1st Grow & Journal

Koolbudz

Strain = 2 World Of Seeds Afghan Kush (regular seeds)

Grow Medium = Miracle Gro Natures Care Organic & Natural Potting Mix (Sphagnum Peat Moss, Processed Forest Products, Coir, Perlite, Organic Fertilizer, Yucca, Alfalfa Meal, Bone Meal, Coir, Earthworm Castings, and Kelp Meal 0.15-0.13-0.15 )

Nutrients = General Organics (Go Box - none added yet just tap water from well)

Light = Vivarspectra V600 (have two only using one right now)

Tent = 48x24x50 (may upgrade to a big sucker soon)

Fan = single 6" (have another coming)

Warm Mist Humidifier and Heater = Its dry & cold here in MI right now

Day 0 ---- Soaked seeds in tap water for 30hrs or so in warm closet, then transplanted into wet soil on approximately 12/8/2018 under 4 Walmart T8's on 24/24 schedule

Day 1 ---- Germinated and grew till today 12/28/2018, had/have humidity issues, was around 20% humidity, plants didnt like that so thats when I added the humidifier which I have been struggling with getting the right numbers, fluctuating from 50-75% and temps from 70-82f

Day 20 ---- So from seed skip to today day 20, I watered plants very well and have now switched out the T8's for a Vipar V600 (both red & blue on) with plants approximately 29 and 30in from light and added one 6" clip fan. Switched from 24/24 to and 18/6 schedule which will shut off in an a couple hours so plants will only get a couple hrs of new light then get a rest. I have added no nutrients yet, will do that next watering. Did have a couple lower leaves which were bad from day 1 when I had real low humidity so I clipped them off (not sure if it was a good idea but I am learning).

Plants in their new setting
1228182230a.jpg

Good to hear. Mine was around 70$ from the zon. I'm sure it will be fine. I really wanted a 4x4 but have to stay in 60" height range for this space it's going in. So I settled on the 32"x48"

Good to hear. Mine was around 70$ from the zon. I'm sure it will be fine. I really wanted a 4x4 but have to stay in 60" height range for this space it's going in. So I settled on the 32"x48"
I have an area in my sunroom wife said I could use, its big enough for a 96x96x80.... If these go right I may get it unless she finds the receipt for my lights and stuff LOL

I'm trying to get some bag seeds to pop. Soaked for a day. Now in paper towels. The suspense is killing me. Soaked 4. I'm hoping for at least 2. They are mostly dark except one is pale in color.....you could go old school and strap it on top of the SUV. Maybe

I'm trying to get some bag seeds to pop. Soaked for a day. Now in paper towels. The suspense is killing me. Soaked 4. I'm hoping for at least 2. They are mostly dark except one is pale in color.....you could go old school and strap it on top of the SUV. Maybe

I didnt even switch my seeds to paper towel, I went straight from water to soil....

As for roof, I drive a ford, probably crush the tin can LOL

I'm a cheap bastard. I hate paying for seeds. I've bought plenty. Just wanted to try some bags seeds I had sitting around. Got them from a friend who had one Hermie and spit out nanners. So I'm told that they will all be fems because no real males were there. We'll see

I'm a cheap bastard. I hate paying for seeds. I've bought plenty. Just wanted to try some bags seeds I had sitting around. Got them from a friend who had one Hermie and spit out nanners. So I'm told that they will all be fems because no real males were there. We'll see
Probably true, but being from a plant that hermied, there is also a chance that this is a bad phenotype and they are all prone to going bad, and some growers believe that if the parent hermied, the offspring are much more likely to do it too, and those seeds are never used. Never know till you try!

My friend who grew the buds is a terrible grower. Not that I'm great either. But he's very neglectful. I'm sure they threw nanners do to environmental issues. Sometimes I wonder how he ever gets a harvest. Lol. His plants are battle tested. LMAO

Probably true, but being from a plant that hermied, there is also a chance that this is a bad phenotype and they are all prone to going bad, and some growers believe that if the parent hermied, the offspring are much more likely to do it too, and those seeds are never used. Never know till you try!
I'll be starting a journal in next couple of weeks and hopefully we all can see the experiment :)

Back
Top Bottom