Grow #2

Quick question. If I have a small kink in the main stem from LST will it be okay in veg? I'd say it's a slightly less intense kink compared to super cropping kink. (There is 100% no split or brake in the stem), just light kinks during training) will it be okay to leave this way or should I do something to try to straighten the plant back up? I need to start its training though, it's getting really lengthy and not very bushy. I'm okay with a week or so of recover time if that's what it takes as long as it can stay in the shape.

@Emilya any advice on this situation?
It should be fine. The plants will work around just about anything we do to them while still in veg, and it will just make the plant stronger in that area.

It should be fine. The plants will work around just about anything we do to them while still in veg, and it will just make the plant stronger in that area.
Perfect! Thank you! I was sorta thinking they should pull through too cause they were in veg with pleeeeenty of light. And I did my best to keep where it did kink as rounded as I could

Grow update: week 2 (day 11)

Plants are doing great, even after all the worries I had about the dog walker OG, she seems to be putting on new growth which is a great sign!!

I've been watering every couple of days give or take (or when the pots feel just slightly heavier than completely dry soil) I watered them this morning, and I use a mister pump to keep the water aerated as it enters the plants soil. (Once they get transplanted into the 45 gallon I'll probably have to go back to watering with a jug, cause it takes a hot minute to saturate the soil in the .5 - 1 gallon pots using a pump mister lol)

this year I've also started a routine spraying about ever 3 to 7 days of neem oil solution to help fight away bug and pests (mainly spider mites, they ruined some crops last year for me)

Nothing really new to add, besides the fact the Dogwalker OG is starting to show signs of liveliness, other 2 blue dreams, and the blue cookies are all very very happy, growing super fast, and leaves are a beautiful green, this year is looking like its gonna be a good one.

Thanks for reading, and happy growing!!

15883540399295014241286354032210.jpg
1588354072330873077128123290686.jpg

- Zach

Grow update: week 2 day 13

I've been keeping a close eye on my babies. The dogwalker OG is looking good still, it's still slow but its definitely not dying so that's good. The blue dreams are going like wildfires, I'm amazed how quickly these dark heart blue dream heartless are taking off.

New concern of the grow, the blue cookies (silver pot) is droopy and I'm not sure why. I didnt think I over watered, but I may have. It's not underwater for sure. I think I just may have accidently over saturated the soil last watering session, since the roots hadn't really taken off into the soil yet, I swapped it over into a new pot, with new soil with some microryhiza powder and gave it a tiny bit of water last night, today the soil was pretty dry a solid couple inches down, so I gave it some more water just a little bit though. Leaves are still droopy I'm gonna give the plants about 2 to 3 days to almost fully dry up and hope that the leaf perkiness comes back.

Any advice is helpful! Thanks for reading and happy growing!!

20200503_194611.jpg

20200503_194629.jpg

-Zach

Grow Update: week 2 (day 14)

It's a other beautiful day here in california, the plants are looking good today!

The blue cookies started to perk back up today and reaching for the light again (I over watered a bit last watering, all is good now)

The blue dreams are still amazing me, these clones are on a mission to get as big as they can and as quick as they can, and it seems nothing will stop them lol. (If you have the opportunity to grow some dark heart nursery products, I say go for it, they're the strongest plants I have right now)

The dogwalk OG is still healing from its minor super cropping incident during my LST. The 1st kink has knuckled over already pretty much and the second one is healing now, I'd imagine it's got another 3 to 5 day before I notice and major new leaf growth. HOWEVER!!!!! The top node has been growing ever so slowly still while its knuckling over so I'm happy. This is definetly going to be the smaller of the 4, but none the less, a strain I'm very excited to grow and try!!

20200504_181036.jpg
20200504_181041.jpg
20200504_181049.jpg

Summary so far.

Using a basic organic soil with foxfarm marine cuisine fertilizer mixed into the soil at 2/3 recommended dose for the small pots for the clones. I've been trying to water every 2nd day but am now expanding it to every 3rd day (give or take) On every other watering cycle I add 1 tsb of molasses to 1 gallon of water and PH it to about 6.3. I've done LST on all the plants (super cropped the DWOG lol). Cinco de Mayo is the first day I get 14 hours of light in my part of Cali so I'll transplant and put outdoors probably around may 15th to be safe. That's about it for now!

-Zach

Grow Update: Week 3 (Day 15)

It was another high 70s beautiful day here today in Cali. My Gals are all looking better and better each day!!

