GreenKitty's 2nd Grow - Shining Silver Haze by RQS - CFL - Soil

Today I'm going to do a big final flush, from now on no more food, I figure she's 2 or 3 weeks away from harvest. After it'll be just a small watering, I'm planing on harvesting her when she's already getting a little dry and also so the humidity in the closet gets lower towards the end as I've heard that lower humidity boosts trichrome production.

Here she is before the flush outside having some sun for a while :)

IMG_20150330_151239.jpg

EDIT: Week 9 of flower almost, day 62 to be exact, so yeah 11-12 weeks of flower should be enough :) Week 13 overall, day 95.

Hey, this is going to be a bitter post so here's a nice bud shot to not start so bad

IMG_20150330_214727.jpg

I got home today and I looked at the plant and immediately was sad to see some mold in a bud... My house is really humid to begin with and I think that there was just too much humidity, the room the closet was in must have had too much humidity and the air from the closet went to the room, so without a proper exhaust, and too much humidity mold formed. I guess I didn't have problems with my last plant because it was less dense and way smaller, sadly some 5 to 10 grams went to the trash...

There was more this was the first picture I took
IMG_20150405_182212.jpg

And so with no solution in my mind, and being 1 to 2 weeks away from harvest, and thought it pained me because I know she would pack some nice weight until then I harvested today. Examined all the buds closely to be sure there was no more mold, and they are now drying in a protected from the light place outside though lots of wind can still get to it and it'll be windy for the next couple weeks.

Some extra info: the hygrometer inside was always at about 50 to 60% humidity, it was just some build up on some places, having a good exhaust would take care of that. I had no hygrometer on the room but it felt like about 60 to 70% humidity. Additionally because of all the humidity is this shitty house we have a huge mold problem on the ceilings and even coming down the walls... So yeah, maybe it's surprising that I even got away with one grow and was lucky having this one go as long as it did.

IMG_20150405_182252.jpg

These were like the greenest buds in there, so yeah definitely too early right? But what do you think about them, do they at least have decent THC on them? Because they look like they don't have much of anything else.
IMG_20150405_182302.jpg
IMG_20150405_185604.jpg
IMG_20150405_185621.jpg
IMG_20150405_185658.jpg
IMG_20150405_185650.jpg

Didn't do any early weight, wish me luck that there's no more mold and that I have a nice dry and cure.

Thank you all for everything, this was definitely a great learning experience, I'll be stopping while I'm at this house and when I move will invest in proper exhaust and have a room just for it, so after this grow I'm stopping for a while but I'll come back bigger and better :) Until then I'll lend some advice to anyone that I think might use it :)

my condolences

Because they're been drying outside with huge amounts of wind and it was quite warm some days, but always with wind and they were protected from the sun, they are dry now, I'm just waiting for some jars to dry to put them curing.

So final weight is 45 grams, but the plant did have at least 5 grams more that had mold, and with another week or two I think I could have hit 60 grams on this plant with only 86 watts.

But we do have some final conclusions. First if you have humidity problems in your house, humidity might help in the beginning and be fine during veg but when the buds come you need to exhaust air from the enclosure to outside the house, and probably and intake of air too. To elaborate more on my conditions I will tell you that the room where the plant was was closed, almost always closed and I couldn't open it for reasons that I don't want to elaborate here, so the air in the room got too humid, the enclosure got air and exhausted air to the room, and the room didn't have very much air circulation, looking back this is clearly a big issue but I didn't think of it at the time. But because of the legal state in many places, don't just hide the plant in some room and have it closed all the time, you will be risking mold issues. So for my next grow I will have it in a place with less humidity and have an exhaust so the air in the room the enclosure is in doesn't get saturated with humidity.

Second is that I'm really limited by my lights, you can do all the LSTs you want and train your plant super hard and do all that you can but in the end the most you can make out of 86 watts is probably around what I took, which is 50 (counting the ones that had mold and had to be trashed) to 60 grams (having it another week or two).

So in the end I got around what I got in my first grow with the auto, it is a bit disappointing but I know I was screwed by the mold and could have done around 55 grams if it was not for that, so I did do more with my 86 watts of CFLs.

