Going to start growing

Humidity has a fairly high range. One our peeps here will probably copy and paste a chart for you. I use 50-75% seedling, 50-65 veg, 45-60 flower. I struggle with humidity, these wonderful weeds take almost anything. If using soil, biggest issue I would say is proper watering. There’s a very good thread for that here. One of our awesome peeps could probably set u up with that thread too.
Edit: I must have been high because I meant to say “humidity has a fairly wide range”. I love dabs :cough:

Welcome to 420 magazine @mamak420,sorry to hear about the breast cancer diagnosis but you have certainly come to the right place for help and advice and like a few other growers have mentioned northern lights is supposed to be a good starter plant but there may be many other plants that may help with what you need, looking forward to you setting a journal up :goodluck:

Welcome, @mamak420. You have come to the right place to get help. 420 Magazine has a helpful, compassionate, knowledgeable, enthusiastic bunch.

You've told us about your breast cancer - and I'm sorry to hear about that - but you haven't told us exactly what you want cannabis to do for you. Sleep? Pain control? Anxiety relief? Nausea? Appetite? All of the above? Others?

If you know what strains you've tried in the past that may help or you could find a dispensary and try out a few different strains.

We will help you get this done. If you want something as simple as water when it needs watering then soil is a great way to go.

Humidity needs vary based on the stage of the plant - seedling, vegging, flowering - and generally decreases in that order.

Welcome mamak to 420. Since you have a choice, I'd go for the closet grow. Humidity during the flower stage can be a fight, I think you can control it better in a closet grow.
Sorry about the cancer, but now it's time to kick it's ass.
The one thing to consider is what kind of budget can you afford when it comes to lights. LEDs run cooler for a closet grow and depending on how much your electricity cost per kilowatt is also something to consider.
My electric company has to be the most expensive in the country, thsts why I bought reflector LED lights. Plus their pretty cheap compared to others, with good results for growth and flowering stage.
Sending good vibes your way.

Wick :morenutes:

my lovely bank declined the purchase of seeds. I will send a money order but now most likely will be waiting 2 more weeks on seeds. ugh. I was thinking a soil grow. does soil not need nutrients? the only thing I have purchased is a ph meter and an RH/thermometer type thing mentioned earlier in this thread. I have a family member giving me some lights but I have no idea what type or brand they are. if I was to use just soil, what brand would be best suited for this? I also had a friend tell me to reuse my soil. that doesn't sound too logical to me, so I thought I would run it by you guys to see what you have to say about it. I'm mainly concerned with pest issues and/or nutrient issues...

It’s a nuisance that some seed suppliers just seem so coy about doing business. I dare say there are good reasons. Maybe they have crazy audits and they want to keep their international customers anonymous. IDK.
Don’t worry about nutrients until your seedlings become young plants. You have a month or six weeks before you need to find grow nutes. Then when they go into flower use bloom nutes (see, even stoners can do this).
There are cautions on reusing soil - mainly to do with spreading infections. I always make sure I’m cleaning and bleaching pots I want to reuse. That said, the ‘high brix’ growers (search 420 for that) talk about ‘cooking’ their soil for weeks between runs. Not sure what the heck that’s about (further research required) but I do know that one of their goals in growing is to leave their soil better than they found it, which is amazing.
I use canna terra pro soil and it’s great for me. I still add nutrients though.

"Cooking" the soil allows microlife to break down the nutrients into useable form for the plants.

Hi everybody!

I have finally decided to start growing, and I don't know where to start. I know it against the rules to tell me where I should get seeds, but what strain should I start off with, I have never grown anything before, and I constantly kill my tomato plants LOL. I don't want to do that with these, so any advice? is there a watering schedule I should be following?

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2017, my dr would not let me get a card. it's now legalized in my state for recreational use. I can't sleep without it, I can't eat without it. I really need to make this work.

Thank you to anyone who responds.
Welcome mamak :hug: to 420 :ciao:

@carcass it stays around 85 in there so ill have a couple of fans, but the problem I think I'm going to have is humidity so ill have to keep an eye on that, I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it yet or how to measure it.

I'm checking out your journal on your low budget grow to get some ideas.
I have an intake fan for cold fresh air and an exhaust fan to expel the hot air...controls humidity just fine if you have speed regulated fans:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom