Greetings

Allow,~~~I say, Allow me to introduce myself! CVS (Cornelius Von Silverback) First time grower. Excited to learn from all you good people!
Welcome to 420 my friend. :welcome: Have you got a garden on the go yet.
Tell us what you have going on and we will be more than happy to assist any way we can.

I'm 23 days into my first ever grow. Deep water/Aeroponic system, Blue Dream Feminized seed. The pressing question at the moment is, how far above the base of the plants do I put the netting? Also when to top the plants, and should I?
Thank you for your assistance.

I'm 23 days into my first ever grow. Deep water/Aeroponic system, Blue Dream Feminized seed. The pressing question at the moment is, how far above the base of the plants do I put the netting? Also when to top the plants, and should I?
23 days into veg from cracking your beans, I assume. From what I've seen scrog is about 12 inches above base. But I don’t run scrog so ill ask a scrog hydro grower to help. Any thoughts @GoogleGenie .
Definitely should top your girls at least once for sure, if you have more time in veg you can top more.
Wait till you get 5 nodes before you top her though.

23 days into veg from cracking your beans, I assume. From what I've seen scrog is about 12 inches above base. But I don’t run scrog so ill ask a scrog hydro grower to help. Any thoughts @GoogleGenie .
Definitely should top your girls at least once for sure, if you have more time in veg you can top more.
Wait till you get 5 nodes before you top her tough.

Oops sorry feken phone triple posted

Thanks for the tag @Bill284

Hey @CVS

If you ScrOG i suggest you top your plant. Ideally the 5th node. Personally I top my seedlings if they are going under a net or are due to be flowered. My mothers I might let them off and supercrop them instead, but i rarely keep mothers, so i pretty much top all seedlings now.

In terms of where to put the net, it depends really on the height of your plant. I usually mount it right on top of them as low as it will go, but giving you room to access the bucket if you need to. Anything from 12" i'd say.

You probably won't need to put the screen on for a while, you could probably train them by tieing them down, and put it on when they get bigger. Up to you.

I usually dont ScrOG in Veg but rather put the screen on either right before Flower or a week into it.

Welcome man! I suggest Starting with some pics with good natural lighting, you'll get better advice and attention to your threads that way.
Happy growing! it's so fun isn't it?

Allow,~~~I say, Allow me to introduce myself! CVS (Cornelius Von Silverback) First time grower. Excited to learn from all you good people!
I thought your name is hove

And welcome @CVS :welcome: Forgive me, i responded with a little haste earlier. As the others have, i recommend you start a journal. We have them linked in our signatures :peace:

Thanks for the tag @Bill284

Hey @CVS

If you ScrOG i suggest you top your plant. Ideally the 5th node. Personally I top my seedlings if they are going under a net or are due to be flowered. My mothers I might let them off and supercrop them instead, but i rarely keep mothers, so i pretty much top all seedlings now.

In terms of where to put the net, it depends really on the height of your plant. I usually mount it right on top of them as low as it will go, but giving you room to access the bucket if you need to. Anything from 12" i'd say.

You probably won't need to put the screen on for a while, you could probably train them by tieing them down, and put it on when they get bigger. Up to you.

I usually dont ScrOG in Veg but rather put the screen on either right before Flower or a week into it.

Welcome to 420 my friend. :welcome: Have you got a garden on the go yet.
Tell us what you have going on and we will be more than happy to assist any way we can.
I'm as green as they come, so pardon my dumb questions please. I'm nervous about topping, and I'm pretty sure that a couple of them are ready. I keep reading about the 5th node. Am i correct that you are counting 5 branches up from the bottom, and then cutting above that?

I'm as green as they come, so pardon my dumb questions please. I'm nervous about topping, and I'm pretty sure that a couple of them are ready. I keep reading about the 5th node. Am i correct that you are counting 5 branches up from the bottom, and then cutting above that?
Not a silly question at all Cornelius!

Essentially, yes, you count 5 nodes, starting from the first single set of serrated fan leaves that came out. When you get to 5, you just pinch the top off.

Let me try and get you a picture.

I probably toped sooner then the 5th, when the plant seem vigorous enough its fine by me.
Doing things for the first time is existing and all, I get it, but don't worry much about it. It no big deal.
Adding some pics of my toping.
Try removing only the new growth with your hand, no need for a harsh cut
20201221_002142.jpg
20201219_094952.jpg

So i see the first 3 nodes in this picture, counting the shoots from the bottom
As soon as i get to 5, i pinch the top off, but try not to damage the little flowers either side, they are what will come up like this. But as @Dabeast09 said, experimenting is half the fun :)

Back
Top Bottom