Going to start growing

mamak420

Hi everybody!

I have finally decided to start growing, and I don't know where to start. I know it against the rules to tell me where I should get seeds, but what strain should I start off with, I have never grown anything before, and I constantly kill my tomato plants LOL. I don't want to do that with these, so any advice? is there a watering schedule I should be following?

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2017, my dr would not let me get a card. it's now legalized in my state for recreational use. I can't sleep without it, I can't eat without it. I really need to make this work.

Thank you to anyone who responds.

Welcome Mamak420 to 420 magazine.
What type of weed are you buying that helps with your pain . You can bet on being able to find that thread to help with your grow , plus all the help from numerous growers . Sorry to hear of the cancer . I know you can make this work , you came to 420 magazine!

I honestly have no idea what I've been smoking. the bag was labeled ct. BUT that's the main reason I want to grow myself. yes, it will save me money which I need to do, but also I will know exactly what I'm smoking. I just need somewhere to start, I don't know very much about it.

Welcome. There's a thousand decisions you're gonna have to make. Indoors or outdoors? Sunlight or grow light? Soil or soil-less? Organic or Bottled nutrition? Etc.

To give you the basic responses to your questions...Northern Lights is usually suggested as a "beginner" plant. Hardy, grows stout, good yield, good strength, plus it's an indica and if you're using it for pain relief, sleep, and appetite stimulation, indicas are probably gonna be what you're wanting.

Where to buy seeds? Check the site sponsors. I'm partial to The Vault Seedbank or Seedsman myself.

Good luck on your venture. Growing can be addicting.

:welcome: To the site! I’m sorry to hear about your diagnosis of breast cancer. Yes like others have said many choices to make. Keep it simple for your first grow, expand your knowledge on the second grow. Marijuana plants are very versatile plants. I look forward into seeing what you choose. Check out the sponsors link underneath my post to see where a person can begin. @carcass has a great example of a budget DIY grow and how easily it really can be done. :thumb:
Good luck, and I will be seeing you around!

Welcome to 420,mamak420 :welcome:
Tough news about the cancer...Lets see if we can get you a little relief...
@SeedsMan is a sponsor here,they've got some good medical strains available,and they're easy to buy from.
TheVault is another supplier with a good selection
I've bought from them both,and was extremely happy with their service,and their seeds...
Since it's legal where you are,are you planning on an outdoor grow,or indoors?
Outdoors is cheaper,but you can't grow year round like you could indoors...
Indoors you will need to spend a bit on equipment-Lights,Grow Tent,Fans,etc.
You'll also need to decide what medium you'd like to grow in-Soil,Coco,Hydro,etc.
Soil is a good choice for a beginner.

You'll probably want to do some reading on here to get some Idea of what's involved
with growing our favorite weed-It's easy to grow,but there are right ways and wrong ways to do it...
We'll be here to help you out,since that's what we do, but you will need to research some things before deciding how you would like to do this.

It would be a good idea to have the equipment you need,and a plan in place before you germinate any seeds-some folks get some seeds going,then they ask "What now?"-It's much
better to have your setup all figured out and ready first,then start the seeds growing...

I'm sure others will join in here to help get you started-I've just mentioned a few basics here-
Good Luck on whatever you decide to do,and I hope you kick that cancers ass!

:welcome: Welcome to the fun! Trust me, I am horrible at growing anything outside. In my tent, with the help of the great community, I'm coming along! You'll do great!!!

Be Groovy! :Namaste:

thank you so much, guys! I will check out the sponsors.

Vermont law says I have to grow inside behind lock and key and can only have 2 mature and 4 immature plants at a time, that makes me a bit nervous as to controlling when they go to flower, and when to start new seeds, clones.

I have been watching Pigeons 420 on youtube getting my youtube education on. I'll order some seeds and keep you all updated. I have to figure out some cheap lights and ventilation. the room I'm going to be growing in is an attic made into a bedroom, no insulation and very sticky in the summer. im hoping i can keep it controlled in there though.

very sticky in the summer.
How hot does it get in there? Cannabis prefers it 80f or below...it can handle an occasional hotter day of higher temps,but trying to keep it at or a little below 80 is ideal....well,maybe not ideal ,but my growbox is usually 80 and my plants do ok -sometimes you have to go with it,even if it's not perfect....
If it's going to run hot in there,a few more fans will help with the heat (a little)

Welcome @mamak420! You're in the right place. Much like yourself, I am brand new to growing. I have yet to germinate a seed. A month or so ago, I just started reading this forum during my down time. I feel so much more educated now, in just that short amount of time, than I thought was possible. I'm still a noob and a novice but I have used the experiences of all of these fine growers to make some more educated decisions for my upcoming grow. There is so much information on this site that it can be a little overwhelming but just keep reading. It will all start coming together and making sense.

I too, look forward to your upcoming grow journal.

Welcome. Read about seed strains. All kinds of variables to consider. I live by KISS with my grows. Keep It Simple Stupid! It can be as complicated or as simple as you want. Don't be intimidated as it is a weed, literally. Ask questions.

I do have a closet that would probably be a much better space, maybe I'll just go that route, but the temp would probably be too low honestly, around 70-75.

Lights will probably raise that 3-6 degrees depending on type. Sounds ideal to me.

Welcome Mamak420, the others have given you some good pointers... main thing is to read, read, read and keep it simple. No one started off as an expert grower, we all learned as we made mistakes :thumb:

A hygrometer measures relative humidity (RH) here's one.
1562011607190.png

Hi mamak. A lot of people growing for medical reasons.
.. you don’t have beans in soil yet, but already help is here for you. Be encouraged.
And welcome to your new home away from home.
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom