Grow #2

OmittedGrower

Welp, it's that time of the year ladies and gentle man. And you know what that means!!! it's time to start up the garden. Yayy!!!

I've learned a few things from last year and ready to take another swing at it! This year I'm doing things a bit differently.

This year im going with an outdoor super soil, EB Stone recipe 420 soil, to be exact. I'm doing 45 gallon smart pots , and going with EB Stone organic neutrients(bone meal, blood meal, sul po mag) for targeting any deficiencies and topping off phosphorous and potassium during flowering if needed,and the bone meal for extra phosphorous and root development during transplanting, and foxfarm marine cuisine for an all over fertilized once the soils built in fertilizer runs out.

So far I've picked up my 4 clones (x2 blue dream, x1 blue cookies, x1 dogwalker og) and put them in there little 1 gallon starter pots with some old soil from last year with a little bit of suuuuuuuper diluted nutrients added in (because the soil didnt have any neuts as is) I've been putting them outside at the crack of dawn and bring them inside and under lights at night to keep a 24 hour light cycle for now. (Silly me got the lights to close and bleached one plant leaves a little bit already been corrected and looking good still. One of the blue dreams didnt fair well to being transplanted into its starter pots and got some crispy brown spots on some of the older leaves but new middle growth looking good, so not to worry. Other than that I've just been letting them get acclimated and watering them at PH 6.3ish to 6.7ish.

I will be doing my best to keep this grow journal more update and more thorough information on what I'm doing this year, and will be posting pictures shortly!

If you have any comments, notes, advice, concerns, friendly criticism or just want to say hi please leave a comment.

Thanks for reading and stopping by!!

-Zach

20200424_122233.jpg
20200424_122218.jpg
20200424_122221.jpg
20200424_122224.jpg
20200424_122227.jpg
20200424_182713.jpg

Short little update.

These are my clones (blue pots = blue dream, silver pot = blue cookies, tan pot = dogwalker OG).
They're sitting on home built stands about 1.5 feet off the ground (help with pest control, and to not kill our yard under the plants)
I've sprayed the stand and surrounding areas heavily with home defense bug killer amd repellant and let it dry (learned the hard way last year about pests).
That is the line up if neutrients I'll be using to top off my super soil later in its life and and target deficiencies if any occur. I also picked up some extra pumis to add to the mix for when I mix in my filler soils to the super soil.
I'm also using a water PH wand and a 4 in 1 soil PH, fertility, moisture, and light meter. I'm using these to keep close tabs on the acidity of my soil and ensure I dont go into PH lockout like last year. (Not shown: PH down, some cal mag, I also have FF's cha ching and beastie bloom but not planning to use those last two this grow at all)

Thanks for reading! Please feel free to leave any friendly criticism, concerns, comments, or to just say hi . Have a great day!

-Zach

Is privacy a concern at all? I can see those growing well over the fence line when the stretch hits
not really, i was thinking the same thing and am planning of cutting maybe a foot or so off the legs to lower the stands, but not worried about possible neighbors seeing it. ive got about 25 feet till the neighbors house, plus their yard drops down about a foot, and they're pretty cool neighbors lol. definitely does not show to any street view though, that would be problematic.

not really, i was thinking the same thing and am planning of cutting maybe a foot or so off the legs to lower the stands, but not worried about possible neighbors seeing it. ive got about 25 feet till the neighbors house, plus their yard drops down about a foot, and they're pretty cool neighbors lol. definitely does not show to any street view though, that would be problematic.
plus to my advantage they have trees just on the other side of the fence (that are starting to get bigger and put on their leave) that will help block the view of my "trees" :D:thumb:

Cool sounds like your good to go then. I was going to suggest a couple toppings if height was an issue but it sounds like your fine. I prefer to just let my plants grow natural and do their thing. I’ll hit em with some LST and a lollipop but that’s it. Are you planning on any training techniques or anything?
Oh yes definitely doing some LST, gonna try and bush em out as much as I can. Last year i tried topping and LST between 3 plants and was very happy with the LST over topping (not that I think topping is bad or inferior), so ima go with that again this year. Probably some wire support cages and tie down wire to get them to grow out and up

Small little update.

So I've been bringing the plants in at night, using a halogen light to keep them in veg, wasnt happy using halogen cause they're not good light for plants. So I got a maxisun 1000w LED grow light to use while they're inside for the night (and possibly inddor grows in the future), and but boxes with foil on them to make reflectors for a make shift growing area.

I've noticed the Dogwalker OG is still not looking so hot out of the 4. It doesnt look to be dying, but it's just not taking off as quick as the other 3 and still has some white and brown on the leaves here and there (I think it's from halogen lights, light burn/ light bleached slightly) so I'm still keeping a close eye on that one for now.

Also today I gave them some water. Today I decided to mix up 1 gallon of water mixed with .5 tsp of ff grow big (1/4 recommended dose of a small feeding) and 1 tsb of molasses. (ff grow big was to help ensure the microbes and the plant roots arent fighting for the nitrogen, cause microbes will win lol).

Now I've got them in for the night under the lights, and playing the waiting game. The 2 blue dreams are looking really good, the blue cookies is looking a lot better, and the dogwalker OG is still not looking bad, but still hasn't started to take off yet, but then again they did get transplanted 7 days ago, so patience is a virtue lol .

20200427_190107.jpg
20200427_190131.jpg
20200427_190117.jpg
20200427_202934.jpg
20200427_204315.jpg

Please I'd anybody has any tips, friendly criticism, or comments, please I'm open to all . Thanks for reading.

-Zach

Day 8 grow update.

So today I ran over to "Grow Biz" and got some padded wire, and some green plant ribbon. I made little anchor stakes with the padded wire and used the green ribbon to tie the plants down at about a 90° angle (not crimped of course) and did started the LST. I did all except 1 blue dream that was just a bit small to start training for my comfort. So I'm gonna wait a week or so.

I'm slightly concerned about the dogwalker OG still, when I was doing LST the stem got a slight kink in it, not all the way through, just on one side but it's not severe, the plant can still hold its self up so I'm sure it's fine, its growth has still be very slow if at all compared to the other 3 plants. This plant is still teaching me patience lol.

20200428_165030.jpg

20200428_165040.jpg

20200428_194902.jpg

Week 2 (Day 9) Grow Update - Dogwalker OG struggles. . .

So today i made a big (and potentially fatal) decision for my Dogwalker OG.

After being in the soil for 9 days full 24 light cycle all other plants have been thriving with lots of new growth except for the Dogwalker OG. Even after some LST the top wasn't reaching for the sun even after 2 days. Also there was slight signs of nutrient burn on some of the leave tips. I recall when putting that plant in the soil the roots were long and strung together tightly out of the box, so i decided i would just plant it like that and see what would happen ( the roots pretty much just balled up under the plant.)

So today, i pulled the Dogwalker OG out of the soil (suuuuuper carefully) and examined the roots (no root rot and nothing noticeable that stood out). I then proceeded to surgically remove all the rockwool from around the roots (well as much as i could without disturbing the roots) to help lower moisture retention around the stock. then began to 1 by 1 unwind the tangled roots and spread them out in a circle around the plant evenly, right before placing the plant back into the soil I put some "Mykos Pure Mycorrhizal Inoculant" AKA "Mycorrhizae" on the roots and on the soil where the roots touched as well, then proceeded to cover the roots with some slightly more diluted soil and re-watered and re-tied down the plant for LST. . . I was nervous and scared I may have just killed one of my clones . . . .

But to my amazement, after only about 3 or 4 hours have past, the top of the plant has already begun to reach for the light a little bit!!!!!!!!!! :D The leaves are looking healthy still and haven't shown any new signs of stress on the plant yet.

I will continue to monitor this strain throughout the week and see how it reacts to its roots being separated and spread out better and with the addition of Mycorrhizae to the roots as well.

Thanks for reading and Happy Growing!!! :)

-Zach.

Quick question. If I have a small kink in the main stem from LST will it be okay in veg? I'd say it's a slightly less intense kink compared to super cropping kink. (There is 100% no split or brake in the stem), just light kinks during training) will it be okay to leave this way or should I do something to try to straighten the plant back up? I need to start its training though, it's getting really lengthy and not very bushy. I'm okay with a week or so of recover time if that's what it takes as long as it can stay in the shape.

@Emilya any advice on this situation?

Attachments

• 15882622222783721581733822206958.jpg
    15882622222783721581733822206958.jpg
    836.4 KB · Views: 36
Back
Top Bottom