GreenKitty's 2nd Grow - Shining Silver Haze by RQS - CFL - Soil

That's a very healthy looking plant - beautiful color! :thumb:

Four 2 in 1 sockets and four more bulbs would do your grow a world of good ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

I must agree with Graytail on this one, not to mention I feel even better backing up what such an experienced grower has to say rather than suggesting it myself, take it from him! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Also, you might want to be careful with defoliation while a plant is stretching... It hurts their stretch and most people wait until a few days after stretch has ended to do their defoliation. From what I can tell you didn't take enough off to hurt her significantly, just figured I would put in those two cents :cheesygrinsmiley:

She is looking as pretty as ever! +reps :cheesygrinsmiley:

That's a very healthy looking plant - beautiful color! :thumb:

Four 2 in 1 sockets and four more bulbs would do your grow a world of good ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

I will get her another 2 bulbs but I can only do so in a week :/ But I do understand that the bottleneck in this grow is the lighting, I could also have a 3 part nutrient solution instead of just 2 but the lighting is bottlenecking this grow waaaaaaay more.

Also, you might want to be careful with defoliation while a plant is stretching... It hurts their stretch and most people wait until a few days after stretch has ended to do their defoliation. From what I can tell you didn't take enough off to hurt her significantly, just figured I would put in those two cents :cheesygrinsmiley:

She is looking as pretty as ever! +reps :cheesygrinsmiley:

Well grow and learn I guess :) Another thing to add to my long lost of things about growing these wonderful plants :3

My logic on the defol was to take leafs from the bottom that aren't getting much light anyway to focus the energy of the plant on the canopy and the flowers. This was also because I have only 86 watts.

But I think she's coming along okay for having so little light. Maybe next grow I'll go with some HPS lighting *wink wink* eheh just teasing you guys, probably not, but if this grow goes well, who knows :p

EDIT: I will probably just use more CFL as adding more CFL now is way less expensive than buying HPS equipment, I think ^^

Sorry it took so long to get another update but I went for a quick vacation for some days :) I came back and omg look at those buds :3

WP_000909.jpg
WP_000907.jpg
WP_000908.jpg

And overall

WP_000912.jpg
WP_000911.jpg

I have to compliment you on your canopy, GreenKitty!

It has a nice wide spread and very little depth - perfect for CFLs. :thumb:

Hey there guys, we're on day 81 already and I think she's still almost a month away from being finished, but I think she's looking good.

Though I have photos from about a week ago and I'll show those first:

WP_000912.jpg
IMG_20150309_184721.jpg
IMG_20150309_184644.jpg
IMG_20150309_184839.jpg

And now for the photos I took today:

IMG_20150316_114919.jpg
IMG_20150316_114938.jpg
IMG_20150316_115050.jpg

I did some defol to get more light to the buds and you can see more of them now compared to my last update, she's starting to pack some weight but it's still early as there aren't any calyxes yet.

Unfortunately I can't add more lights :( Maybe in a couple weeks but the chance is low, but what do you think? If I could get another 40 watts just a couple or 3 weeks shy of ending would it make a difference? Because it's so close to the end I don't think it would make that much of a difference and I wouldn't want to spend on any more CFL because maybe I'll use different lighting next time. What do you think?

And also how long do you think she's away from being ready? Is a month still too soon?

I think it would make a difference even over 2-3 weeks, and it wouldn't be a waste as it would still be the best way to go for veg and early flower next time around and the extra weight at harvest will pay for it. you could possibly even find 2-4 new bigger globes to save on having to buy new fittings. Everything does look very nice and healthy, you have done very well :thumb:

really nice :)

Okay from now on I'll tell the days since flower, today is day 50 of flower (day 83 overall, switched on day 33) I think she's a little slow compared to other grows I'm following but she only has around 80 watts of light.

My last grow (which was my first) was an auto and was way faster than this one, though it was an auto so she's supposed to be faster. I think someone told me that hazes are slower or something is that also why this one is taking this long or it's the low wattage of the lights or all things combined? This grow is 20 days behind the auto (like the auto was at this stage when it was 56 days overall). But I also vegged this one for almost 5 weeks.

She doesn't show calyxes yet.

Photos

As you can see the lights are pretty close to the plant (the other two I put higher or the phone camera wouldn't see anything):
IMG_20150318_125559.jpg

IMG_20150318_124056_17.JPG
IMG_20150318_124441_19.JPG
IMG_20150318_124613_18.JPG
IMG_20150318_130121.jpg

watt only affects your yield

its natural that she takes her time, she is sativa dominant, even as a hybrid it should take up to 3 months.

from the looks of it you gonna need 5 to 6 more weeks

she looks pretty healthy good job :thumb:

^^ What he said, although low light will make 'em take longer, too. But a typical sativa runs 10-14 weeks.

In a couple weeks, she's going to have a lot more sparkle. :thumb:

That's an impressive plant for only 80 watts! +reps!

Some updates, I've flushed the soil a couple days ago to not have any problems with salts, she had a bit of under watering, I was waiting until 5 days and then I would forget for like 2 or 3 days and then water but not enough for like 2 weeks, but she didn't seem that bad, though each time I watered she would get all covered in water after the night, this is nor because of temperatures, I figure she would put increase the pressure that makes the water come to the leafs to desperately try and get some moisture, then she would get lots of water and she would pull too much water from the soil. So I fixed that and possible salts with the flush, I will also be more careful now, water on time and water her well. She's only got like 2 feeds left and a flush before the cut. Can't wait! I think I'm going to hit what I did with the auto but by how much I don't know. If I could hit a around 75-80 grams that would be so incredible, it would make it around a gram per watt! Would that be super crazy?

Some photos (I forgot to mention I changed phones, my new phone is a lot better but the camera is kind of shit :/ )

We can now see some calyxes starting to grow :)

IMG_20150323_174453.jpg
IMG_20150323_174035_1.jpg
IMG_20150323_174718_20.JPG
IMG_20150323_173923.jpg

Day 55 of flower.

She is looking GREAT! Those pistils are a beautiful brown color, a very pretty lady you have in your home :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

You're well on your way to some beautiful buds Kitty, I ca guarantee you wont be disappointed... and on top of it you have more than earned it :cheesygrinsmiley:

She is looking GREAT! Those pistils are a beautiful brown color, a very pretty lady you have in your home :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

You're well on your way to some beautiful buds Kitty, I ca guarantee you wont be disappointed... and on top of it you have more than earned it :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thank you so much for all the kind words <3

frosting up real nice :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom