Good Morning/Afternoon Everybody!

GrowThings

420 Member
I'm new around these parts, I've been growing for about 9 months now, I have two 4x4 tents with 2 x 450w Viparspectra's and 1x 600w Mh+Hps I have 6 autos (3gal) in one of the tents and 4 feminised (5gal) in the other.

I started off in a pre-nuted soil and when the nutrients seemingly ran out I started using Advanced Nutrients and the result I got was decent for a first timer, I now grow in coco for the time being.

I have learned a hell of a lot in the past 9 months and I'm looking forward to learning more, I am thinking about moving to DWC or Drip & Drain hydroponics and away from coco as it's a bit of a nightmare getting rid of the old coco, watering, draining, etc.

I will soon start to make videos and tutorials for users who need help as I did in the beginning.

Thanks for reading, stay blazed!

:welcome: to the forum...

it's a bit of a nightmare getting rid of the old coco, watering, draining, etc.

I disagree. Coco is probably the easiest way to grow. Automatic watering is simple to set up. I set one up for under $30 USD. A small pump, either the handheld, battery powered variety, or one powered by a wall wart easily takes care of the drainage. I pump it out only once per week. Coco can be re-used. I use mine for three grows before replacing it. The used coco can be used in the garden, or dried and put out with the organics for composting.

:welcome: to the forum...

I disagree. Coco is probably the easiest way to grow. Automatic watering is simple to set up. I set one up for under $30 USD. A small pump, either the handheld, battery powered variety, or one powered by a wall wart easily takes care of the drainage. I pump it out only once per week. Coco can be re-used. I use mine for three grows before replacing it. The used coco can be used in the garden, or dried and put out with the organics for composting.
Thanks Old Salt, it depends entirely on your situation, Simply buying the Coco puts me at risk in the quantities that I purchase it if anyone saw me carrying it into the place I live it would be immediately obvious what's going on, I don't have a garden, nor anywhere to compost, so getting rid of 300 litres of Coco can be very tricky. I literally have to blend a bin bag full of leaves/stems and pour them down the toilet at the end of each cycle.

I will probably have to get a friend to drive me somewhere to spread the Coco in a forest or something, it's a lot of work and unnecessary exposure when I could be working with plant matter which I can easily dispose of at home, water, and enough clay pebbles to fit in a rucksack for easy disposal.

Sounds like your in a non legal state like mine? That's one reason I decided to get into the activist side of things, so I can grow my meds legally without having to worry about being covert and sneaking around to do things like dispose of waste products like that. That sucks my friend, I really hope you can come up with some easy solutions to your problems of waste management.

I wish I had some logistical solutions to help your situation but each situation is different and dependent on your surroundings. Maybe think about scaling back your grow some to accommodate your current needs and conditions? That's about the only advice I know to give you but ultimately it's up to you to do what you need to do to keep yourself safe from prying eyes, after all you know your personal surroundings better than any of us do. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Good luck and welcome to 420 Magazine my friend :welcome::passitleft:

I use the Canna Coco Bricks. They are discrete, and high quality. The bricks are about 15cm x 20cm x 40cm and expand to 40 liters. I used two nine liter bags of perlite with each brick.

300 liters of combined coco/perlite is enough for more than 20 indoor plants. I use less than 11 liters per plant. Four plants in a 120cm x 60cm x 150cm (2' x 4' x5') tent has yielded 8 oz, or 220 gm of dried and cured flower per grow.

I'd be more worried about disposal of the leaves and stems, increased power bills, increased water usage, or odor giving me away than the disposal of the used coco. A DWC grow will use two to three times the water a coco grow uses for the same number of plants.

Sounds like your in a non legal state like mine? That's one reason I decided to get into the activist side of things, so I can grow my meds legally without having to worry about being covert and sneaking around to do things like dispose of waste products like that. That sucks my friend, I really hope you can come up with some easy solutions to your problems of waste management.

I wish I had some logistical solutions to help your situation but each situation is different and dependent on your surroundings. Maybe think about scaling back your grow some to accommodate your current needs and conditions? That's about the only advice I know to give you but ultimately it's up to you to do what you need to do to keep yourself safe from prying eyes, after all you know your personal surroundings better than any of us do. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Good luck and welcome to 420 Magazine my friend :welcome::passitleft:
Try a non-legal country! Haha I think my best bet is to turn to hydro, it'll benefit me in so many ways, not to mention increased yields once I get into the swing of things.
I use the Canna Coco Bricks. They are discrete, and high quality. The bricks are about 15cm x 20cm x 40cm and expand to 40 liters. I used two nine liter bags of perlite with each brick.

300 liters of combined coco/perlite is enough for more than 20 indoor plants. I use less than 11 liters per plant. Four plants in a 120cm x 60cm x 150cm (2' x 4' x5') tent has yielded 8 oz, or 220 gm of dried and cured flower per grow.

I'd be more worried about disposal of the leaves and stems, increased power bills, increased water usage, or odor giving me away than the disposal of the used coco. A DWC grow will use two to three times the water a coco grow uses for the same number of plants.
Didn't know Canna do bricks to be honest, I get the 50L Canna Coco Professional bags normally. Too bad you can't easily press it back into a brick and toss it into a bag! :')

I got the disposal of leaves/stems covered (Blender), I got power covered (Simply called the electric company and explained that I want to find a cheaper tariff as I am running high end gaming computers + bitcoin mining rigs during the night rate - Calls are all noted on the account so if anyone checked it would explain my usage and deter suspicion), and as far as I'm aware nobody in my country has ever been busted because of high water usage..

Think about the quantity of water a bath uses, if I had two baths per day that would be way more water than a RDWC system would use, even with a 100L tank in my opinion..

Try a non-legal country! Haha I think my best bet is to turn to hydro, it'll benefit me in so many ways, not to mention increased yields once I get into the swing of things.

I hear ya and most people believe that once the US becomes fully legalized nation wide, the rest of the free world will fallow suit eventually, sooner if not later. It's a house of cards effect.

I fully believe that once the "Bible belt" here in the southeast part of the US finally catches up and legalizes that the house of cards will come crashing down hard but I'm predicting us to be the last of the holdouts.

That's why I'm fighting the way I do against the establishment so that EVERY Cannabis lover everywhere from all walks of life can live without fear ever again!

Hang tough my friend, I'm out here fighting for you too :high-five::passitleft:

I hear ya and most people believe that once the US becomes fully legalized nation wide, the rest of the free world will fallow suit eventually, sooner if not later. It's a house of cards effect.

I fully believe that once the "Bible belt" here in the southeast part of the US finally catches up and legalizes that the house of cards will come crashing down hard but I'm predicting us to be the last of the holdouts.

That's why I'm fighting the way I do against the establishment so that EVERY Cannabis lover everywhere from all walks of life can live without fear ever again!

Hang tough my friend, I'm out here fighting for you too :high-five::passitleft:
Well we are taking steps in the right direction, Police forces are no longer targeting small growers they're going after the big boys. And we have CBD flower legal here now, although you cannot grow it.

Welcome to the 420 forum.

Well we are taking steps in the right direction, Police forces are no longer targeting small growers they're going after the big boys. And we have CBD flower legal here now, although you cannot grow it.

Wow, are you sure your not in Georgia? Sounds kinda close to our laws here, except it's CBD oil thats legal on a very limited basis and you can't get it because you can't grow Cannabis here and you can't bring it in across state lines legally either so no one seems to know how to get it, that, and even a single seedling of any Cannabis can land you in prison for up to 20 years so, well maybe your laws are a little more relaxed than ours but not much by the sound of it

I will say that within the city limits of Atlanta they've decriminalized now so under an ounce it's just a $75 fine and nothing goes on your record so at least that something for the better now....Baby steps people, baby steps, lol

Wow, are you sure your not in Georgia? Sounds kinda close to our laws here, except it's CBD oil thats legal on a very limited basis and you can't get it because you can't grow Cannabis here and you can't bring it in across state lines legally either so no one seems to know how to get it, that, and even a single seedling of any Cannabis can land you in prison for up to 20 years so, well maybe your laws are a little more relaxed than ours but not much by the sound of it

I will say that within the city limits of Atlanta they've decriminalized now so under an ounce it's just a $75 fine and nothing goes on your record so at least that something for the better now....Baby steps people, baby steps, lol
Haha land of tea & crumpets! :p I think here it's anything with less than 0.5% THC can be bought legally, I quite like CBD weed it's a very light high which I prefer to extreme paranoia aha!

I think if I got caught they wouldn't do much with it being for personal medicinal use, selling it is a whole different ball game.

I'm new around these parts, I've been growing for about 9 months now, I have two 4x4 tents with 2 x 450w Viparspectra's and 1x 600w Mh+Hps I have 6 autos (3gal) in one of the tents and 4 feminised (5gal) in the other.

I started off in a pre-nuted soil and when the nutrients seemingly ran out I started using Advanced Nutrients and the result I got was decent for a first timer, I now grow in coco for the time being.

I have learned a hell of a lot in the past 9 months and I'm looking forward to learning more, I am thinking about moving to DWC or Drip & Drain hydroponics and away from coco as it's a bit of a nightmare getting rid of the old coco, watering, draining, etc.

I will soon start to make videos and tutorials for users who need help as I did in the beginning.

Feel free to check out my Grow Diaries account my username is GrowThings and if you use Instagram drop me a follow @Grow_Things.

Thanks for reading, stay blazed!
:welcome: to :420: GrowThings...
I had the same problem when I started...stealth was my goal...I decided to go organics...I got 3 - 50 gal bins (walmart) 1 for cooking my soil...1 for already cooked and usable soil...and the last was my breakdown bucket I mixed Cannazym with to break down roots so I could re amend and reuse.....Now I have an outside compost pile...but I also have a vegetable garden outside to use it in...so no unnecessary or unwanted attention...

Back
Top Bottom