1st Grow & Journal

I'm just going to give you my own opinion from my own experience. First I've tried miracle grow and had issues with it. I believe it has time released nutes somewhere in it. I did make it through the harvest, but it was never happy. Second get a pH kit with the drops and color chart. That will give you a comparison to the pH pen. To verify that it's kosher. Third if you can get a bag of fox farm ocean forest or happy frog dirt. Get it and up pot. After that no nutes for 3 - 4 weeks. Just ph'd water and proper Water schedule. You'll have no issues after that imo

1/2/19 Update

Help
0102191341b.jpg
0102191341b.jpg
0102191341b.jpg
0102191341a.jpg
0102191341b.jpg
0102191352.jpg
0102191352a.jpg

I still dont think that you have confirmed that you are letting them dry out all the way to the bottom between waterings... I know that you responded that you are using the lift method, but are you really waiting until you feel absolutely no water weight before watering completely? I still don't think I have read that you are adjusting these fluids to the low end of the pH scale either. If you can confirm both of these things I can get off of that track and try to figure out what else it could be since transplanting seems to not have helped.

I still dont think that you have confirmed that you are letting them dry out all the way to the bottom between waterings... I know that you responded that you are using the lift method, but are you really waiting until you feel absolutely no water weight before watering completely? I still don't think I have read that you are adjusting these fluids to the low end of the pH scale either. If you can confirm both of these things I can get off of that track and try to figure out what else it could be since transplanting seems to not have helped.
the ph meter i spent $90 was not good so waiting for new one...When i did ph the first round the ph read 6.3 but with water alone the soil ph meter i bought wouldnt read real well...it sits at 7 all the time unless u do a reading, when i did it went up to 7.4 but dropped back to 7. Today when I took those pics the one started to droop more, had come up a bit after transplanting in moist soil the other day but today when i got home was pretty droopy and very light weight. I just watered with 290ml in each and fed since i didnt feed with transplant....waiting to measure runoff now....

Ph definitely could be the problem, but I still suspect your watering method. Why 290ml? Why not fully saturate the soil to runoff and then wait till the plant uses it all, even if it takes several days?
I measured up 4cups of nutrients, in these little pots its easier for me to get good saturation without getting it all over...I went slow with syringe since my soil is very light and if i just pour a cup in it will flow straight thru..I measured a hair over 25% runoff, was shooting for 10% but missed the mark.

I measured up 4cups of nutrients, in these little pots its easier for me to get good saturation without getting it all over...I went slow with syringe since my soil is very light and if i just pour a cup in it will flow straight thru..I measured a hair over 25% runoff, was shooting for 10% but missed the mark.
ok, sounds like you are watering properly then... its got to be pH. Hope that new pen gets there quickly.

Well a little update.....

1/21
Growth seems rather slow, it was mentioned before how my plants should explode with growth after my other up pot, they did ok, but it seems they have put more into their root growth rather than into the work above ground. They have healthy color no issues I can see just slow growth. They had very large fan leaves and the side branches were buried and getting no light so I did a little trimming and the side branches did get thicker and have extended some. I also changed the distance from my light to get a little stretch but seems like not a whole lot going on.

I have read a few different bits of info on stretch and height info, some say 3ft tall indoor with 100% stretch, others say 9ft with a 200% stretch (pretty sure thats outdoors).

Probably going to let them go another 20 or 30 days, I believe its been 42 ish since they sprouted up.

Any advice, info, tips, suggestions?

World of Seeds Pure Origin Collection Afghan Kush
Afghan Kush - PURE ORIGIN COLLECTION - WORLDOFSEEDS
0121191751a.jpg
0121191751.jpg

1/30 update

Did a flush to see if I had any built up salts from feeding, dont think my plants liked it too much. I think it was the ph shift that upset them, so I gave them some food which drops the ph back to what they were used too.

My plan is to set to flower on Valentines Day Feb 14th, give them a little time to adjust since the flush/feed I just did and make sure all is still ok with them.

Does this sound like a good plan?

PhotoEditor_20190130_081224220.jpg
PhotoEditor_20190130_081301492.jpg

Update 2/7/2019

I do not think my initial flush was enough since I defoliated, it seems as though I am suffering from nutrient burn, not bad but I am now doing a heavier flush now. Put one baby in tub and have run 9 gallons thru her and have 3 more to do (rough estimate - 5 gal buckets filled about 3/4-7/8 full of water PH'd to 6.4).
0207191850c.jpg
0207191850b.jpg
0207191850a.jpg
0207191850.jpg

2/14/19

Been fighting nutrient issues, I believe I may need to feed heavier actually, after flush I got nailed with deficiencies even after feeding 1/4 strength right after flush. I fed about 3/4 dose two days ago and the issue has slowed so I will go full dose today...

I also just ordered 3 more LED lights to supplement my two 600w Vipars.... The new lights are just some $50 600w full spectrums, we will see how they work on my next grow.

New lights will go: ebay-vipar-ebay-vipar-ebay

6/3/19

Well after quite a while getting everything figured out, learning from scratch, losing 1 of my two plants (not before I was able to get 4 clones from those 2 plants) I am nearing the end.

Attachments

• 0603191047a.jpg
    0603191047a.jpg
    823.1 KB · Views: 78
  • PhotoEditor_20190603_013231551.jpg
    PhotoEditor_20190603_013231551.jpg
    493.2 KB · Views: 74
Back
Top Bottom