Today was kind of a watering day, my blue dream that's twice the size of the others needed some water so I gave her some PH'd to around 6.1-2. I watered in a circle around the edge of the pot. The other 3 plants still had some water weight in the pots so I left them for another day. (The big blue dream went 3 days before watering, and the other three will be going in day 4 tomorrow.)

The dogwalker OG although small and slow is still putting on healthy looking new growth. Got her 1st five tipped leaf grown in. And the second kinked area is looking better and better each day, I'd say another 2, maybe 3 days before major new leaf growth hits.

The blue cookies still has 2 drooped leaves but the rest are all perky and growing for the light, so I assume they will just get picked off later . She has new nodes all the way up the stem growing strong.

I've brought all 4 plants in for the night and put them under the 1k watt maxsisun glowlight untill tomorrow morning. I'm thinking I'll probably water the other 3 plants tomorrow evening or Thursday morning depending on how heavy they feel.

20200505_192341.jpg
20200505_192345.jpg
20200505_192410.jpg

Thanks for reading and happy growing!!!

-Zach

Grow Update: week 3 (day 18)

The blue dreams look like they are going to be the kings of this garden this year. I gave them water this morning and this evening they almost feel like they want more!!!

So I decided it's time to transplant soon, I mixed up my soil and got 2 pots that I believed to be 45 gallons set up. As I started to fill the pots I realized they held 60 gallons and not 45, so looks like its gonna be 60 gallon pots instead this year.

I mixed up my soil with pumice (4 bags of recipe 420 to 1 small bag of pumice) I was gonna add some extra ferts to the soil but after reading all the ingredient it definatly doesnt need it. I'll save the ferts for a month or so after transplanting. I'm letting the soil rest over night and come tomorrow morning I'm going to transplant the blue dreams into their new forever home (well untill about october lol) and let them reach for the stars.

I think I'll keep the Dogwalker OG and Blue Cookies in the little pots for a bit longer untill they show some signs of bigger growth. And keep them on the 24-0, while the blue dreams will be switching over to close to 14.5-9.5 give or take.

I'm honestly pleasantly surprised by the bigger pot sizes, looks like I'm gonna need 4 more bags of soil lol.

20200508_172232.jpg
15889927199969098888957956417221.jpg
15889927720357447008863526017244.jpg
15889927987336174854823758813954.jpg

Grow Update: week 4 (day 23)

I've had the blue dreams now in the 60 gallons pots for a few days. They are doing great in the smart pots, I just have to be careful to not over water cause the plants are still a bit small for that big of a pot. But no problems at all.

The Dogwalker OG has healed in both kinked stem areas and new top growth has resumed, it's still kinda slow, but 100% new growth forming at the top. And that's enough to make me excited haha.

The Blue cookies had been showing signs of nutrient burn, I hadn't added any nutes since planting but I gave her a quick flush last watering to hopefully dilute and wash out some excess nutes, since then they plant hasn't had any major new signs of burning, and is still growing and reaching for the lights. I plucked off all the burnt leaves as from my experience they wont resume growth so they went in the soil.

And of course right after I plant in the 60 gallons we get rain here in central california lol, so I had to make a quick make shift rain guard for my plants, that involved a latter and 2mil thick painter's tarp. Must say it worked perfectly, didnt get a drop of water on them.

I'll probably transplant the Dogwalker OG and Blue Cookies around the 18th to 20th (the 2 plants in the small pots) I just want them to have more time to get established since they were the ones that were struggling in the beginning of the season the most.

I would also like to add that the recipe 420, emerald triangle blend super soil, with the 4 bags soil 1 bag pumice mix is very nice, to soil stays very fluffy and aerated, the I can squeeze it in my hand and make it into a ball then with the lightest pressure the ball with completely crumble apart into nice fluffy soil mix, I love it. Since the super soil already had some pumice as part of the mix, I'd say it's now almost 40/60 mix pumice to soil, so far I'm loving this soil mix. (Also very satisfying to run your hands through and play with a little bit lol )

20200512_121719.jpg
20200512_104424.jpg
20200512_104408.jpg
20200511_143437.jpg

-Zach.

Well yesterday I put the dogwalker OG and the. Lue cookies in the big smart pots with their super soil mix. They all look very healthy. However the blue dreams definitely trump the other 2 lol. Those are already becoming some pretty big plants.

The rain subsided and the sun started to come back out here in central california. So they've been soaking up the sun as much as they can and they're loving it.

Fun fact: the blue dreams during the rainy days when the sun wasnt as strong the plants began to show slight signs of nitrogen toxicity (maybe 3 leave tips were curling downward) however when the sun came back out the plant straitened out those tips and is still growing with no harm and no stunting of growth.

Can you guess which 2 are the blue dreams

15900303771988029919485409289297.jpg
15900304242441625007005209095362.jpg
15900304824247837418874298162008.jpg
1590030551896476733256022649468.jpg

I'm very happy with the grow so far!!

-Zach

Grow update week 4 (day 33)

Today was a beautiful day in california, comfortable high 70s to low 80s and the plants were happy as could be!! I noticed my king BlueDream was getting close the the edge of the pot so I decided to put in my support cages early (mainly cause I was bored too)

For my support cages i went with some home wire fencing 0 guage 2x4 square openings 4 feet tall and 7.5 long (4ftx100ft roll, did math to get correct length for proper circumference of the smart pot) I then set it up in the smart pot as close to the edge as I could manage, then I cut out some 4x8 square openings along the bottom to give my hands access to the plant and for my watering cans head to fit in the opening. (Not to toot my own horn but I think it's pretty stylish)

This should with no doubt provide enough support for these future trees. I also fence post I'm going to drive into the ground next to each pot and attach a wire from the post to the cage to ensure the cage doesnt tip over out of the soil and break the plant.

Ontop of all that, I gave them a watering (not the dogwalker OG, its moisture level was still 3 outta 4 on my moisture meter) PH'd the water to 6.4 and watered around the stem to the outside of the pot, making sure to go a little bit lighter on the very edge and closest to the stem to promote root growth but to not drown them either.

20200523_190253.jpg
20200523_190256.jpg
20200523_190301.jpg
20200523_190309.jpg

Thanks for reading, and happy growing!

-Zach

Grow Update (Day 45)

So its been a while since my last post, I didnt realize how much bigger they got till I looked at the pictures from a week or so ago. .

The blue dreams are still kings of the garden growing incredibly strong. (Putting up the second cage this weekend) the smaller blue dream got some crispy tips (still green) and light leaf twisting, I presume its do to this 100+ degree california valley weather.

The Dogwalker OG and the Blue Cookies are taking off them selves and quickly catching up to the other 2 plants.

Everything is still very green, and havent had any major signs if deficiencies in the plants yet. I'm still using the fertilizer that's built into my super soil, and have had no issues yet. I watered them about a week and a half ago, but we got rain last saturday and I havent watered since (this mix makes is amazing, almost impossible to over water in 1 sitting (within reason of course)) I'm going to be spraying with neem seed meal tonight once it gets to below 80 amd give a good watering in the morning time tomorrow.

20200604_195053.jpg
20200604_195046.jpg
20200604_195036.jpg
20200604_195032.jpg

Thanks for Reading, and Happy Growing!!
-Zach

Grow Update: Day 56

So I'm pleased to report that all 4 plants are doing amazing!!!

The blue dreams are still the largest, and the Dogwalker OG and Blue Cookies are catching up quickly!!

The weather has been weird here in Central cali the past few weeks, we've had 100+ and below 60 along with hot dry days and cold wet rainy ones, so my plants have had a wide variety of weather to experience.

The largest blue dream had started to show some yellowing of the older leaves, so I figured it was time to feed!! So I gave it some organic fertilizer and gave them a good hose watering to see how they soil does as a natural PH balancer (it did really well id say) plant went from droopy and sad to lush and perky over night with the feeding and water (no surprise). The fertilizer that I used was fox farms marine cuisine organic fertalizer. (See picture for more info on fertilizer)

I also did some more LST on the Blue Cookies and Dogwalker OG and will be caging them in about a week or 2.

The plants are really starting to show their differences between the strains, and i find it very fascinating. The Dogwalker OG and Blue Cookies already have the short and fat leaves while the Bluedream has the long and skinny leaves along with the beautiful colors that each plant has, this year is a great one in the garden so far.

20200615_132550.jpg
20200615_132539.jpg
20200615_132536.jpg
20200615_132532.jpg
20200615_132529.jpg
20200615_132515.jpg
20200614_182011.jpg
20200615_141926.jpg
20200615_141834.jpg

-Zach

Grow update: Day 63

So these plants have been absolutely amazing so far. (Quick summary) so I've put the cages on both of the blue dreams, and will put the other 2 on this week. I've now given fox farms marine cuisne fertalizer at about 3 tablespoons a plant to both if the blue dreams.

New information about the plants.

I've been low stress training them almost daily where I can, I try to keep the new branches and stems fed through the cage to promote light exposure to the full plant,

Now that they've gotten bigger they require a lot, and i mean a lot more water :yummy: I know have to saturate the pots with almost 10 to 15 gallons of water sometimes more, ever day to evey second day right now. But man are they happy. (It was more like 5 to 10 gallons would last the plant 4 to 7 days lol)

The second blue dream got its 3 tsb of fertalizer this morning and watered it in heavily.

Summary

That's about it for now, enjoy the pictures and always open to new ideas, tips, tricks, friendly criticism or questions.

20200622_095933.jpg
20200622_095910.jpg
20200622_095906.jpg
20200622_095903.jpg
20200622_095857.jpg

Thanks for reading and happy growing.

-Zach

Grow update: Day 72.

So its another amazing day in central California! A nice warm high 90's today and my plants are loving it.

My blue Dreams have almost reached the top of the cages already and I have began to weave them in and out of the cage to keep them growing out more.

The Blue Cookies are doing great in its cage aswell! All the LST is working well, and they are looking lush and green aswell.

I'm planning to do the last cage for my dogwalker OG either today or tomorrow, but that plant is looking flawless aswell, super pretty dark emerald green with fat plump leaves.

This year is a great year in the garden for me, glad I took the advice and did my research and went with a super soil this year. Totally worth it, and in my opinion, much cheaper and easier than a hydroponics grow.

20200701_103030.jpg
20200701_103022.jpg
20200701_103016.jpg

-Zach

Grow update! Day 77

The plants are really starting to show off I think lol. They are getting huge!!! And I love it!!! I've been keeping up on the LST where I can. And watering daily from the hose now ( soil has PH adjusters in it ) the Dogwalker OG still needs a cage and I will do it tomorrow 100%

I had to re fertalize the plants cause they were looking pretty yellow still, so I added an extra tsb to the ones that got some 2 weeks ago, and 3 to those that hadn't been fertalized yet.

They are doing amazing besides that and one of the blue dreams has already gotten to my height, and has surpassed the height of the cage!! And continue to grow fast each day!

20200706_085913.jpg
20200706_085906.jpg
20200705_182431.jpg
20200705_182428.jpg

Thanks for reading and happy growing!

Grow Update Day 79

So I finally decided to put in the work to put on the last cage on the DogWalker OG, It went okaish, i am sad to say that during the process a branch snapped off :( however it was only one decent size branch and the plant will still grow more its just always heart breaking to see still. Another branch got super cropped so I just added some gardeners tape over it for extra support and it'll pull through just fine.

On the DogWalker OG where the branched had snapped off i took some gardeners tape or ribbon (whatever that green non sticky ribbon thing is you gst at the garden store) and wrapped up the point of snap from the main stem to keep bad stuff out.

I then gave all 4 plant a good watering and now back to the waiting game. It broke my heart to know that I damaged some of the plant but I know she will prevail in the end. Still very excited to try this strain.

20200708_135922.jpg
20200708_135916.jpg
20200708_135930.jpg

Thanks for reading and happy growing!!

-Zach

Attachments

• 20200708_135930.jpg
    20200708_135930.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
Grow Update: Day 82

So I'm having a weird occurrence with one of my blue dreams, im getting just one branch that is acting like its severely underwatered, yet the rest of the plant is looking superb. At night the super wilty section perked right back up like nothing had happened and today again its back to wilty. I checked where the branch connects to the main stem and haven't seen any breaks or opening that would lead me to believe the branch had broken off somehow.

I saturated the pots yesterday and gave them all a good watering, ive been watering ever day to ever 2 days. I havent rewatered today yet cause the rest of the plant looks happy!

@Emilya do have any knowledge you could drop on me for something like this?

Iv since put a yard umbrella above that area of plant in hope some shade will help with maybe heat stress, or maybe I need more water but I thought more of the plant would wilt if that was the case. Im just a little confused. Any information would be greatly appreciated .

20200711_122421.jpg
20200711_122424.jpg
20200711_122428.jpg
20200711_122436.jpg
20200711_122456.jpg

Here is what the plant looks like now. And with some comparison shots. Worse come to worse I can afford to loose1 branch. But prefer to save it if I could.

-Zach

Thanks for reading! And Happy Growing!

Back
Top Bottom