Grape Ape - 2000W - Swick Watering

They tend to be 80 for first few hours then as the night cools it drops to about 75-77 area. But I run my lights at night 6pm-6am to help cool the temps from the lights.

The plants were right about 60 days in veg. I don't base my flip time on age. I try to flip when they are about 20" tall. Brings any typical plant to a 3-4 foot finishing height.

Most likely temps but could be also pheno related!

if you feed you put the feeding also in the perlite res?
:cheer:hk:cheer:

no but i dont worry about the excess running off into the res however i try not to. i feed with about 1 gallon each.

it would be near impossible to change the res water so i dont want it to get funky.

Correct. I feed every 4th day and I do it when the res is already low because the runoff tends to fill the res up again.

I use 5 gallon geo pots but some will tell you to use 7 gallon bags. IMO that's overkill. Good rule of thumb is you need 1 gallon per 1 foot of vertical growth and since my plants don't really get bigger than 4 feet im good up to 5 feet.

I'm not worried about washing the perlite before I use it again. The green algae that grows is harmless.

BONUS BUD PICS! lol
image30988.jpg
image30987.jpg

:hookah:

I also use 5-7 gallon geo pots. I'm finding that they typically dry out a lot faster then traditional pots. I'm watering every 2 days and ,also as you, feeding ever 4. (That's a lot for such big pots if you ask me)

I agree with the perlite. That green shit is probably more good then bad.

DAY 47 FLOWER

ive been amazed at the sativa growth! looks stunning and the grape ape is smelling sooo tasty!

GRAPE APE
image31129.jpg

CHAMPAGNE
image31130.jpg

PUNTA ROJA
image31131.jpg

GRAPE APE
image31133.jpg

BUD ROT... Yup about 4 of my grape ape cola's have been hit with rot. i was able to salvage a few buds after removing the rot spots. i noticed some up the most upper leaves around the cola looked dry and twisted and when i barely tugged on the ugly leaves the rotted bud tops came right off. i sprayed some SNS fungal killer on all the remaining bud sites.
image31132.jpg

17 DAYS REMAIN (for grape ape at least)

It's a top smoke :tokin: I like this old school kick, skunky spin but with indica bottom. Mine smells now very pungent with pineapple and lemon on the top and nutmeg, sweet mint or pine at the bottom. How is your RH? Maybe it's too high.

not as fruity as yours sounds mine is more like that sugar smell that lingers in the air in a candy store lol

RH was the deff problem. im usually right at %60 but i live a few blocks from the ocean and thick fog rolls through every night.

i put my large dehumidifier in their this morning so i think i will be ok

Cool, man. That'll do it :thumb: I forgot to say I waz talking about one alread jarred. I think she smelled of mango in flowering. I don't remember :tokin: :laugh:

DAY 48 FLOWER - WEEK 7!

14 Days remain before i chop the grape ape. that puts them a week past 60 days and its the first chance i will really have to do so.

The sativas i imagine will take an extra 2-3 weeks to finish fully. we will see how that goes because i have 8 new grape ape clones to get into the big room and under a MH.

CHAMPAGNE
IMG_38365.jpg

PUNTA ROJA
IMG_38345.jpg

GRAPE APE
IMG_38336.jpg
IMG_38325.jpg
IMG_38307.jpg
IMG_38296.jpg
IMG_38287.jpg
IMG_38258.jpg

tight internode spacing on the outdoor punta roja! looks like a kings crown