Grape Ape - 2000W - Swick Watering

DAY 12 FLOWER

Just WOW im blown away at these beauties. Punta Roja and Champagne are the %100 sativas and they are so happy. the Grape Ape is a nice short n stocky plant and is ready to pop!

currently getting a major heat wave and despite what i do its 87 in my room with lights OFF. they seem unaffected!

IMG_34699.jpg
IMG_34708.jpg
IMG_34739.jpg
IMG_34749.jpg
IMG_34758.jpg

DAY 19 FLOWER

Hey thanks chenzi!

Just got my refractometer in the mail. I am NOT using doc buds kit however I have been curious about my brix levels without it and the results are quite nice at 11 Brix!

the level is more distinguishable when viewed in person
image29281.jpg
image29277.jpg

For anyone who doesn't know:

When used on plant sap it is primarily a measure of the carbohydrate level in plant juices. The instrument used to obtain a brix reading is the refractometer. Refractometers come in two basic styles, optical and digital. Both types work great. Here is how a refractometer is used: squeeze out some sap from a plant, put 2 drops of the juice on the prism, close the prism cover, point to a light source, focus the eye piece, and read the measurement. The brix reading is indicated where the light and dark fields intersect.

What part of the plant is used for taking a brix reading? Whatever part you eat if it is ripe. If it is not ripe take the most recent mature leaves that have had full sunlight for at least 2 hours. Ideally measurements should be taken at the same time of day as you compare throughout the growing season.

A refractometer measures the amount of bend or refraction in the rays of light as they pass through the plant sap. This is why a brix chart is more properly called a Refractive Index of Crop Juices.

What causes light to refract as it passes through plant sap?

The amount of carbohydrates in the juice.
The amount of dissolved minerals in the plant sap.
The amount of covalent bonding.

High Brix Plants Are Insect And Disease Resistant, they have greater mineral density, make better tasting foods and have higher carbohydrate levels.

Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It’s not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim.

William Albrecht

DAY 21 / WEEK 3

Three weeks into flower, still have never given them any nutes.

Tested my grape ape and found a reading of 13 brix!

Decided that since I am about 1/3 done that I would sprinkle some worm castings as top dressing for each plant then lightly water to get it to seep in.

Gave them the last foliage feed last Monday as well. Flowers are getting puffy and I don't want water to sit in flower pockets to mold.

image29480.jpg
image29478.jpg
image29477.jpg

Nice! Love that you're getting readings that high with a SWICK. I'm growing for the first time right now using 1/3 FFOF, 1/3 Light warrior, 1/3 HF in a 10 gal swick. Don't know what my brix levels are yet--hell, I don't even know if it's a "she"! But (She)'s 4 months old, scrogged to fit almost the entire 4x2 tent, and flipped for a week now. No sign yet, getting nervous!

DAY 26 FLOWER

Smelling amazing!

-noticed an issue though

Upper and lower leaves have turned lime green and petioles are turning purple. Some of the lowest have shown rust spots and have even fallen off. Some upper leaves closest to the main cola have upward curling fringes.

I believe this is a cal/mag type issue so I have mixed 2 TBS into one gallon sprayer. I sprayed them last night and today. Fingers crossed.

image29773.jpg
image29774.jpg
image29775.jpg

Hey man I'm super new to this and don't know much, but I've read others in what looked like very similar situations try 1 tspn/gal of epsom salt with the next watering?

Not sure if that's the route to go here, but maybe someone with better expertise can chime in. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom