greets from new zealand!

Alkhemist

hi all!

im a grower from down-under ;] have been growing with soil/organics for 20 years or so, outdoors then after about 10 years moved to indoor fulltime.. and now, finally after 20 odd years, have moved to hydroponics- why it took so bloody long i have no idea hahahah i suppose soil seemed so much easier but now that i have become enlightened that is definitely not the case!
ive been a smoker of this wonderful herb for 25 years and consider cannabis an essential item within any self sufficient(medically speaking) medicinal arsenal... im a HUGE supporter of herbal remedies across the board and make various tinctures, creams, balms/salves etc for my family and friends.. and friends of friends ;] its amazing how many ppl are willing to explore genuine alternatives to that provided by the "white coated gods" who charge exorbitant amounts of money and leech off sick ppl (financially speaking) after learning many years ago that the medical institution really has no interest in "curing or cures" but keeping ppl sick so as to perpetuate a source of income, i turned to learning more about herbal application and complimentary therapies and have continued to do so since the mid 90's. upon expressing my disdain for the alopathic medical establishment i must admit that there are obviously many many doctors out there who are genuinely wanting to help others.. but in my experience these are few and far between.
i am a local supporter for the legalization of cannabis and hemp and attend local meetings and gatherings when ever i can, one of my best friends is the local "norml" representative and i must admit a great cook of hash and cannabis delights! hash self-saucing puddings, hash fudge and cakes etc etc yummy!! :D
ive grown from small indoor closets to commercial environments, from 1-2 plants in the closet to 80 6-7 ft plants in each room(5 rooms with 10-20 600-1000W hps in each room, cloning and mother room, veg rooms etc) scrog grows(and variations e.g. stadium scrog etc), sog, and many other methods of growing... basically, i have been constantly growing for as long as i can remember- and i support other growers in any way i can- as i support the freedom of ppl to be able to choose to take this wonderful herb!!
ive finally moved into a top drip feeding hydroponic system and am looking to set up a much larger room after i see the results for myself of this system and grow.. im only starting with 4 pots but will upgrade to 8-10 per res asap.. moving into hydroponics- altho i have a great support network here locally, i am hoping to be able to draw upon the many experienced hydro growers here at 420 mag.
ive also worked in horticulture(pip fruit and stone fruit), viticulture and silverculture for 15-20 years and am currently a 'horticultural work place assessor' within hort and contract myself to local companies to make sure their cadets are assessed properly, know what they are doing, check that their work places are acceptable and that they have access to everything they need in terms of their own stages of learning and development especially within the new zealand horticultural framework.

thank you all and i am very happy to be part of this online community :]

peace

Ah ha!! Ive found you MOzzies, lingering among us!! Lol.. Aussie here:thumb:
Good to make ur aquaintance guys, members here are great, and full of very helpful info if needed.
So any questions, just ask about and you will most likely find what you need:) Anyways, take it easy - catch ya s around:)
Smokemup...;)

Hey alkhemist, :welcome: to 420 Magazine!

I think you'll find this is the best mmj community out there...dedicated to spreading awareness of the benefits of Cannabis. :thumb:

Our members are some of the most knowledgable and the most helpful anywhere, and I think you'll like it here!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to check out the guidelines: Forum Guidelines, they will assist you in navigating the forum. I also recommend you read through Forum Guideline FAQs before you get started.

Here are some other links that you might also want to check out:
Interested in growing Cannabis? :thumb:

One of the best places to start: How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know: How to Grow Marijuana
Grow support: How to Ask for Grow Support
Questions about your grow:
Frequently Asked Questions
How to grow marijuana forum: How to Grow Marijuana
MMJ lounge: Grower's Lounge

One of my favorite places to hang out: Grow Journals

Maybe information is your thing... :)

Cannabis and Hemp related news: 420 News
Just want the facts? Cannabis Facts, Medical Marijuana Facts, Industrial Hemp Facts
And who doesn't love science? Medical Marijuana Scientific Data

Need to learn how to upload photos, embed a video, add a link to your signature, etc.? It's all right here: Member Resources

420 Magazine's Mission Statement:
Mission Statement
Help support the cause: Help Support 420 Magazine

Also, please check out the monthly contests linked below in my signature, and feel free to participate by voting and/or entering...you can win some really cool prizes!

There's so much information here, that it can seem a bit overwhelming at times...hopefully these links will help get you started, and please feel free to ask if you need any help!

:Namaste:

:) No probs bro!
Yeah back in the 90's things were still ok here, but as it got close to 2000, things got shitty - FAST!!
We used to be able to have fun with no drama s or any major punch ons, but now when ya go out we got 16-17yr olds tryin to act staunch toward us old skool guys, and once ya say sumthin to em, you can see em thinking, ' Ahhh maybe i shouldnt f#$k with this guy'...
But lately in the past month, my friend has had his new motorbike stolen and torched, then a group came and smashed his lounge windows while his kids there- they dont have enuf dash to fight one on one - he went out and as 2 faced him one came from the side and threw a full stubby at his head, it split him, but he was ok luckily.. We went around town to sort it out, but then i found out theyre young, and even worse theyre living with an old friend who has dun jail, SHOULD HAVE SKOOLED em!
When i was young cos of my brother, i grew up with older guys to learn from, sure, some was not good:) But ethics, even tho i was a young thug, were instilled in all of us, and we all still click like that.. I try help some younger boys i kik it with em cruisin round, but theyre just into this whole fighting shit they try smash as much stuff as possible, not fight the person! And have ruin innocent ppl stuff.. Pisses me off, as i dont have much, but the things i have, mean alot and to some, me having 2 cars and one that looks good, causes envy..And combined with stupidity and alcohol, leaves lots of room for potential probs.
Anyways, enuf crap about that, soz mate, got stuck on a RANT!! Lol..
But if you have any questions about growing. there are plenty of great ppl on here, so help isnt far away!!
TAke it easy bruz, will chat later.. Smokem..

yeah bro i hear ya!! the youth culture has changed considerably and with more and more access to violent literature/films/music, negative online content etc we see the effects of it on our children, younger siblings and younger generation, its sad to see with the advancements in technology we arent seeing too much positive change in society! not for want of trying tho!!! im positive about things generally.. and know that at the end of the day the change i want to see in the world- begins with me... "be the change you want to see in the world". you're doing a good thing trying to influence those young fellas in a good way and i wish you all the best with that!

Hi all just wondering if anyone can help me? I want to build a recirculating drip system like alkhemist. I do no want to keep the res in the tent. It's a 54 litre res what size pumps should I use? Someone have a checklist? Lol thanks

Back
Top Bottom