So what do you guys think?

Because they're been drying outside with huge amounts of wind and it was quite warm some days, but always with wind and they were protected from the sun, they are dry now, I'm just waiting for some jars to dry to put them curing.

So final weight is 45 grams, but the plant did have at least 5 grams more that had mold, and with another week or two I think I could have hit 60 grams on this plant with only 86 watts.

But we do have some final conclusions. First if you have humidity problems in your house, humidity might help in the beginning and be fine during veg but when the buds come you need to exhaust air from the enclosure to outside the house, and probably and intake of air too. To elaborate more on my conditions I will tell you that the room where the plant was was closed, almost always closed and I couldn't open it for reasons that I don't want to elaborate here, so the air in the room got too humid, the enclosure got air and exhausted air to the room, and the room didn't have very much air circulation, looking back this is clearly a big issue but I didn't think of it at the time. But because of the legal state in many places, don't just hide the plant in some room and have it closed all the time, you will be risking mold issues. So for my next grow I will have it in a place with less humidity and have an exhaust so the air in the room the enclosure is in doesn't get saturated with humidity.

Second is that I'm really limited by my lights, you can do all the LSTs you want and train your plant super hard and do all that you can but in the end the most you can make out of 86 watts is probably around what I took, which is 50 (counting the ones that had mold and had to be trashed) to 60 grams (having it another week or two).

So in the end I got around what I got in my first grow with the auto, it is a bit disappointing but I know I was screwed by the mold and could have done around 55 grams if it was not for that, so I did do more with my 86 watts of CFLs.

So what do you guys think?

Well firstly, two ounces from 86 watts of CFL is very impressive and nothing to be disappointed about. Not to mention you obviously know what you're doing when it comes to growing so that is something else to be very proud of. Congrats on your harvest, I'm sure it will prove to be a potent and worthwhile harvest :cheesygrinsmiley:

RE: Humidity

You are completely right when it comes to Humidity, plants in Veg like 50-80% Humidity and that really helps them grow... When in Bloom you'll need to bring that down to 20-30% Humidity, my Bloom Tent never gets above 35% RH. However I know the pain you are suffering, as my Veg Closet has NO ventilation.. I am forced to keep that door cracked (no problem, just my roommates in the house and it's legal here haha) but when someone accidentally closes it all the way, it isn't long before my RH in there gets above 100% haha.

Definitely need to work out some sort of venting system for your closet, even a small computer fan vent would do you a world of good. Do some research based on your limitations, I am sure you will figure it out :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

I also must let you know, your buds look BEAUTIFUL. That in itself is something to be very proud of. So in conclusion, I would only be happy with how your grow turned out. Minus the mold problem it went pretty smoothly I would say! :cheesygrinsmiley:

PS: You pulled over .5 g/watt which people with expensive set ups have trouble doing sometimes.

Well firstly, two ounces from 86 watts of CFL is very impressive and nothing to be disappointed about. Not to mention you obviously know what you're doing when it comes to growing so that is something else to be very proud of. Congrats on your harvest, I'm sure it will prove to be a potent and worthwhile harvest :cheesygrinsmiley:

RE: Humidity

You are completely right when it comes to Humidity, plants in Veg like 50-80% Humidity and that really helps them grow... When in Bloom you'll need to bring that down to 20-30% Humidity, my Bloom Tent never gets above 35% RH. However I know the pain you are suffering, as my Veg Closet has NO ventilation.. I am forced to keep that door cracked (no problem, just my roommates in the house and it's legal here haha) but when someone accidentally closes it all the way, it isn't long before my RH in there gets above 100% haha.

Definitely need to work out some sort of venting system for your closet, even a small computer fan vent would do you a world of good. Do some research based on your limitations, I am sure you will figure it out :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

I also must let you know, your buds look BEAUTIFUL. That in itself is something to be very proud of. So in conclusion, I would only be happy with how your grow turned out. Minus the mold problem it went pretty smoothly I would say! :cheesygrinsmiley:

PS: You pulled over .5 g/watt which people with expensive set ups have trouble doing sometimes.

Thank you so much for everything <3

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom