:

How does that Gnatrol stuff smell? I was gonna try that tell i got some free pure Neem Oil from india. It smells old coffee with poo. but the place has been Gnat free ever since i opened the bottle lol. I don't think the gnat can thank the smell lol hell i could barely take it. The smell will last for at least 4 days. I do love the natural shine it leaves on the plant after use and Pure Neem oil is safe on the root. I pour some mixed with pure water in my medium (rockwool, worm casting w/perlite) to stop the eggs from hacthing and i guess it worked. They say it takes 4 days for Gnat larava to hacth and the gnats their live no more than 72 hours. its been almost a full week since i used the neem and im gnat free :) and it a natural product so my plant is still looking good. I like to keep thing s as natural as possible if i could help it.However my place still kindof stinks

Gnatrol

How does that Gnatrol stuff smell? I was gonna try that tell i got some free pure Neem Oil from india. It smells old coffee with poo. but the place has been Gnat free ever since i opened the bottle lol. I don't think the gnat can thank the smell lol hell i could barely take it. The smell will last for at least 4 days. I do love the natural shine it leaves on the plant after use and Pure Neem oil is safe on the root. I pour some mixed with pure water in my medium (rockwool, worm casting w/perlite) to stop the eggs from hatching and i guess it worked. They say it takes 4 days for Gnat larvae to hatch and the gnats their live no more than 72 hours. its been almost a full week since i used the neem and im gnat free :) and it a natural product so my plant is still looking good. I like to keep thing s as natural as possible if i could help it.However my place still kindof stinks

Gnatrol comes from a natural source as well. Bacillus thuringiensis (Bti) is a naturally occurring bacteria (soil born although said to have been discovered in a stagnant pond) that is toxic to mosquitoes, flies, gnats, and other insects (source blackfly: Bti). Gnatrol is said to release a protein that paralysis the gnat larvae preventing them from feeding and killing larvae within 24 hrs.

I don't remember which means it mustn't smell too bad. All the shit stinks to me honestly. Neem, fish emulsion, sulfur, pyrethrum, everything basically but the nutes and water, lol. Neem had the buildin smellin like an indian restaurant for a few days. This stuff I use for PM (Serenade) stinks too. Pure neem is dangerous for newbies IMO. I've burned many plants trying to make neem work for me at different concentrations. I'll use a neem based product, but not the pure oil for spraying. But to each his own. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom