Grape Ape - 2000W - Swick Watering

DAY 29 FLOWER

flowers are getting bigger. Some plants looks super strong while others show lighter leaf color. I may begin a feeding regime with Roots Organics. They are %100 organic. I will feed unless they show sign of over feeding.

image29888.jpg
image29889.jpg
image29890.jpg

DAY 31 FLOWER

Another very noticeable bud swell overnight!

This swell comes about 4 days after I fed them from the top with:
Roots Organics: extreme serene, Buddha grow & bloom, HPK, about 10ml ea per gallon and I added some Epsom salts.

I didn't realize when I made my soil blend that 3.8 cu ft bale of peat moss becomes close to 6 cu ft when broken up. So I prob. Should have added a third nute pack to this blend.

It was nice for about 3 months all I did was fill the swick res. Wife had a baby 2 months ago and it has saved my but loads of time.

I will no longer be filling the res. and I will be feeding from now till the end.

image30051.jpg
image30052.jpg

Got me there with strain selections and refractometer. I grew Grape Ape this season already, she finished on 17 Brix. I also have few Colombian Punto Rojas from Cannabiogen outdoor. If you want to get better and better Brix with time it's good to recycle soil adding more organic calcium and magnesium. Also you have to stray away from veg/bloom nutes that contain over 1% of potassium. Hope that helps. Good luck :thumb:

Is there a brand you prefer for the cal/mag amendment? Also why the less than %1 potassium? Thanks for stopping in!

Got me there with strain selections and refractometer. I grew Grape Ape this season already, she finished on 17 Brix. I also have few Colombian Punto Rojas from Cannabiogen outdoor. If you want to get better and better Brix with time it's good to recycle soil adding more organic calcium and magnesium. Also you have to stray away from veg/bloom nutes that contain over 1% of potassium. Hope that helps. Good luck :thumb:

I use volcanic rock powder, lithothamnium and food grade calcium carbonate. You shouldn't leave too much potassium in the soil, cause plant will uptake it first, and you want her to take calcium instead as this is what builds High Brix tissue.

Good luck on her outdoor, I actually have one that started flowering naturally already :thumb:

Hi Kronic!

Just blasted through your journal and you have a beautifully clean setup. From veg to flower. It's very nice to see. I learned a few things about what I should do to my veg room from your journal. Thanks for that!

Your girls are looking gorgeous. It's obvious you have a loving passion for them!

Can't wait to see you finish them up! :adore:

Thanks for the pos feedback pigeons420!

The outdoor just started showing pistols but I live close to the ocean and I'm certain powdery mildew and bud rot will be issued later but I'll keep her going.

Hey there HealingChronic!! Awesome journal here man!! Love the little jungle. Growing in a similar method with swick, fabric pots, and super soil!! Couple of things I have learned while learning how to grow in living soil is that even though your calmag may be "organic" your soil does not enjoy it!! Really messes with the micro life. I have switched to gypsum for my calcium (and bonus sulphur too) and molasses every now and the or when she wants it. I usually put molasses in my AACT and all is good there. Another bonus of using gypsum is if you have a salt build up issue the sulphur will help reverse the effects (had this problem my self and fixed her right up). Another thing I noticed was that you take your smaller car tic pots with and plant them right into the next pot?!?! This is new and I am very intrigued!! Have you done this in the past? Are there known benefits? I'm very curious because long time ago I watched a YouTube video with a guy from Netherlands who she transplanted he would just sit the root ball on top of the new 3/4 filled pot and kinda covered the root ball partially. But he got these massive bark like "air roots" as he called them. Kinda looked like the bottom of a tree that is by a river or something. I'm wondering if it does something similar??

Any who your grow looks awesome and I'm excited to see your results!!! Best of luck sir!!

thanks Outragedpluto and welcome! :Namaste:

this is the first time i have ever even tried the fabric pots so no never done the one bag inside the other thing before. as i was about to transplant i remember taking my medicine and thinking "what if" and so goes many of my ideas lol. same thing happened with the swick method. this is my first try with that as well... and i love it!

i know the roots found their way to the new soil though because i had to remove many roots from the bottoms of the five gallon bags. they were dippin into my perlite which is no bueno because there is no oxygenation in that res so you will get root rot. my big sativa had a handful of water roots and they smelled like rotten eggs so i removed them just in time!

i know what you mean about the "air roots". i have noticed over the years that the roots closest to the base of the stem become uncovered with waterings and get that bark like look. never considered it a desirable trait until reading your comment. neat thought but i wonder how true it is.

I hang my head in shame that I haven't been here supporting you from the beginning. This is a screaming success for utilizing the SWICK and I couldn't be more impressed with how you operated it.

I'd like to watch you finish out the run, if I may?

i could never exclude a member of the month from my journal! especially sweetsue!

stumbling upon the swick journal of sweetsue put this entire thing in my head to begin with! lol and the timing couldn't have been better because my wife gave birth on june 10 and we are newb parents so the plants wouldn't have gotten the attention they needed.

after seeing your smaller scale swick, i knew i just had to try it on a larger scale. also, how deep of a res is most beneficial...

i know the answer is 8" because mine is 12" deep and i let the plants sit in the res without topping it off for almost two weeks before i noticed leaf droop. but when i dug down into the perlite the water level was sitting at 4" and the upper 8" were bone dry. so i figure 8" deep with a 7" water level is optimal and i will make new res boxes for next run.

Do me a favor. Share that on the SWICK thread.

And congratulations on your entry into life's course in unconditional love. Baby breath. Ahhh. :love:

Congrats on the bundle of joy, Kronic!

What an exciting time for you and your wife! I'm sure you guys are busy. Just remember that those precious little gems grow up so fast! Appreciate every moment, including the bad ones. Because you're going to look back and judge yourself and your actions. Not to mention you child is going to spend the next 3-5 years watching and learning from mommy and daddy. Their going to know you better than you know yourself. Their also learning how to be people. And you're their best example.

I wish you luck. I'm 4 years into parenthood and my little man has taught me more about life than I ever anticipated. It's been a positive life changing experience.

With love,

Back
Top Bottom