Groundhog Extermination

Trewalker

I had what I think was groundhogs take out about a dozen plants. Any of you kind folks have a sure fire way to get rid of the critters ? Whatever eat my weed eat stalk and all, so I don't think it was deer. I plan to replant with some autoflowers, which means I'm not goofy enough to have a firearm in the area. waiting on the groundhogs. Thanks for any help. :peace:

Lead poisoning is the only sure way I know of.

Peace & Great Growin`
YR

Lead poisoning is the only sure way I know of.
YR

I'm afraid you're correct. In the past I have just poisoned and been done with it. I'm at a point in my life I'd rather use less invasive fixes. I may just find another place to plant, or I may pick up some chicken wire at the farm supply and give that a go.
I had hoped someone here that knew of a certain odor that would keep them away, but guess not.

Hi Trewalker,

You might check a farmers co-op kind of store (Walmart might carry something as well) for some type of "predator" urine spray. I have also read of people scattering used kitty litter around.

We have an issue currently with moles and I'd like to get rid of them without killing them if possible.

While it could get pretty crazy and time consuming doing it Turtle Man style, I did see some soniq frequency devices that are supposed to keep them out. Just not sure how they would work with dogs if you have any and not sure about ours, but it might be worth a try. Have you checked the local hardware stores like Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, etc.?

Double lining the bottom of the area you are growing in with chicken wire, sounds like an excellent idea to stop them from getting to it from below. This would allow the roots to continue growing downward and through. I may try that when we build the next garden area and I'll chime back in if anything works for us.

Good luck, hope this helps.
:Namaste:

[video=youtube;Nz0MctqMNhk]
[/video]

I had moles in my yard last year, those sonic freq things work well, if you have a large yard you may need more than one. I have a dog and he did not appear to be annoyed by the sonic thingy.

We have an issue currently with moles and I'd like to get rid of them without killing them if possible.

While it could get pretty crazy and time consuming doing it Turtle Man style, I did see some soniq frequency devices that are supposed to keep them out. ]

@420 if its reasonably windy where your moles are it might be worthwhile in experimenting. a scaffold bar sunk a couple of foot into the ground with a large pinwheel attached is thought to be able to scare them away with the vibrations.

@Trewalker maybe you should invest in a remote control car to play with. groundhogs are really scared by noise and fast movement, if you scare them away a few times like this, they may not come back.

@Trewalker maybe you should invest in a remote control car to play with. groundhogs are really scared by noise and fast movement, if you scare them away a few times like this, they may not come back.

If it were only that simple. The weeds are shoulder high to me, and I'm 6' 5". Thats what makes it such a great spot, plenty of sunshine to hit the plants, but enough high vegetation to make it tough for the chopper to find.

:high-five:

Tiger Poo...

Scares most animals away & works to reasonable extent... think of it as scent of dominance in the animal world !

As i work in zoo at the moment i ask the big cat keepers for their animal poo & give out to friends etc who keep ducks/chickens etc to scare away the fox's... works pretty well :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom