GreenKitty's 2nd Grow - Shining Silver Haze by RQS - CFL - Soil

Max is right, Sativas and especially hazes take a long time to flower. It's worth the wait tho ..

I wouldnt be surprised if you hit the 18 / 20 week mark, a lot of sativas are known to be harvested late november outdoors

Sometimes even double the time an average indica needs

my intention was not to scare you tho

just relax and don't worry about it
it will do its thing, the important thing is that it's healthy and strong :goodjob:

That's awesome! Well you've done a great job, I am looking for some 1:1 THC:CBD strains to grow that my girlfriend can smoke and not have her anxiety effected by. Pre-98 Bubba lookin pretty good :cheesygrinsmiley:

Anyways, since she is mostly Sativa her stretch at the beginning of flower will last about 3 to 4 weeks, so pistils will probably start poppin' out a little later than an Indica Dom and wayyy later than an Auto. I'm just speculating so someone else can feel free to stop by and put in their input.

Max is right, Sativas and especially hazes take a long time to flower. It's worth the wait tho ..

I wouldnt be surprised if you hit the 18 / 20 week mark, a lot of sativas are known to be harvested late november outdoors

it will do its thing, the important thing is that it's healthy and strong :goodjob:

Thanks guys, I just wanted to check if it was something weird or not. I'm whiling to wait :)

The road so far:

adfs.gif

Sativas do take longer, and Indicas shorter. But once you've crossed them, those standards go out the window. The genetics then determine length of flower cycle, not the percentage of Sativa/Indica. The breeder states this particular strain will run 9-10 weeks, which is a bit shorter than a 70% Indica I grew, that SHOULD have been a shorter flower time if we were going by Indica dominance, but took a full 11 weeks to be fully cloudy with no amber.

Kitty that little GIF thing is wicked cool! That's a great way to show off the progress of your grow in one place.

Sativas do take longer, and Indicas shorter. But once you've crossed them, those standards go out the window. The genetics then determine length of flower cycle, not the percentage of Sativa/Indica. The breeder states this particular strain will run 9-10 weeks, which is a bit shorter than a 70% Indica I grew, that SHOULD have been a shorter flower time if we were going by Indica dominance, but took a full 11 weeks to be fully cloudy with no amber.

Kitty that little GIF thing is wicked cool! That's a great way to show off the progress of your grow in one place.

Thanks for stopping by and by the information :) She is in flower now and has lots of pistils everywhere.

--

53rd day. My 1st auto grow, had about the same pistils on day 41, but was way smaller, so I vegged this one more which I think is normal for a photo because they can yield more? Am I right on this? And I saw buds on the auto at day 55 so I guess I'll have buds starting on day 68, so I guess that this one will run for another 6 to 7 weeks, to make up a about a 14 week run. I probably vegged her for more time than RQS did on their run, but in their page they say about a 9 to 10 weeks run and 55 to 65 grams per plant under a 600w light, if I get about the same dry weight, over 14 weeks with 6 times less light, I'll be pretty happy (still on 86 watts but should add a 23 watt 2700k in about a week, so 109w).

So yeah, I'm hoping to make more that 45 grams which was about what my last one did, she was 48.7 when I started curing but still sweat out a gram or 2 during the cure.

In the end my dream target will be 55 grams, that'll be right on the expectations of the seedbank, it'll just rung 4 weeks longer, but with 6 times less light, it'll be waaaaaay more efficient! :3

EDIT: Antics I was writing this reply as you wrote yours ahah ^^

Thanks for stopping by and by the information :) She is in flower now and has lots of pistils everywhere.

--

53rd day. My 1st auto grow, had about the same pistils on day 41, but was way smaller, so I vegged this one more which I think is normal for a photo because they can yield more? Am I right on this? And I saw buds on the auto at day 55 so I guess I'll have buds starting on day 68, so I guess that this one will run for another 6 to 7 weeks, to make up a about a 14 week run. I probably vegged her for more time than RQS did on their run, but in their page they say about a 9 to 10 weeks run and 55 to 65 grams per plant under a 600w light, if I get about the same dry weight, over 14 weeks with 6 times less light, I'll be pretty happy (still on 86 watts but should add a 23 watt 2700k in about a week, so 109w).

So yeah, I'm hoping to make more that 45 grams which was about what my last one did, she was 48.7 when I started curing but still sweat out a gram or 2 during the cure.

In the end my dream target will be 55 grams, that'll be right on the expectations of the seedbank, it'll just rung 4 weeks longer, but with 6 times less light, it'll be waaaaaay more efficient! :3

EDIT: Antics I was writing this reply as you wrote yours ahah ^^

Hey GreenKitty! Firstly let me say your little lady is looking very pretty! That LST is awesome, nothing more gratifying then coming back in a couple of hours and seeing all of those tops reaching straight up for the light!

Let me see if I can help answer some of your questions! Just to be safe, I wouldn't compare this grow to your Auto grow, Autoflowering plants work on a limited genetic timeline, they're gonna flower at Day X regardless of anything. Photoperiods are (as I'm sure you know) all based on your decision!

In general a Photoperiod Cannabis strain will yield more than an Autoflowering Cannabis strain... unless you (the grower) grow it in a way that resembles an Auto strain.... As far as budding goes, it really depends on the Genetics of the strain.. In your case Super Silver Haze (Northern Lights x Haze x Skunk #1) is a Sativa strain. It looks as though it would be Indica Dominant, however RQS bred a specific Sativa Dominant Skunk #1 for their own uses. Haze being a crazy stretcher, plus the Sativa influences from Skunk #1 have obviously shown themselves in your plant. Considering it has been stretching for 3 weeks now, and is just startin' to pop out pistils. I wouldn't be surprised if it stretched for another week. You will see good bud formation around week 5 is my guess.

I am growing a Warlock (Afghani x Skunk #1) and the Skunk #1 genetics are super obvious, and look really similar to your plant. So I can attest to the weird stretch time lines, mine stretched for over 3 weeks.

I believe 55 grams is more than possible from this beautiful lady, especially after all the awesome care you have given her. I hope all of this info helps! Lookin' real good, you're almost there!

Agreed.

As for times to harvest.... Autoflowers count the whole time from seed to harvest (although this number has never been accurate for me)
Photo strains count from the 12/12 switch. So even if you Veg a plant for 1 month, or 1 year, the countdown to harvest doesn't start until you switch lighting to 12/12, and even then it's not 100% accurate, just an approximate guide for when it might be ready.

Don't be tempted to do any more LST now that she's building flowers. That'll confuse the hormones.

Looking like she's in the groove! :thumb:

Don't be tempted to do any more LST now that she's building flowers. That'll confuse the hormones.

Looking like she's in the groove! :thumb:

For those that might not know (myself included) When calyxes and pistils begin to form, should the LST be left where it is and then removed after stretch, or be removed completely as soon as pistils are visible?

I've always left my LST where it was, and slowly removed it after stretch was over, or for the stubborn branches, I would slowly loosen it, until the branch stays at an acceptable height, and then remove it.

I always leave mine in place and never thought much about it ... :hmmmm:

It seems to me that the branches should remain stable and in their usual position while the blooming hormones are in charge -no sense in diverting energy to grow branch tissue. And I hesitate to move tops up and down, especially when it's just beginning to bloom - later, not so big a deal. The most I'll do is bend a few eager tops out and down, 4-5 inches from the top, in a downward loop, sorta. They'll spring back, but that will divert hormones to the lower tops, and even to the lower bud sites on that stem, for a few hours. I guess that's still LST but very mild and temporary. Moving an entire branch around, or adding stress to the branch, doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

... Although super-cropping works fine in bloom ... :hmmmm:

... dunno ... maybe my ass has been talking ... :bigblush: :blushsmile:

the sativa stretch is real, that plant looks like 2 girls :circle-of-love:

Today's update:

The stretch is real, but I guess the LST is realer xD I just flattened the top a bit and it looks so flat and good :3

WP_000837_14.JPG

Also did some defol:

WP_000841.jpg

How she is now, you can see her really spreading through the whole closet, just like I want her to :3

WP_000840_16.JPG
WP_000838_15.JPG

That's a very healthy looking plant - beautiful color! :thumb:

Four 2 in 1 sockets and four more bulbs would do your grow a world of good ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom